Page 156 of 419 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 10468
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    They just updated their facebook page.

The red chair passed inspection & is ready for duty tomorrow.
    Fuck.

Well of course I mean yay!! ...but, fuck.

Have fun fellas. Perhaps next weekend I'll be able to join you.

Permits? Fuck, God help us.......and I'm an athiest.

Permits is def a bad idea. However maybe paying having a option to purchase rescue form whoever offers it. I know from when my father owned owned a boat for so many years, he used to join SeaTow. It was a set price for the year and if you needed a tow, being a member it was free. If you weren't a member they clobbered you for a tow back. Maybe something similar could be offered.

Here's the message to passholders:
    Magic Snow Report for 1/4/13:

The 2013 Ski Season is on. The Red Chair passed its 30,000 pound load test and VT State Inspection today with flying red colors.

Magic will be ready-to-go at 8:30am with over 90% open terrain--39 trails and glades, most of which are in mint condition from the minimal traffic over the last few days. We received a couple of inches last night and more is expected on Sunday. Thank you so much for your patience with the lift repair. It should be a great weekend of skiing and riding here.

-The Magicment

Doesn't colorado have some sort of permit-like system? I think most BC users there end up buying some variant of a hunting license for a few bucks (less than $20) that covers the rescue costs should something bad happen. Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to recall this being the case.

Also many European countries sell a similar form of insurance (White Card?) that covers rescue costs.

Permits? Sounds craptastic, comrade.

Very happy to see that chairs are spinning again at Magic. Very sad that I cannot make it up until next weekend at the earliest... Even then the Redskins' playoffs?! games are going to interfere with my turns since I work most Saturdays. I wish they had MNF for playoffs?! games.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    Permits? Sounds craptastic, comrade.

Very happy to see that chairs are spinning again at Magic. Very sad that I cannot make it up until next weekend at the earliest... Even then the Redskins' playoffs?! games are going to interfere with my turns since I work most Saturdays. I wish they had MNF for playoffs?! games.

tastic....haaaaaa I love that word.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post

Thats looks sweet, I hope you had your insurance and permit on the ready

I would like to see more of the Buttah shredits this year!

Snowed hard all afternoon on a tour with Vinman and non mag buddy. Explored some new areas we will be getting back to. Everything is skiing all time right now.

Snowing hard still, hoping for windhold tomorrow.

In Whitefield for a non-skiing weekend. Dumping up here.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post

This...

is a great shot.

Speaking of wind, what do you think the odds are that Jay will be shut down like they were today?

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    In Whitefield for a non-skiing weekend. Dumping up here.
    what kind of accumulation?
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Nice pics TC, Bo has to have logged more bc time this year than 99% of the people in the ECRC!

Bottle, looks like the new zone delivered!

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    This...

is a great shot.

Speaking of wind, what do you think the odds are that Jay will be shut down like they were today?
    Thanks I dug that one as well. I think there is a good chance Madonna and Tram/Flyer will go down. Are you still heading up there? going to make the call in the morning. I will let you know.

Bottle- Glad that new zone worked out. I will meet you next time. So much good skiing there, many tracks to be made in wide open woods.
    Last edited by thin cover; 01-04-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Which one of you guys was hanging out by the Ski School at Mount Southington today? I saw these S7s outside the building, but couldn't figure out whose they were.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0483.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	129500
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I might as well - tix through work means $ is no object. Just cut my skins today, too.. and if mags are hitting up bj, then, well...

Thanks I dug that one as well. I think there is a good chance Madonna and Tram/Flyer will go down. Are you still heading up there? going to make the call in the morning. I will let you know.

Bottle- Glad that new zone worked out. I will meet you next time. So much good skiing there, many tracks to be made in wide open woods.

Fussy- He is an endless source of energy. I can have him chest deep for 4 hours wallowing and he still wants to rip toys out of my hand the second I hit the couch. Lets get out dude, let me know when you have some time.

TC... How does he have the time and means to get after so much stoke? My envy is eclipsed by nothing, but my admiration is tangible.

The groomers surfed six long days ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1357358814.081363.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	129506

Heading up to the bush at the ass crack-o-dawn with IrishExit. Any one out making turns? Vt-free, ML? Maybe some après heddy toppers?

x2, sick one!

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    This...

is a great shot.

Sick! stoked to see things going off in the 802. I am having an awesome time in the Sierra, but glad to see things getting deep back home... woot!

I'm moving to Utah in two days. I can't even comprehend that...

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Heading up to the bush at the ass crack-o-dawn with IrishExit. Any one out making turns? Vt-free, ML? Maybe some après heddy toppers?
    If you guys don't get blown off the hill or lift [if they are not on windhold] I'll be around, call me. A buddy picked me up a case of teh Heady last week, still a few left.

22.1` windy a fuck the last 22 hrs. Bravo is spinning currently.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thanks guys. And HA the spot is ripe for when you return. Although looks like no reason for you to come back

Skrilla- this stuff is 10 min from my house. I work at at home so I cut out at 2 usually and call the tour my gym time. I work on pacific time mostly. So late nights abound as well.

Looks like jay is the winner with a foot and heavy snow still. Might head up to the surrounding environs soon. Snowing here as well.
    Last edited by thin cover; 01-05-2013 at 07:56 AM.

..As a back country only skiier, I would love to see people who make a series of dumb decisions and end up stuck and needing rescue charged to hell and gone for the time they eat up out of the lives of the HT/BC rescue teams. Also, I would gladly buy a BC pass for 20 bucks or so just like I buy a fishing liscense every year to offset any costs the teams would be subject to during a rescue of someone who was out there in a reasonable way but had some bad luck and got into trouble with injury or equipment failure. Not that I think it should be mandatory, but basically insurance. I would definitly buy it. I figure it's really only a matter of time until I don't get my tip over that log that is burried just under the surface of the snow. Seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I'm moving to Utah in two days. I can't even comprehend that...
    have fun and be safe out there. tricky snowpack oftentimes. will be nice to look at different mountains for days/weeks/months on end.

looks like northern ne is doing quite well. george has done well. may be up poking around tomorrow. should be lots to look at. considerable danger today. winds drop tonight for tomorrow with more snow coming. will be a bit touchy/tricky. winter!!!

have fun y'all!

rog

Just left big jay, your welcome for the skin track . Overhead blower at the top, go get it!