Page 27 of 419 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    since i can't resist when talking about Owl's Head, might as well post my jong'ed out gaper-pro video again.. this is from that one big saturday last february. i think the sunday is that epic footage in the new meatheads movie. i was on a plane to italy to ski slush and rocks. note the lift-lines

STOOOKED !

On a whim, just tried to access TGR from my work computer. It worked. Uh oh.

(it's been firewalled for YEARS... looks like they dropped their guard!)

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    That is great! Gotta love all those improvements AND a price drop!

Also Magic is $59 for weekend tickets, but is also not a resort.

SWEET JEEBUSES! Just saw this on FB- Magic offering up to 34% off even that rate. Holy crap that's... Freakin' $38.94 for a weekend ticket. Hot damn!

http://store.magicmtn.com/
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    SWEET JEEBUSES! Just saw this on FB- Magic offering up to 34% off even that rate. Holy crap that's... Freakin' $38.94 for a weekend ticket. Hot damn!

http://store.magicmtn.com/
    Affordable lift ticket is affordable.

Any of you mags been getting your Zumba on?
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Any of you mags been getting your Zumba on?

PM Nihiles.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

TC, hilarious story in the NY Post involving your namesake . . . Bill Murray is the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Have heard that State of Vermont received a $500K grant from the FAA to greatly improve the airport at Newport. Goal is to draw charter flights from Toronto.

I think Rog and Lynchy aren't too far from K-bunk...Zumba indeed BFD!

Sweet pic of the Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by biff chalupa View Post
    TC, hilarious story in the NY Post involving your namesake . . . Bill Murray is the man.
    I would like to come back next life as Bill Murray.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

hey, any boston area mags who could pick up a pair of skis for me in brookline mass? could hookup for handoff on the hill soon - or if heading to ullrfest, they could be left with vt-free...a couple of sixers on me (or a case if you prefer the cheap stuff )

one of the best damn values in lift served new england skiing. bets part is it's in maine, skis big, and about 1/30th as busy as jay.

and these prices don't include the special days each week:

http://www.saddlebackmaine.com/2012-2013-ticket-rates

nice to see jay dropping prices, will surely just get more busy, great....

amazing fall weather today, eh? stellar morning of surf here with the gal today. tomorrow will be a repeat......

git sum.........

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    one of the best damn values in lift served new england skiing. bets part is it's in maine, skis big, and about 1/30th as busy as jay.

and these prices don't include the special days each week:

http://www.saddlebackmaine.com/2012-2013-ticket-rates
    I love Saddleback. I hope to get up there again this year, but who knows. It's a haul for me if I'm not staying a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I love Saddleback. I hope to get up there again this year, but who knows. It's a haul for me if I'm not staying a while.
    i love it too and it meets my pow day requirements. no crowds ever? check. good wind deposition even when only an inch or two falls? yup, just like cannon. cheap? you betcha. long drive? fuckin a right, especially from nj/ny, keeps crowds down. amazing tree skiing? un fucking real. snowin there and raining elsewhere? happens all the time. legal to skin on days when puking and lifts are on wind hold? do whatever the hell you want. slow chairs? yes pleeze, keeps folks away that live rush filled lives and helps preserve the pow for the 8 folks that are skiing there that day

me likey

rog

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    hey, any boston area mags who could pick up a pair of skis for me in brookline mass? could hookup for handoff on the hill soon - or if heading to ullrfest, they could be left with vt-free...a couple of sixers on me (or a case if you prefer the cheap stuff )
    No problem. PM on its way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    Smaller than Jay, Burke, etc but Owl's Head is a cheap option and relatively in the same POW zone as Jay

$45 daypass (usually 50% off with a season's pass elsewhere), $20 on tuesdays and thursdays.

http://www.owlshead.com/fr/tarifs-horaires/ski/

Hit me up on a pow day and i'll show you some stashes
    I grew up skiing Owl's Head, it's a beautiful, mostly line-free mountain, good variety and great atmosphere. But it gets nowhere near the snow that Jay does.

i love it too and it meets my pow day requirements. no crowds ever? check. good wind deposition even when only an inch or two falls? yup, just like cannon. cheap? you betcha. long drive? fuckin a right, especially from nj/ny, keeps crowds down. amazing tree skiing? un fucking real. snowin there and raining elsewhere? happens all the time. legal to skin on days when puking and lifts are on wind hold? do whatever the hell you want. slow chairs? yes pleeze, keeps folks away that live rush filled lives and helps preserve the pow for the 8 folks that are skiing there that day

me likey

rog
    What do you think of the big new glade that they opened maybe two years ago (Casablanca I think). I enjoyed it, but the top seemed almost too thinned out. Was it just always like that or was that an active decision when they made the area part of the map?

And the last time I was there it was mid-week in March. So you can imagine how many folks were on the mountain that day.

me likey

rog

For the (sadly) only one day that I was up there last year, when the snowfall to date was around 80"ish, that place was amazing. Can't even imagine what it would be like with good conditions... Hopefully i'll get a chance to experience it this coming yr...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Thanks for the photo comments, same thing this morning, gonna miss the sunrise over the Northfield range but the all day sun and sunset should help with teh SAD this winter. Bucket I'll try to get a snowy photo though I think it will be snowing nonstop, making photo op impossible.

Wet leaves on the neighborhood trails, partridge flushing next to trail, momentary loss of focus on steep rooty section of trail = crash. Good fun.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    You can get your skis and some beer if you head north yourself...

Or we can maybe add them to the auction???.... Mmmmm

I'm going through Brookline this morning if Bif can't do it. Lmk.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I think Rog and Lynchy aren't too far from K-bunk...Zumba indeed BFD!
    Honey...? Since when did you join Zumba...? I thought that was a chic thing? Maybe we can do it together?

Hmmm? Now that's an idea ...!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by SheSkisTrees View Post
    I got this press release from Jay Peak and thought some of you will find this helpful. Personally, I think this is a very bold move on Jay's part. Just $64 for a day ticket? I don't think any resort has a ticket under $70 anymore other than Smuggs, which is $66, and Mad River Glen, which is $69 weekend and $49 weekday (but $72 holiday). If anyone knows of other resorts with sub-$70 tickets, speak up because I'm sure a lot of folks would like to know that info. Jay is also continuing their discounted rates for Vermonters and folks with season passes from other resorts ($55 at the window, then $50 on reload).

Jay Peak Resort Drops Lift Ticket Prices
    Jay Peak Lowers Price of All Lift-Ticket Categories Amidst $500 Million Revitalization Initiative

(Jay, VT)- Jay Peak Resort today announced that it is lowering the prices of all of its lift tickets. Skiers and riders will see price drops in all ticket categories, from single to multiday, when they reload their tickets online. Some ticket prices will be lowered by as much as $50.

Jay Peak is currently engaged in a multi-million dollar revitalization effort. Since 2008, the resort has invested over a quarter of a billion dollars in new lodging properties, snowmaking, chairlifts, base lodges, and a conference center. Just last season Jay Peak opened the Pump House—a 60,000 square-foot indoor waterpark. Visitors this winter will be greeted by an additional $30 million in improvements including a new Mountain Learning Center, a restaurant at the summit of its tram and a new quad chair, to name a few.

“Having new profit centers succeeding at the pace they are gives us the freedom to apply pricing flexibility to areas like lift tickets,” said resort vice president Steve Wright. “Skiing and riding is why we’re here and it’s our responsibility to make what we believe is the best mountain in the East, an option for everyone."

A single-day lift ticket last year was $75. This year a single-day ticket will cost just $64—a drop of 15%. Multiday tickets, which are already discounted, will see steeper cuts. Ten dollars will be taken off each additional day purchased, so that a five-day ticket will be further discounted by $50.

Key to Jay Peak being able to offer such deeply-discounted tickets is the resort’s Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system. After skiers and riders have initially purchased an RFID ticket, they will be able to reload that ticket online at the special rate as many times as they’d like.

“Jay Peak’s foundation is built on snow and great mountain experiences,” continued Wright. “At the core of our redevelopment initiative is the belief that more people should have access to that, and we’ve backed that up by lowering the cost of entry here at Jay Peak.”

The popular Vermonter tickets and tickets for those with season passes from other resorts will remain unchanged at $55 when purchased at a resort ticket window, but will be reloadable online for just $50.
    Big Bump for Jay Peak. And with news of the expanding airport at Newport . . .

Wow things are a changing up there in NEK. Hopefully for the good.

me likey

rog
    I'll drive for that. May still have a place to stay at the Loaf too.

^^^ The trifecta!

Just wanted to say that ...

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    ^^^ The trifecta!

Just wanted to say that ...
    More like a four bagger!

To the driver of the Salomon Freeski white minivan driving south on 93 near Londonderry, NH yesterday at about 4:50pm, that was me in the black Tundra honking and waving.

Rock on.
    People shooting ski areas should be sued.