Page 338 of 419 FirstFirst ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 10468
    Rog, check your PM.

I need some of your insight. (not girl related :P )
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    Rog, check your PM.

I need some of your insight. (not girl related :P )
    funneh, i just sent you a reply (before reading this) after all this time. not girl related? sorry can't help you

loaf soon?

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    stoked to see you get all those days in. that's dedication. especially nice to see it after what you went through.

be well

rog
    +1 on that thought. Get Amped was an inspiration to all of us that got to ski with him this year. I only got in about 26 of those days at Magic but seeing GA there every day lifted my spirits even when the conditions were less than...

Looking forward to next year @ Magic already! Now on to Killington and Tuckerman (or other ravines).

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    +1 on that thought. Get Amped was an inspiration to all of us that got to ski with him this year. I only got in about 26 of those days at Magic but seeing GA there every day lifted my spirits even when the conditions were less than...

Looking forward to next year @ Magic already! Now on to Killington and Tuckerman (or other ravines).
    i'll get to magic one of these years. quite the season we're having. as some lifts close, others are continuing in fine form into may. and we're barely into corn season. got a good 2+ months of that if it ever gets warm enough

feels like EC skiing is just getting going. for some of us, it is!!!

rog

OOOOOhhh today was warm enough...

Days like today you never want to end. Mad big fun crew (and others) sampled every line or part of every line that Huntington offers today excluding escape hatch.
    Still spaspaspaspeechless. Personal top two/three ski mountaineering days evevaah! Wow.
    O'Dells from the top thru the ice crux, long lunch and finished the day with a very spicy Yale. Monster good day. O'Dells was wild and a personal first ski descent. FF thanks for a killer time and the billygoat enthusiasm. Crazy fun. Wow.
    Solid crew all had best days!
    Topped it off with the Moat Celebration and now a shower and bed. Thanks.
    Love the East! Ski the East! Woot!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Fuckers at work are psyched for 80 tomorrow. At least we had one day of spring before summer. Jerks.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

GA, bring your cheese to Killington this weekend and join our tailgate.
    I have some discount tickets.
    Last edited by Goniff; 04-09-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Fuckers at work are psyched for 80 tomorrow. At least we had one day of spring before summer. Jerks.
    That's pretty common, can't the cold just hang around a lil longer. I'm hoping this weather doesn't hurt the cats to much. You guiding this weekend or are you going to make it up to hunter for their last day? I'm thinking Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    It was a beautiful closing weekend at Magic. Amazing how much snow is still on the mountain. But with warm temps and r**n in the forecast, they decided not to stretch the season any further. By my count, they were open a total of 61 days and I managed to ski 56 of them.

I'm hoping that the noise Plattekill is making about opening for one more weekend turns out to be more than that. It would be the perfect way to finish up my season with a total of 60 days out (I got in a day at Gore and a day at Plattekill in addition to the days at Magic). Otherwise I'll be looking elsewhere for another couple of days somewhere not too far away or too $$$.

Only 56 of 61 = slacker

Of course I kid. I for one am glad to see you out and skiing strong. Still going to be some skiing for a while.

Sunday and Monday noonish on = bluebird and crowd free corn harvest. Yesterday was especially nice, maybe only 200 or so on the hill, would have been 160 if you took out the 15 school skipping kids [thier milfs could stay] and the 25 or so River Rats [mrg employees enjoying some cruising].

Lynchy, sounds like a good time, plums working ok?

Bush tried to trick me into skiing home on Village Run Sunday but I knew it would be dicey, "some walking required"

48.8` windy,misty,overcast bob
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

mmmm, bush.......

full winter at da loaf with 3" of new snow last night and 33 degrees at base. amazing how much colder it stays up there. gonna be a good month up there........

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    GA, bring your cheese to Killington this weekend and join our tailgate.
    I have some discount tickets.
    Hahahaha everytime I have met GA he was doing that exact same thing. His lunches are enviable.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Hahahaha everytime I have met GA he was doing that exact same thing. His lunches are enviable.
    I came in just in time for mouse scraps, even those were tasty!!! Thanks GA, see ya on the slopes again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Lynchy, sounds like a good time, plums working ok?
    It was! Ya, plums were replaced and they even sent me new toe wings too. I had the first generation and they had completely revamped them. Awesome customer service. Promised to treat them well.

Anyway, no pics - camera lense stuck open and will not close or allow pics? Bummed. There is some POV to come and video but that may take some time.

Biggest day I have had in quite some time. And sooo much fun. The weather, the crew, the setting, the conditions and the lines skied all came together for a truly epic day. Heady, sporty and all time!

Not my shots:

Huntington lines:

O'Dells:

So we climbed South - prominent gulley in this photo and traversed up to top of O'Dells (just barely in the photo at right). We skied the looker's right entrance to top of first ice bulge and over and in and thru the ice all linkable turns no gear or rapping necessary. May not be that way after rain so good to get it yesterday. Never skied it. It was a gem. Hero snow.

Yale:

We had a late day and finished the descent in the shade before a re-freeze and got Yale as well (gully to the left in photo below). At first look in the morning we did not think it was linkable all the way thru but while climbing South, skiing O'Dells and then climbing Central to get to Yale we got all sorts of different looks at it and found connections thru the whole line. Some sporty down climbing (skis on) through two ice cruxes but every doable and no rapping required. And a mandatory air into the Fan to top it off. Amazing day.

The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    It was! Ya, plums were replaced and they even sent me new toe wings too. I had the first generation and they had completely revamped them. Awesome customer service. Promised to treat them well.

Anyway, no pics - camera lense stuck open and will not close or allow pics? Bummed. There is some POV to come and video but that may take some time.

Biggest day I have had in quite some time. And sooo much fun. The weather, the crew, the setting, the conditions and the lines skied all came together for a truly epic day. Heady, sporty and all time!

Not my shots:

Huntington lines:

O'Dells:

So we climbed South - prominent gulley in this photo and traversed up to top of O'Dells (just barely in the photo at right). We skied the looker's right entrance to top of first ice bulge and over and in and thru the ice all linkable turns no gear or rapping necessary. May not be that way after rain so good to get it yesterday. Never skied it. It was a gem. Hero snow.

Yale:

We had a late day and finished the descent in the shade before a re-freeze and got Yale as well (gully to the left in photo below). At first look in the morning we did not think it was linkable all the way thru but while climbing South, skiing O'Dells and then climbing Central to get to Yale we got all sorts of different looks at it and found connections thru the whole line. Some sporty down climbing (skis on) through two ice cruxes but every doable and no rapping required. And a mandatory air into the Fan to top it off. Amazing day.

Man, I shoulda worked Sunday and skied yesterday. Color me jealous. No evidence of naturals or sun crust that I saw in GOS. Just wind hammered snow.

our bad neufox, shoulda given you beta from friday...

I saw lynchy at the top of Central when we were skiing high up. We thought about heading over but the snowfields are football fields right now, extending all the way to raymond and it was empty. Awesome day indeed, glad you got some dude!

Bluebird, low winds by mid day and smooth wind packed pow up high east to the most perfectly simmered corn that only george can serve up on a west side descent. It was insanely good, 4k vert summit obs station to car, 3k in the ravine. West side rules. We took a stroll to GG also, and its filled in nicely but the snow was wind hammered. Plan was for MIL but a firm boot out wasn't what we were looking for and the skin on chandler ridge was toast since it was scoured to blue ice.

It was a significant ski for both us, my first time back in this ravine since the tech fitting blow out, and likely TWD's last time since he is moving away from the EC and will be missed . (although I plan to chastise him into one more)

TWD up high east

Non mag split boarder buddy

Surfing the winter wind buff

TWD, laying first tracks on the way home

keeps on shredding endless corn

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    I emailed him the same thing.
    Last edited by thin cover; 04-09-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Tasty shots dood.

Great stoke guys! Unfortunately I couldn't get up there as previously planned. Life. Now if only ld would share GPS data. Gorgeous day here seacoast! Rog

TC and LD, those are sick shots... I knew it would be good and tried to do all in my power to partake as well... alas. Great stoke, tho!

PSA- Any ECRC Cannon G12 users who want a spare charger and battery? PM me if so. Giving this thread first dibs for a few days before I throw it on the photo forum.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Appreciate the kind words and wishes from all. No doubt an especially sweet season. And those I've chatted with about what comes next know that my "Peter Pan" days cannot last much longer. I've been somewhat dreading the reality of a head-down, intensive job search. So the e-mail I received yesterday inviting me to interview for the Director of IT position at a small college couldn't have come at a better time. I applied back at the beginning of December, didn't hear anything back and figured it was dead in the water. Now it sounds like they are really interested. I honestly couldn't imagine a better position for me in my field than this one. Guess it really is time to let my ladyfriend cut my hair (she's been after me about it for weeks!).

Goniff and AW: I may very well try to meet up with you guys at K-mart, but probably not this weekend.

Enjoy the spring corn everyone!
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    Appreciate the kind words and wishes from all. No doubt an especially sweet season. And those I've chatted with about what comes next know that my "Peter Pan" days cannot last much longer. I've been somewhat dreading the reality of a head-down, intensive job search. So the e-mail I received yesterday inviting me to interview for the Director of IT position at a small college couldn't have come at a better time. I applied back at the beginning of December, didn't hear anything back and figured it was dead in the water. Now it sounds like they are really interested. I honestly couldn't imagine a better position for me in my field than this one. Guess it really is time to let my ladyfriend cut my hair (she's been after me about it for weeks!).

Goniff and AW: I may very well try to meet up with you guys at K-mart, but probably not this weekend.

Enjoy the spring corn everyone!
    Great news on the job front; I guess. I lived vicariously through you this season. We'll be around just about every weekend at K unless we can hit George on a weekend (weather chasing is tough when you are limited to 2 out of 7).

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    There is some POV to come and video but that may take some time.
    [/thread subscribed]

^^^Celebrity sighting.

I'll be lapping the Skye Peak Express on Sunday, keep an eye out y'all.

GetAmped! Great season my man- you're an inspiration.
    Last edited by biggins; 04-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post

Love that shot, no ones bad except my own. Well and the guy that told me to go to GOS.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    no ones bad except my own. Well and the guy that told me to go to GOS.
    well you coulda called me for my 2 cents. i mean based on what we chose to ski a week earlier i do have a sense for the conditions on george

soon.

rog