Page 109 of 419 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 10468
  1. #2701
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Burlington Vt
    Posts
    52
    Spending the weekend at Sunday River

    "Whoa bud those are some really big 'SHAPED' skis.... arn't you a little too ambitious for today?"

    pointing at my 2011 189 Obsetheds.... uh NO! (f%@$ing hate the phrase "shaped ski"

  2. #2702
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    out there on the neon avenue
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    I never knew you were a Cougar?!?!?! I was class of 96
    That's great shoulda known. Place breeds addicted skiers and skaters. My pet powder goat went there as well. Same year as me. I am older than you though. Left in 8th grade in 1992.

  3. #2703
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,967
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
    Just an fyi from a Killington regular - imho, Ramshead has too many kids and Ambassadors near the front of the lot. If you arrive early enough, you can park near the Snowdon Quad (just below the 'pay 2 play') and ski down to Ramshead for ticket, or park in the Vale lot where you can cross the road and ski down to Ramshead for tickets. The Vale lot is the first right turn after Ramshead and the Medical Center (yellow building) and continue up road to the third lot with an opening on to the trail on the right. If you check out the Snowdon Quad first, and that does not work, you can drive down the Vale Road to the Vale lot. After getting tickets, take Ramshead lift to Snowdon Quad. Skiing is good! Hope that helps - have fun!!
    Thanks, I know the place is like parking at a stadium with flaggers and cones directing you in a circle "jerk" to your final destination.

    8:30 am Snowdon> Vale [where we parked last year and will most likely be] and we do some skiing. I'll probably drive the "big red machine" with ML in tow.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  4. #2704
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,385
    Please, someone talk me off the ledge about the current forecast. This shit is no longer funny. And yes, I do realize that there are much larger issues in the world

  5. #2705
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    the Can-Utardia / LMCC VT
    Posts
    11,093
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    That's great shoulda known. Place breeds addicted skiers and skaters. My pet powder goat went there as well. Same year as me. I am older than you though. Left in 8th grade in 1992.
    Clancy Hill for Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    I would do Loon. Haven't been there since I went to Cardigan Mt School. That and Ragged were our spots.
    ...and I haven't skied there since I got suspended for smoking a cigarette on the gondi during the same ski trip...first cig I ever even tried!

    good times, good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

  6. #2706
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    That's great shoulda known. Place breeds addicted skiers and skaters. My pet powder goat went there as well. Same year as me. I am older than you though. Left in 8th grade in 1992.
    fuck, you guys are young. 92' i was living out of my 81' chevy chevette 4 speed manual driving around the country chasing snow. ended up on a couch in a colorado trailer park eating ramen for breakfast and pow for lunch daily. good times

    looking kinda grim for vt, but maine still looks solid for maybe just monday.

    hmmmmm

    rog

  7. #2707
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,385
    Graduated "college" in '92. Put me out to pasture. Not only am I going gray but in some of the wrong places as well. TMI?!



    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    fuck, you guys are young. 92' i was living out of my 81' chevy chevette 4 speed manual driving around the country chasing snow. ended up on a couch in a colorado trailer park eating ramen for breakfast and pow for lunch daily. good times

    looking kinda grim for vt, but maine still looks solid for maybe just monday.

    hmmmmm

    rog

  8. #2708
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Graduated "college" in '92. Put me out to pasture. Not only am I going gray but in some of the wrong places as well. TMI?!
    college, eh? i never understood the allure. still don't. snow is all i could focus my life on. a real time filler

    yes, TMI

    rog

  9. #2709
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pico, VT
    Posts
    3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    fuck, you guys are young. 92' i was living out of my 81' chevy chevette 4 speed manual driving around the country chasing snow. ended up on a couch in a colorado trailer park eating ramen for breakfast and pow for lunch daily. good times

    looking kinda grim for vt, but maine still looks solid for maybe just monday.

    hmmmmm

    rog
    Vt is having a "grim" year by the pow-bros standards!

    ME or QC seem to be the prime zones as per storm tracks. This will be two in a row for ME I think where VT sees RAIN np and the mainers are playing I the pow.

    Might have to make a field trip!
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

    "You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

    "I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

    "It's simple science." -lionelhutz

  10. #2710
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    Vt is having a "grim" year by the pow-bros standards!

    ME or QC seem to be the prime zones as per storm tracks. This will be two in a row for ME I think where VT sees RAIN np and the mainers are playing I the pow.

    Might have to make a field trip!
    happens in april too. so often i've seen it raining in vt while it's puking at da loaf.

    c'mon over!!!

    rog

  11. #2711
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vermonifornia
    Posts
    178

    Works for me

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
    If you arrive early enough, you can park near the Snowdon Quad (just below the 'pay 2 play') and ski down to Ramshead for ticket, or park in the Vale lot where you can cross the road and ski down to Ramshead for tickets.
    Did that last Sunday, after getting booted from behind the who-the-fsck-put-cones-out!?!?! I'll be there tomorrow AM.

    BTW, all you vets out there who served your country, but didn't stick around long enough to "retire", the Express Card is now free for you (and me), too. Just swing by Snow Shed base & flash your old ID. Half-price mid week tix & reliable wifi in K1 Base makes for a decent remote office.

    Bucket, you there?
    Last edited by alpinista; 12-15-2012 at 08:19 PM.

  12. #2712
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pico, VT
    Posts
    3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    happens in april too. so often i've seen it raining in vt while it's puking at da loaf.

    c'mon over!!!

    rog
    you can't spell maine without ME!
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

    "You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

    "I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

    "It's simple science." -lionelhutz

  13. #2713
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Too Far South
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Clancy Hill for Life!



    ...and I haven't skied there since I got suspended for smoking a cigarette on the gondi during the same ski trip...first cig I ever even tried!

    good times, good times.
    All I remember is the hike over to Cannan Street Lake from Greenwood house in the AM for Polar Bear Club and Sunday Supervised

    and of course

    Go get em Tiger!!!


    Edit

    and the weather forecast sucks donkey balls!
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

  14. #2714
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    and the weather forecast sucks donkey balls!
    not in maine! yer doin it wrong dude! c'mon over!

    rog

  15. #2715
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    EC
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post

    crank, you been riding? stratham alps was devine this am at 630. a morning night ride to start. 21 degrees and perfect ripping single track. brought the booties this time

    4 of us are riding there tomorrow am at 830 if ya wanna join. lots of new trail since you were last there. rode a whole new long section today. will be a quick group as the dick waving and razzing has been a texting clusterfuck. love that. they're gonna hate their multiple speeds and suspension pretty quick buh bye

    Would have loved to join, but had a conference call for work at 7:30 this morning (seems to be all I do these days) and blew apart the FH body on my Scalpel. Did a group ride on the road instead for 3 hours today.

    Snow soon? Hope so.

    I've been riding a bit when I can, but did my last cross race last weekend.

  16. #2716
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Too Far South
    Posts
    5,272
    I would rog but Maine is an ungodly haul from where I'm sitting.
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

  17. #2717
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    Would have loved to join, but had a conference call for work at 7:30 this morning (seems to be all I do these days) and blew apart the FH body on my Scalpel. Did a group ride on the road instead for 3 hours today.

    Snow soon? Hope so.

    I've been riding a bit when I can, but did my last cross race last weekend.
    ah. our group of 5 turned into just me and jerry from the start. i asked him what happened and he told me that it was a combo of him telling his riding group (25 guys total) to leave their skirts at home and that i was riding. one guy i don't even know heard my name and told jerry he was all set with that and the others followed suit. jerry was turning the screws hard from the start and i got a bit worried. then i settled in and talked the whole time, especially up the climbs which pissed him off to no end. oh the joy! solid lil effort of a ride. felt so fucking good at work after.

    broken fh body so annoying. i try but can't hurt my 5 year old crossmax 29er wheels.

    maybe ride next sunday am?

    will snow soon. always does.........

    rog

  18. #2718
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    I would rog but Maine is an ungodly haul from where I'm sitting.
    i hear ya. yer not missing anything. a few wettish inches falling on brown ground is all.

    rog

  19. #2719
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on the rivah, VT
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Please, someone talk me off the ledge about the current forecast. This shit is no longer funny. And yes, I do realize that there are much larger issues in the world
    I hear the beer's good these days. Even managed to get ahold of some headies, first time I've had some in quite a while. Can't wait till there's more availability..

    It was getting just a tiny bit better at the bush today... Still pretty firm out there though. Snow sure would be nice.

    In other
    I'm happy to present ..... the Magic!
    ........................................
    Graphics by the most talented Amy Gironda


    If you're still interested in getting in on the 178 beta, let me know by tomorrow night.


    Off for another day of WROD ...fun(?) tomorrow. Woo, it's winter. We're supposed to be skiing, right?
    go Go GO!

    18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

  20. #2720
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Great looking fall forcast for Vt. Got the new boat outfitted, shook it down on a solo mad float last week. Let it rain. Off to finish up some "reclaimation" at the local NELSA. Might be some descent fishing on some of the smaller steelhead streams that hold fish in spate this week too. That and a couple of Jujitsu sessions, can't even fit in all the fun crap to do. Diversity is the key to recreational fulfillment in N.E.

  21. #2721
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Diversity is the key to recreational fulfillment in N.E.
    and in life.

    nice magic boards! love the graphics! any worth sticks got flat tails?

    rog

  22. #2722
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middlebury, VT
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    and in life.

    nice magic boards! love the graphics! any worth sticks got flat tails?

    rog
    That's the only one without a flat tail.

    Addit: Oh, and Rog, didn't realize you were into flat tails? :-)
    Last edited by weasel1; 12-16-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

  23. #2723
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,298
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Let it rain.
    Another stokeful post
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  24. #2724
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    That's the only one without a flat tail.

    Addit: Oh, and Rog, didn't realize you were into flat tails? :-)
    ah nice. may have to check out a pair once my sticks are spent.

    kinda gloomy today. tough to get outta bed

    rog

  25. #2725
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,814
    Weasel, those graphics are sick. I'm cash-poor so no more skis for me this year but next year, put a pair aside with my name on them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •