Page 128 of 419 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 10468
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I'm sitting five miles from the loaf access road, it's pouring rain on my deck.
    Quick, throw a shot of whiskey at it and chase it away

edit:rocking blue lange boots, russet and cream jacket, yellow goggles ask for change
    Last edited by cat in january; 12-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Looks like Upslope is set to fire:
    NWS:

FCST FOCUS WL SHIFT FROM THE WINDS TO POTENTIAL ACCUMULATING SNOWSHOWERS FOR LATE TONIGHT THRU SAT. WL ISSUE WINTER WX ADVISORY FORNORTHERN DACKS FROM 00Z TONIGHT THRU 06Z SUNDAY FOR 3 TO 6 INCHESOF SNOW. IN ADDITION...WL ISSUE WINTER WX ADVISORY FOR WESTERNSLOPES/GREEN MTNS FOR 12Z SAT THRU 12Z SUNDAY...THINKING 3 TO 7INCHES WITH LOCALIZED 10 INCHES NEAR JAY PEAK/STOWE.

Come on, rog, PTT!

here at Alpental it is mandatory to check in with patrol before uphill travel.
    signage is visible in multiple locations and they are very good at explaining when and where they are bombing.
    many uphill travel routes are on known control runnout locations.
    timing is everything

bob

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    WITH LOCALIZED 10 INCHES NEAR JAY PEAK/STOWE.
    Awesome 123

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    based on my experience skinning both before lifts open for the day and accessing terrain that is "open" but not open, the riv is much more chill about it.if you've done both quite a bit at both hills, correct me if i'm wrong. a snowcat sees you skinning at the riv before dawn? they wave hello, maybe even a thumbs up. the loaf? i always get shit for it, every time. unless i can avoid them. not avoiding buying tickets.

rog
    Never got shit from anyone at the loaf, know others who skin regularly too. Can't speak for the riv.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    here at Alpental it is mandatory to check in with patrol before uphill travel.
    signage is visible in multiple locations and they are very good at explaining when and where they are bombing.
    many uphill travel routes are on known control runnout locations.
    timing is everything

bob
    Can't tell if you're being informative . . . or, an a$$hat

Lets hope things hold up in the north country. It's been pouring all day in these parts......

Tbatt, vibes man. I know how you feel, my gma passed last week. It's a shitty time of year for a loss, hey it's what it is. Now you have something to look fwd!

still planning on heading to saddleback in the morning, with lifts closed todayand 5 inches hopefully a few hours of rain and then back to snow doesnt ruin the fun. If it looks like a tough night , ill save the hour and go to the river. vermont on sunday am. raining hard at 42 in the lakes region right now, was 5 or 6 inches this morning when i went to work in the yard, its almost down to the grass, the wind is still howling.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Looks like I will be driving from Portland to Sugarloaf early tomorrow for the day. May have room for 1 or 2. alternatively if anyone has room for 1 or 2 let me know. Will try to get in Crank's slipstream-man drives fast and skis fast too.
    I can neither confirm nor deny that I drive fast.

Change of plans though, heading to Smuggs to see what we can cook up with the TC cloud.

It will be interesting to see which area makes out better. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Quick, throw a shot of whiskey at it and chase it away

edit:rocking blue lange boots, russet and cream jacket, yellow goggles ask for change
    x2 with that sentiment! Although? . . . it is still early and a little rain then cold will lock in that base tight and then it will really start to dump on top of that = perfect! Going to be good year folks! Get those snorkels ready!
    The Passion is in the Risk

It's snowing on Katahdin!!!!!!
    #HughConwayMatters

Looks like Upslope is set to fire:
    NWS:

FCST FOCUS WL SHIFT FROM THE WINDS TO POTENTIAL ACCUMULATING SNOWSHOWERS FOR LATE TONIGHT THRU SAT. WL ISSUE WINTER WX ADVISORY FORNORTHERN DACKS FROM 00Z TONIGHT THRU 06Z SUNDAY FOR 3 TO 6 INCHESOF SNOW. IN ADDITION...WL ISSUE WINTER WX ADVISORY FOR WESTERNSLOPES/GREEN MTNS FOR 12Z SAT THRU 12Z SUNDAY...THINKING 3 TO 7INCHES WITH LOCALIZED 10 INCHES NEAR JAY PEAK/STOWE.

Come on, rog, PTT!

UPSLOPE BABY!!! My favorite phrase and hope to hear it often! Nice! Wish I could join but locked in down here with family stuff and holiday parties. Get sum!
    The Passion is in the Risk

And it's snowing! The upslope machine is on.

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post

sweet! Heading to MRG in the AM to meet up with PearlJam
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    Sweet! Lets see what the NW slopes can grab

HA- they are spinning M1 from what patrol told me. chilcoot is definitely blown and groomed.

sequoiashan

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Sweet! Lets see what the NW slopes can grab

HA- they are spinning M1 from what patrol told me. chilcoot is definitely blown and groomed.
    All music to my ears...off to the basement for a fresh coat of wax!

Winds of change came in strong at 5:30, in fact strongest of the day at the bob. Now 31.3` and a little fresh new snow has fallen, yea. Rained at least an inch but with a high of 40` the base has held up well with 5" in the yard of super dense snow. Once this freezes it will make a great base over frozen ground. I would look for areas untracked to avoid coral reef, but you all know that.

Go winter.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hellz yeah, see you guys at the hill tomorrow!

FOR 12Z SAT THRU 12Z SUNDAY...THINKING 3 TO 7INCHES WITH LOCALIZED 10 INCHES NEAR JAY PEAK/STOWE.
    So....Sunday at Smuggs could be good?

Stayed snow all day up at the reserve, but power went out around 1. Did a final skin lap and got free vouchers for tomorrow. Holed up in St-Donat now, still light snow but really mild...

Xmas scene in downtown st donat:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356149061.729127.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	128506

For the record, got yelled at for skinning !

Pete and Repete were friends...
    Last edited by the Cock; 12-21-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    #HughConwayMatters

So I'm crashing at Grampa Grunts tonight & ski Jay tomorrow morn. Place is dope.

Hope the fact that i just spent 8h driving in the wrong direction kicks some extra NO2 into the upslope machine for all you goons. So GO GIT SUM!!

On another note, with any luck, by the time I'm back all of vt will be nice and snowy, even my lowly corner in the upper valley.... I hear rumors of a storm around xmas from ne wx works.... here's to hopin
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

30.3` bob mebbe <3/4" dandelion fluff this am. Out shoveling walks and the winds are whipping this am. Eves still dripping and underlayer of snow wet but dense like a snowcone, top frozen and only sink an inch walking on it.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Heading out for dawn patrol from TC's place. Dumping fat flakes even in the valley. Could be good.