Page 7 of 419 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    The forcasts the last 10 days have not lasted 12 hrs before they change, love the optomistic long term fo-casts as it makes it easier to have powder dreams. I found plenty of wooly bears this fall that all point to a great winter.

GA, get after the fitness to enjoy the snow later.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

At this point it's all pipe dreams but I've had some damn fine days in October so watching and waiting is the best policy IMHO
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Long term forecasts may be worth little, but I've followed Dr. Hutz's advice to early season pow 3 of the last four years. On all occasions he predicted much more snow than the weather establishment predicted, if they predicted any, and Dr. Hutz was right. It's time to mount dynafits on rock skis.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    20% chance?! wtf does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    That an event should happen 2 out of 10 times
    i can get 3 out of 10, i go huge though, always

blinked for a few days and the new ecrc rolls out, just wanted to plant a flag, pour a rye whiskey neat and say here's to a deep and long season and hope to get many turns with y'all. all the best to road trip and get amped also.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    inner bootworks is probably the best in town... but i still wouldn't say they're great.

how tight a fit are you looking for? if i want to get a perfect race fit in a new race boot, i make the trip down to peak performance in killington... the best IMO.

for heat moldable liners in touring boots, i make a BTV trip and hit up OGE.
    Not really looking for a race fit boot, more like a resort/sidecountry boot. I'll try Inner Bootworks, thanks. I'd like to buy near Stowe because that's where I'll be skiing all season so if there are any fit issues, I can get them tweaked easily.

Damn, went to Baltimore for a long weekend and ended up on page 7. Lots of catching up to do.

To all the folks kicking cancer's ass...fight the good fight. Mrs. MNIAW is still dealing with it but is winning. Kinda cool to live with a woman with a bucket list! She'll be joining me at Work Day #2 on Saturday. Her new goal is to ski Magic and hang at the BLBP this winter.

Radam...sorry to hear about your spill. I owe you a ride somewhere with borken bones so don't hesitate to ask.

DoWork, that comment about nordic girls and lobsters had me laughing out loud. You've obviously never been to Denmark!

TC, those are some sweet fish pics.

Laser, props for starting 6.0. See you at Magic this weekend?

Biff, saw your avatar all over Oriole Park at Camden Yards this past weekend. Red Sox suck but it was a great weekend anyway.

Screws come out of my knee on 15th...will prevent me from getting to Ullrfest but I plan on skiing K on Veteran's Day.

Just want to throw out a public service announcement to my former colleagues...October 3-4 is the anniversary of the Battle of the Black Sea portrayed in the movie Blackhawk Down. Most don't remember the date but those that are connected to that event will never forget. Lots of heroes.

Trying to appreciate every minute that I can. Rainy days or bluebird gold, we all get one spin on this wheel (that we are sure of), everything else is a dream.

I don't know whether the colors are extra special this year, but they seem like it. Perception is 9/10's of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    I'd like to buy near Stowe because that's where I'll be skiing all season

i prefer Deer Valley. No snowboarders, plus they dont sell discount skiing like Stowe, which keeps the riffraff to a minimum.

at least we agree on comfortable boots.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post
    I don't know whether the colors are extra special this year, but they seem like it. Perception is 9/10's of reality.
    QFT...

An fuck, where'd ya'll come out from? One god damned day and there's more posts in ECRC6 than we'd get in most weeks this past summer.. what, were y'all waiting for v6? Should be a good ride here on the EC, it always is.

And ^^^^ 1^jong bringin the funniez.. iiizzzzzz niiiiiizzzzze
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Posting here in hopes that this year I stop being so jaded and re-embrace my EC roots.

Also, looking for 1 guy and 1 girl for my Thursday Night Race League team at Whaleback. Last year we were a solid B League team and our 2 slowest dropped out.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere.

Good luck today Radam. After this, you'll be bionic.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

It was a nice April storm that left 26" of snow on bare ground .

I had to stop on my morning commute yesterday to soak up the view. Beats the Merritt or LIE for calmness.
    Weather looks sunny for part of tomorrow, might have to take some time off to leaf peep/ride.

Bigga
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blue1_Copy.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	587.8 KB 
ID:	121895
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

a few days ago, thought it should be posted here since the ground might be white in a coupla months.

rog

The foliage is spectacular this year. Not so much in the valleys, but along the spine and Rte 100 it's blazing!

Foothills of the VT mountain where it never snows
    Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Not really looking for a race fit boot, more like a resort/sidecountry boot. I'll try Inner Bootworks, thanks. I'd like to buy near Stowe because that's where I'll be skiing all season so if there are any fit issues, I can get them tweaked easily.
    I don't care what Petrics says, Inner Bootworks is the best. Benny is a bootfitting wizard: Some of you know that my husband's leg was crushed by a lift shack at Jay years ago while he was patrolling (let's just say it was a windy day). His injuries were so bad, docs wanted to amputate it, but Woodcorps said "no way, I need it to play." Needless to say, he still has his leg and watching him ski, you'd never know he had such a catastrophic injury (but his leg looks pretty ugly). Anyway, one of his injuries was his ankle -- it was blown apart by the force of the impact and to this day, he has very little range of motion. Getting his foot into ski boots, and being comfortable while skiing, was elusive until I met my husband and introduced him to Benny. Benny saved the day, and Woodcorps won't go to anyone else. We both swear by him. Quite a few Jay patrollers go to Benny too. You should definitely look him up.

Loving all the fall foliage photos! I live off the South Richford Road and had to run an errand yesterday that turned into a "long way home" kind of drive because the foliage is peaking here. Spectacular, breathtaking, fabulous, awesome -- all that and more. Get out there now to enjoy it!
    Raise 'em Jay. And remember: Safety Third!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

I agree on Benny, that guy is awesome. He saw my leg and how distorted it was and asked what happened. I told him and it was like I was celebrity. He knew all about the accident and waived the charge and stayed an hour after they closed to tweak the boot several times until it was perfect and it was. that foot on the injured leg has become mass of bone spurs and pain. but those boots were like warm gloves when he was done. Been going there ever since. I am about to take my new maestrale RS's there. He likes whiskey if you want the special treatment.

amazing what you went through and came out of to slay another day, tc. fkna. inspiring to say the least....

rog

Foothills of the VT mountain where it never snows
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    I agree on Benny, that guy is awesome. He saw my leg and how distorted it was and asked what happened. I told him and it was like I was celebrity. He knew all about the accident and waived the charge and stayed an hour after they closed to tweak the boot several times until it was perfect and it was. that foot on the injured leg has become mass of bone spurs and pain. but those boots were like warm gloves when he was done. Been going there ever since. I am about to take my new maestrale RS's there. He likes whiskey if you want the special treatment.
    Yah, Benny told us he worked on your boots. You are quite the celebrity, but only because you are an inspiration to many! Glad he could work his magic on you.
    Raise 'em Jay. And remember: Safety Third!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

out in da woods wit you? heh, keep those fuckin marlboro lights away from me would ya? i'll bring some lucky's. skeeters hate the non filter 2nd hand

glad you got the adapter. those wheels are brilliant.

rog
    i got the sawzall with me today...sshh, don't tell anyone.

+1 on Inner Bootworks. Benny is great. Been going there for the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Biff, saw your avatar all over Oriole Park at Camden Yards this past weekend. Red Sox suck but it was a great weekend anyway.
    How bout dem O's hon? I've had fun watching baseball this season, and I haven't been able to say that in a long time. The Sox will bounce back, and it won't take 15 years like it did for the O's. Great time to visit B'more . . . glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Another +1 for Benny. Been working with Benny for a long time now and always more than pleased

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    i got the sawzall with me today...sshh, don't tell anyone.
    hmmm, what time you going out? i no worky today. down to 4 days a week. my 40th b-day present to myself was that i'd stop working 5 days a week. present came a few months early.

sawzall eh? as nature intended

rog

sawzall eh? as nature intended

rog
    i don't have my bike today...it's a work day...ride tomorrow. I'm watching the radar and going out when its not raining!

I'm not cutting anything live, just disturbing 'habitat' of the downed shit and maybe a little pruning if need be. I am relatively green ya know.