Page 301 of 419 FirstFirst ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 10468
    Im looking for some good backcountry near burlington VT. looking for any tips about where to go or who to ask about it

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    I don't get out often so pardon the length on this one.

Nice, JMO...

Not sure you want to see this, but this is your run now. (Glad to see you got it in it's prime, though.):

On a more positive note, we managed to get four grown men and gear into a VW Passat wagon and made it home without the suspension failing:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by mmckendry12 View Post
    Im looking for some good backcountry near burlington VT. looking for any tips about where to go or who to ask about it
    [/rolls eyes]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

38˚ and dumping in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post
    Hmm seems safe, as long as you're wearing a helmet that is.
    helmet won't keep you safe. your brain will. helmet just makes you feel safer which in my opinion is much less safe.

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 03-16-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post
    Hmm seems safe, as long as you're wearing a helmet that is. Hope those guys backed off their plan.

Scary stuff.
    <ignorance>Admittedly, I'm not well-versed in avalanche procedures and find this video very interesting and informative, but, with the conditions so loose, couldn't that slab fall on him just doing the test from below??<ignorance> Just looking for some clarification - thanks!!

Impromptu gaper day at the Bowl - skied with the bestest man at my wedding who has been busy having kids and such. I "Rocked" his K2 Merlins all afternoon so that he could get on my Line Prophets. God I love the new ski technology.

You Worth Boys need to make some longer, straighter boards

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MCSBMarch2013I.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	134859

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MCSBMarch2013H.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	134860
    Last edited by Bottleman; 03-17-2013 at 04:02 PM.

[quote]
    <ignorance>Admittedly, I'm not well-versed in avalanche procedures and find this video very interesting and informative, but, with the conditions so loose, couldn't that slab fall on him just doing the test from below??<ignorance> Just looking for some clarification - thanks!!

Yes, it could fail. Getting the field work done to keep people safe can be dangerous.

Good day on the squirrel wheel today, no lines low till 10 meant rapid laps fo pow. Eug would know what this is...

Same shit different day = quiet skiing

I was asked "Why are your skis so wide"[Lotus 120], I replied, so I can float in the untracked woods. Couple runs here to finish out the day

I thought I saw Bottleman

Chatted up the Worth boys and Gal but skis were flying out so fast I did not get a spin on teh rocks with them

No Jinx from me.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    No Jinx from me.

Bless you.

A little late, but shameless plug for tomorrow's rando race at Magic: the three descents on Upper Wizard > Talisman > Bail Out (ungroomed, nice & rattly) > Heart of Magician (ditto) > Lower Magician are kind of ho-hum, but it's the most difficult open terrain there now. (Plenty of snow, just too refrozen for the patrol to be convinced to open other terrain.)
    However, we have spiced up the third ascent w/ a boot pack up Red Line.
    Details here:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...78#post3941378
    ... and here:
    http://www.facebook.com/NERandoRaceSeries
    http://www.facebook.com/events/423111481086130/
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Anybody ski Plattekill today? Thinking of heading their tomorrow and wondering what conditions will be like.

[/rolls eyes]

http://nebackcountry.blogspot.com/ ???

But seriously.

Bolton Valley backcountry. Plenty of info available on the web. While you're at it, throw in some coin to help preserve the area permanently. They're only $35k short of their $1.85 million goal to save the BV Nordic & BC land from private sale. Deadline to raise the remaining funds is the end of this month.

Good to see a bunch of you guys stop by today. Thanks for coming out!

Nice shots VTF! and good chatting.

I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the free ticket since skis were moving fast all day. But managed a morning skin up and a ski with Sequoiashan at Smuggs. Conditions were much improved over yesterday.

^^ nice pics TC...you to Vt Free...

MADWASFUKKINAMAZING friday and saturday
    pics later...
    Last edited by buckethead; 03-16-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Snurfers challenge at Stratton today was some nextlevel/oldschool shit. So stoked for the next VT Open.. and more snow this week!

Olympic Gold medalist Ross Powers boosting the retro pipe iphone pic.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Anybody ski Plattekill today? Thinking of heading their tomorrow and wondering what conditions will be like.
    I am sure if anyone was there they're going to post thier thoughts.

TC and anyone else for that matter, we need to have a little ski together with that Treewell dude before he crosses the Mississippi.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Alright, fess up. Was anyone else at Okemo last night? Holy shit, it was awesome.

In this picture you've got the bass player from Dave Matthews, Ed Robertson from the Bare Naked Ladies, Dee Snyder, the guitarist/vocalist from Guster, Brett Scallions from Fuel and Jason Biggs on cowbell.

Other people on stage at various times: Sebastian Bach, lead guitarist from Ratt, OAR vocalist, Sully from Godsmack, DMB trumpet player, OAR sax player, guitarist/vocalist from Moe and Ed Robertson's 10 y.o. son on drums.

FUCKING RAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TC and anyone else for that matter, we need to have a little ski together with that Treewell dude before he crosses the Mississippi.

I am sure we can make it happen. We will be out today. Currently snowing very hard here. Good to see ullr back on board these last few days.

Poked around in the presidentials yesterday and found some deep, safe turns.

have to avoid the steeper terrain right now but lower angle thigh deep pow turns def didn't suck.

Today is more laid back: drinking and skiing. Happy St Patty's!

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    Poked around in the presidentials yesterday and found some deep, safe turns.

have to avoid the steeper terrain right now but lower angle thigh deep pow turns def didn't suck.

Today is more laid back: drinking and skiing. Happy St Patty's!
    Sweet Drew! One of these days our schedules will connect. Looks like I missed a touchy but sick pow day. Good for you.
    Luck of the Irish must have been in play to put you in the right spot to talk a couple joey's out have a potential fatal mistake. They owe you a few pints.
    Let's hope this next storm delivers snd resets things up high. I think March is going to flip flop like the rest of this winter and go out like a lion.
    Happy green beer day. Drink a pint or two!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Hmmm, another pow day Tuesday? Lookin' good North of I84 looks good, north of I90 even better. I'm hoping it's enough that my kids have no school because it's my day off.

^^^ sick!

jay did not suck yesterday with 6" dust on crust

morning pow groomers, low-angle woods, ice bumps

saw that patroller with the crazy burton pants, and pretty sure i spotted SheSkisTrees

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Nice, JMO...

Not sure you want to see this, but this is your run now. (Glad to see you got it in it's prime, though.):

Ouch! Maybe that'll look better on Wednesday.
    People shooting ski areas should be sued.