Page 37 of 419 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Skiing? What's that? After last season I just started assuming that it mountain biking season year round except for a few days when inconveniently and I'm forced to go ski.
    new england, all sports in winter some fabulous days high george were had last season. that dutchess/dodges/hillmans untracked boot top pow no one around march day comes to mind often.

....and I can't do Sunday morning, but I could do Sunday afternoon. You still off Monday? I'm free pretty much all day Monday. Willowdale or HP rip maybe?
    free monday, but have u seen the forecast? i'll either schuss'ing pow W VA style or batting my rental properties hatches down on da cape.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    free monday, but have u seen the forecast? i'll either schuss'ing pow W VA style or batting my rental properties hatches down on da cape.

rog
    Hahaha.... yeah, despite just reading the last 3 pages of discussion about that storm I completely spaced out about it when I wrote that response.

So who IS going down WVA way? And when is everyone thinking considering the latest models? Mon/Tues? Later in the week?

Just got back from a short MTB jaunt in the woods... Perfect day!

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    So who IS going down WVA way? And when is everyone thinking considering the latest models? Mon/Tues? Later in the week?
    me maybe. things would have to trend a bit colder and precip in copius amounts. def best to ski it while it's coming down. get there sunday as the drive over storm mountain is fucking retarded during a storm. trust me i've done it. getting there after the storm may be a wet glopfest waste of time imo.

unreal. leaving work 4 hours early to ride to the gals house in maine. t-shirt weather, LOVE IT!

rog

Will be watching and listening down this way abotu the snow and where it might fall....could be down for a trip somewhere and alittle hooky from school.......hope that all has a great weekend and be safe.........
    always forward but never straight

It is one of 4 options = decision when it gets closer and variation between model runs is minimized.

1) Ontario : Mattawa-Huntsville area: 3 hours away
    2) WNY
    3) SWPA
    4) WVA

I have Monday-Tuesday off. I could possibly move by one day. It's my youngest daughter's bday party on Saturday, so close to next weekend is a no-go for me. Plus, real busy at work with deliverable drop dead date coming fast.

Who knows, maybe someone will spin next weekend in that area. Once they clean, as Wildcat did. I remember Wildcat opening after Wilma. Best Eastern lift-served opening day ever!!! Kmart also opened on the following day.

Wildcat NH, October 28-29, 2005
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2005/...er-28-29-2005/
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

watching and waiting, its got to be pretty damn good for me to leave the Albany area and drive to get to the snow
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I have a stress fracture in my fibula. Therefore I selfishly hope this does not pan out for wv, west pa. I'm sorry

So just moved my last day at this job from next Wed to Tues. I'll be looking for adventure Wed onward. Looking at current forecasts for the Snowshoe WV area, snow could continue through Wed night.

We shall see.

forecast for davis @ 2000 feet. canaan valley (base of mountains) sits at 3300 feet, a few degrees colder maybe.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-79.4665

tuesday

rog

^^^^Davis is actually at 3200 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    ^^^^Davis is actually at 3200 ft.
    doh! my bad. guess that forecast is from the airport somewhere? thanx for the correction wolfy!

mmmm, wednesday is the day maybe......

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    doh! my bad. guess that forecast is from the airport somewhere? thanx for the correction wolfy!

mmmm, wednesday is the day maybe......

rog
    Passed the initial mention to the wifey . . .

And for a bonus, Halloween trick or treat got moved to Sunday night to avoid the need for scuba gear and dodging falling tree limbs. Smart move for the kiddies.

Turns in October? In W VA? Moonshine?! FKNA!

Looking good . . . ? Copious amounts of snow please . . .
    The Passion is in the Risk

How far are some of you guys willing to drive for this if say 2-3 feet do fall in wv?

Looking at current forecasts for the Snowshoe WV area, snow could continue through Wed night. We shall see.
    spent several years in west virginia... chasing ladies, pulling tubes, killing beers, fishing, playing futbol, making treks to snowshoe or canaan when the snow fell, and oh yea, taking classes. many good times. hope it falls as predicted for y'all. not as far as you think. two guys on my team lived in toronto and could make it in under 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    How far are some of you guys willing to drive for this if say 2-3 feet do fall in wv?
    i have driven 14 hours from north conway nh to canaan to hit up a 2 foot storm over 2 days (stayed 4 days) that came on the heels of a 3 week 90" storm cycle there. a settled 4 foot base with new pow and daily high temps in the teens did not suck one bit!

that said, it'd have to do somethin really special for me to wanna drive all that way for october snow on ground touched by 77 degree temps today.

what's this storm gonna do?????????

rog

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    spent several years in west virginia... chasing ladies, pulling tubes, killing beers, fishing, playing futbol, making treks to snowshoe or canaan when the snow fell, and oh yea, taking classes. many good times. hope it falls as predicted for y'all. not as far as you think. two guys on my team lived in toronto and could make it in under 6 hours.
    THis is what I got googling WV chicks

Whacha think of those ^ tits ,Butta?

As rog says, long drive for warm ground snow, but def. has bragging rights involved along with memories. Ahhhh memories...................

Get After It !
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Wow , what a shitty day,65` and sunny end-o-October. Guess the riding won't suck.

Surface Whore lining up on teh "guide stone"

Faack they's everwear

Totally awesome riding today, leaves down, sunny and warm, black flies swarming[no shit] and only 2 lady runners and a dude [around 240lbs] riding out on a flat.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    THis is what I got googling WV chicks

^^ well played. but was referring to chicks around morgantown... not the outskirts of wheeling but to say i didn't see some of those on occasion would be untruthful. good comedy.

Well shit, if we're talking WV chicks, I'm just gonna leave this here.

go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

holy shit, thats what a guide stone is?
    that IS stoopid.
    heading to Burke in a couple of hrs.
    Darling Hill, woot woot.

those tit's look too big and pasty for my taste.
    i like b/c cup with nice nips!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Looks to still be on for a VERY WET and VERY HEAVY snow in WV. Mon/tues is too early. Id wait until later in the week when things calm down a bit. Might be hard getting around in the heart of the storm tues/weds.

no matter what, There won't be any pow down there. Just glop. Lots of it. So no need to nail timing and get pow IMO. Of course I might be wrong. Up way high around 5k+ funny stuff happens. Maybe it snows straigh blower. Doubt it but idk.

Vt now looks to maybe get a nice orographic event at the end. Hard to tell... But at this time I like the way it looks.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    Vt now looks to maybe get a nice orographic event at the end. Hard to tell... But at this time I like the way it looks.

End of the storm, like, Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    End of the storm, like, Friday night?
    I think it could actually fire a little sooner. But it's tenuous at this point. All depends on how Sandy exits stage left.

Hey Worth Skis folks:any tips about where I could get some stickers between Stowe/Waterbury/BTV? Is OGE likely to have them?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Wow , what a shitty day,65` and sunny end-o-October. Guess the riding won't suck.

Surface Whore lining up on teh "guide stone"

Faack they's everwear

Totally awesome riding today, leaves down, sunny and warm, black flies swarming[no shit] and only 2 lady runners and a dude [around 240lbs] riding out on a flat.

Glad you're enjoying the beginner trails. Looks like they are perfect for your skill level. I know it may seem difficult for folks at your level to grasp this concept, but try looking at the 30-50 inch wide, completely buffed and devoid of any bumps or roots trail that you are supposed to be riding on, and not the small stone places on the edge of the prepared riding surface. Your beginner friend and you really need a lesson in "look where you want to go." Riding around starring at what you front tire is about to bang into really isn't ideal form. Keep working at it. You are old. But I have confidence that even "Angry Allen" can learn a new trick or two. On the up side, Norwich is done are riding great. Come on over for a tour, not a guide stone is sight. Even some small jumps for you to cut your teeth on. I would love to give you a tour. Also, looks like a soaker coming in. Got a loaner boat. Let it rain!