Page 385 of 419 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 10468
    The cold front passed the MRV about an hour ago. We missed the major thunderstorm onslaught, the Kingdom, not so much. Currently 72.2` and crystal clear air.

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 07-21-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

90,000 degrees here seacoast. taking the family to the beach, pronto.

rog

This just in...there's a Barney episode about Switzerland. And it looks like the skier is either on pins or x-c. Not sure what brand that board is. Looks like a Toys R Us special.

People shooting ski areas should be sued.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    You know this place is hurting when people are bringing up barney

finally got around to watching some of Further the other day. Winter camping doesn't ever look more enticing than in July!

Anyone do anything stoke-worthy over the weekend? I'm about to check into Gimp Central with some stupid self induced IT band issues from obsessively bouldering, so if you have any other snow related flicks from the past few years i'm all about the suggestions.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Sunday riding in Denny with low 70's and no humidity was bliss.

Lots of mossy fun

A forest find = tasty pizza and ravioli

With teh humids back last nights post work 2 hour tour was a sweaty drip fest. Good thing was 2 rides in without having to hose the bike off.

cliffhanger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040494.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	139686

Name:	P1040489.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	139685

Name:	P1040487.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	139684
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Is it Ullrfest yet? Fuck this season. It's either a total washout or a goddam sauna.

I'm ready for the cold again and it seriously cannot come soon enough.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I'm thinking of winter too. I can't even fully enjoy summer activities due to an injury, which should be fully healed by fall.

Bring it on!

nice bike ride stoke vt-free!

twas a splendid ne weekend. worked sat. sunday was a sweet 2 hour surf sesh from 6-8am followed by doggie walk to the beach from the house followed by a gorgeous 2.5 hour road bike ride on a mix of country dirt and paved roads with a good effort up mt a from the south berwick side and a cool down along the coast followed by beers (too many) with drew who whizzed up from boston to help with some house stuff and bbq with the best burgers around. summer has been so sweet on da coast.

surf is looking up for the next coupla days......

rog

This just in from Delaware: cooled down a bit. Which means: still fucking hot and humid. Went for a run and even the dog gave up.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

great mtb in Delaware^^^^^^^

best surf in well over a month this am. fuck me I needed that. new mtb comes in today or tomorrow. braaaaap, braaaaaaaaap!!!!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Anyone do anything stoke-worthy over the weekend? I'm about to check into Gimp Central with some stupid self induced IT band issues from obsessively bouldering, so if you have any other snow related flicks from the past few years i'm all about the suggestions.
    I learned that I can't ride a paddleboard in waves.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

also, this showed up on my youtube suggestions. looks cool

a bunch of lymies, but don't hold it against them.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    I learned that I can't ride a paddleboard in waves.
    Ha, ha... classic!

First time always shaky, but do it a little more and you'll be doing handstands...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Summer is sweet on the coast for sure. The lady ran a half marathon in Portland last weekend, so we killed two birds with one stone and towed the cruising boat along. Launched her on the Sheepscot river and spent most of last week exploring. Nice and cool with lots of swimming and taking in the wildlife and scenery. We ate some fried clams too.

Light winds on the Sheepscot.

A lovely gunkhole and our cruising boat tied up for the night.

Beal Island on the Sasanoa. Crazy currents in this area.

One of many sweet sunsets from our island campsite.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Ha, ha... classic!

First time always shaky, but do it a little more and you'll be doing handstands...
    hahaha! the perfect still from that vid!

your feet are too far apart...little closer. jump from knees to standing in one motion and look ahead (down the fall line two turns ahead ) and you'll be cruising in no time.

what bike Rog?

this:

http://2k13.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=unit

an unfair advantage fer sure. buttahs knees and elbows couldn't handle it

stoked to turn myself inside out on it, starting................tomorrow.

rog

Love this:

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    BD- you ever SUP on the Concord River? [/invitingmyself]

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Is it Ullrfest yet? Fuck this season. It's either a total washout or a goddam sauna.

I'm ready for the cold again and it seriously cannot come soon enough.
    Seriously.... Ullrfest could be the most exciting thing in the world to me right now, after smashing some deep tree lines at Magic.

I'm in retard mode, browsing reviews of skis for hours on end. Incredibly epic waste of time. It's amazing how aroused I get just thinking about a new set of boards. Stepped into my boots and clicked into the CRJs and Gots in my bedroom. Supposed to hit 50 tonight... might sleep outside and soak up the refreshment.

I think you guys need to branch out and find other things to amuse yerselves with. summer things. it's everywhere. being stoked for the December WROD, the January thaw, with some pow thrown in here/there must be maddening...........

love summer!!!!

rog

Lows in the 30s at saranac lake. August turns!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    BD- you ever SUP on the Concord River? [/invitingmyself]
    Never SUPed the Concord River, but often canoe and kayak. Water is a little sketchy and I don't own a SUP board, but let me know if you ever want to kayak or canoe.

For some reason, I'm itching to kayak around the Charles in Boston... which I hear is now safe enough to swim in.

Skirotica, you need to master Sit Down Paddling first, then Stand Up...

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Never SUPed the Concord River, but often canoe and kayak. Water is a little sketchy and I don't own a SUP board, but let me know if you ever want to kayak or canoe.

For some reason, I'm itching to kayak around the Charles in Boston... which I hear is now safe enough to swim in.

Skirotica, you need to master Sit Down Paddling first, then Stand Up...

If you decide to go for a dip in the charles, watch out for the dreaded Charles River White Fish

I use to teach sailing on the charles back in the day and would see those things go floating by all the time. What kind of grimy person is throwing their rubbers into the river?

I think Rogs' new bike makes my knees hurt, I also need to get to the Maine coast this fall and eat some tasty clams.

The sup caption contest seems to be going well so far , I'll have to put some thought into it.

I guess DoWork worked some magic and it felt like fall on last nights ride. 55` and barely broke a sweat, I imagine all of the riding in teh muggies helped.
    Backyard ride was great except that the pussy riders are out again and tore out a hole in a rock wall crossing that has been a completely doable challenge for 16 years. The worst part of it is they created a channel too narrow to pedal through without clipping your feat so I ad to get off. People deteching the trails is one of the reasons I stopped building trails , if you can't ride it, learn or go away.[/endrant]

Backyard last night

Name:	P1040514.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	139719

Name:	P1040515.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	139720
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Wow, what a morning - even got into the mid 40°s here in the banana belt, where it sure as hell has felt hotter than evah this summer (when it hasn't been raining !)

So here's a bit of to celebrate the cold
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.