Page 231 of 419 FirstFirst ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 10468
    Quote Originally Posted by brizz View Post
    the runs on mansfield were great this morning. Last few runs of the morning session we did some poking around in the woods and no real issues up high but another half foot would be good down lower.
    watched two dudes who almost come to blows over 1st or 2nd chair, wtf
    Just another day at Stowe. Hate the vibe up there - met some serious a-holes! The biggest ones always seem to be from Stowe. But love your bc.
    The Passion is in the Risk

been to stowe a few times and met some cool folks for sure.. but not like smuggs where you meet a guy on the lift and then he proceeds to show you stash after stash after stash...!

storm lookin' great all around.. Ullr providing the goods... FCKN A!

Covering PTT...

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Anyone gonna be around Waaaachusett tonight? Should be good fun.

Just got in from the local hill (its 9 minutes door-to-lifts) here in the Greater Toronto Area. That's right, bitches, 240' of pure pleasure!!

Anyway great morning - 8-10", nobody there save for a few park rats, and lap after lap on our own private runs. People starting to show up at 11 so we left, plus I'm "working from home" today so I gotta at least get something done.

Tried to take a photo for you guys, but all I got was a dreaded "Change the battery pack" message. Oh well!

Still puking here - and historically whatever I get, you all get. So hunker down boys, this storm delivers!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!

not nuff to ski round seacoast way yet so decided to go for a surf instead. was much better than expected and clean in the protection of nubble.

wonder if i'll be working tomorrow. if not,, may have to head north.

get sum y'all!!!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Just got in from the local hill (its 9 minutes door-to-lifts) here in the Greater Toronto Area. That's right, bitches, 240' of pure pleasure!!

Anyway great morning - 8-10", nobody there save for a few park rats, and lap after lap on our own private runs. People starting to show up at 11 so we left, plus I'm "working from home" today so I gotta at least get something done.

Tried to take a photo for you guys, but all I got was a dreaded "Change the battery pack" message. Oh well!

Still puking here - and historically whatever I get, you all get. So hunker down boys, this storm delivers!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Skiing, in Toronto? You poor SOB. To add insult to injury you're even on the wrong side of the lake for snow... but at least the beer is better there.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Just another day at Stowe. Hate the vibe up there - met some serious a-holes! The biggest ones always seem to be from Stowe. But love your bc.
    I live in Burlington. Don't sell me short.

Low angle woods are skiing nice at the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Hey, just so you know, we're not ALL assholes up here, the locals anyway. When I worked there, guaranteed one or two fights a year in the liftline; total bs!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    but at least the beer is better there.
    Is it 1985 again? We're in the middle of a golden age for beer!

Buttah- what time are you going to the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Skiing, in Toronto? You poor SOB. To add insult to injury you're even on the wrong side of the lake for snow... but at least the beer is better there.
    It is what it is, I guess.

I go west to the mountains, I feel right. I go east to the mountains, I feel right. I go south to the beaches, I feel right. I come home, I feel out of place.

I do have a job that gives me 5 weeks vacation every year and pays well, and a cool wife who understands my need to ski. So don't cry for me Argentina. I take what I can get - makes me appreciate it more I suppose. One day I'll get this all straigtened out, one day...

Oh and I make my own beer! But the beer is nowhere near as good around here as it is in VT - that shit is liquid GOLD! edit: ^^Hah! that guy is what I'm talking about!

Snowing in lake placid now. Can't decide whether to hit the face or drive down to magic
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

^^^ha, I was thinking of leaving and heading up to Magic myself. They just sent a tweet about light snow at the moment. Stowe, Smuggs doesn't look bad.

Stowe Stoke

Here's a little edit from SuperBowl Stowe Weekend. The #waveofjoy that came in Sunday nite certainly did make for a great pow day Monday, check it out here. Hope everyone gets some of Nemo this weekend, of course this storm comes the weekend I head out to Colorado for a week.

Murda

Soo windy at the top of the double. 50+mph
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

Okay, my folks aren't coming out tomorrow cause they don't wanna drive in this. Gonna ski with them on Sunday instead.

Recruited two friends to ski with tomorrow but they're beginners -- will they be able to have a good time at Magic or will it be too challenging for them? They'll be renting gear (1 skis, 1 snowboards). We'd go to Berkshire East if Magic doesn't make sense. I think they're getting a lot of snow too, and I like the mountain, but it's smaller than Magic.

If we do Magic, is it easier to take 30 out of Brattleboro or go further north on 91 to cut over west on 121 or something? No idea how the roads will be tomorrow at 7am…

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
    ^^^ha, I was thinking of leaving and heading up to Magic myself. They just sent a tweet about light snow at the moment. Stowe, Smuggs doesn't look bad.
    What ever you do, don't go to smuggs! Super slow double chairs, huge lines, crappy facilities, too far to drive and no good way to get there and much more snow over at $teaux...that's where I'd go if I were you .

Quote Originally Posted by akahn View Post
    Okay, my folks aren't coming out tomorrow cause they don't wanna drive in this. Gonna ski with them on Sunday instead.

Recruited two friends to ski with tomorrow but they're beginners -- will they be able to have a good time at Magic or will it be too challenging for them? They'll be renting gear (1 skis, 1 snowboards). We'd go to Berkshire East if Magic doesn't make sense. I think they're getting a lot of snow too, and I like the mountain, but it's smaller than Magic.

If we do Magic, is it easier to take 30 out of Brattleboro or go further north on 91 to cut over west on 121 or something? No idea how the roads will be tomorrow at 7am…

Thanks!

Do Magic, BEast is just meh. They'll be fine there, just don't go following tracks or their Pizza will be toast.

Also in shit weather just take 91 to exit 6, take a left onto 11 and drive strait until you see magic on your left. Always the least sketchy way in bad weather. Just don't ever speed in Chester.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by brizz View Post
    watched two dudes who almost come to blows over 1st or 2nd chair, wtf
    Why would two Burton employees try to fight one another?
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Could it be........? A real live......... bottledood sighting?
    I thought that guy just sat around with snippy comments on the computer...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Why would two Burton employees try to fight one another?
    idk, but the word was out around the mountain about the fight. they almost got their passes removed.

the best part is the two guys know each other, ski together, and are kinda buds...

xD
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Do Magic, BEast is just meh. They'll be fine there, just don't go following tracks or their Pizza will be toast.

Also in shit weather just take 91 to exit 6, take a left onto 11 and drive strait until you see magic on your left. Always the least sketchy way in bad weather. Just don't ever speed in Chester.
    Thanks! Hopefully I can meet up with some of y'all and get shown around. I've only skied Magic once and that was a ~3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    idk, but the word was out around the mountain about the fight. they almost got their passes removed.

the best part is the two guys know each other, ski together, and are kinda buds...

xD
    Crazy, I never experienced anything like that in 4 years of riding there. The 1st chair rush was always a bit of a clusterfuck, but it never came to blows.

And for the record, I don't actually know if they were Burton employees.
    No kick turns
    No mercy