Page 83 of 419 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 10468
    thanks for taking pics, man. pretty stoked on the am skin and single ride on the chair before work! good timing running into you. okemo is sick. respect to the snowmakers for not making the wet gloppy snow... that was some of the best manmade pow i've skied.

my new humpbacks are supposed to arrive next week (right weasel?) but those new magic skis specs look sweet. if i had only known...

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Met TWD early this morning at Okemo for first tracks on a rope drop that we had been waiting on. It just keeps getting better, get out and enjoy these condition while they last. Two laps and done. Perfect velvet pow. Bottleman get down to ludlow while it lasts!!!

TWD coming into the home stretch

Patrol joined us in the fun

still grinning on those turns, like a mid season pow day. Wish we could have stayed to keep lapping it.
    Last edited by treewell-dweller; 11-28-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by treewell-dweller View Post
    thanks for taking pics, man. pretty stoked on the am skin and single ride on the chair before work! good timing running into you. okemo is sick. respect to the snowmakers for not making the wet gloppy snow... that was some of the best manmade pow i've skied.

my new humpbacks are supposed to arrive next week (right weasel?) but those new magic skis specs look sweet. if i had only known...

Hump backs will make you a better skier

Yeah the mix of velvet mandmade and 4-7" natural snow over the last few days, with the drying cold temps last night made for awesome turns.

Hump backs will make you a better skier

Yeah the mix of velvet mandmade and 4-7" natural snow over the last few days, with the drying cold temps last night made for awesome turns.
    okemo? wow, who knew??
    i figured pics were from smuggs.
    that home stretch shot looks especially tasty.

very good to see that after slip-sliding through dangerous crowds sat at kmart.

Just cancelled 3 days of 6 at the Mines Madeleines cabin with SEPAQ.

Jan 13/14/15 now have 6/8 spots free. The cabin is fully booked besides those days, so go git sum if you want sum!

Snowing but not sticking in Montreal. Looking to make some first turns friday!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1354132807.112884.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	126567

My EC alpine guide came today, stoked for new adventures!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

We had a meeting at work today.
    Contracts are disappearing and it looks like 1/2 of us are going with it.

uhoh.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post

uhoh.
    We had an email then a meeting from our director. Not as bad as 1/2, but not good news. People are going to be on edge over the Holidays, they should know where they are going to cut in the organisation in the New Year. People that survive might have to compete for their jobs for the existing jobs. Great atmosphere that is going to make here.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Right now though, I'm incredibly stoked on these Magic skis. I hear they levitate, can grant you three wishes and also have a future spin button- you just press it and you automatically do a 1260 to stompage. Hellooooooooo everything everywhere lightweight charger touring monstermasher!
    Also, they make great french fries. Will go well with your bacon.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

uhoh.
    It's official, next Wednesday is my last day.

On a slightly up side, I have credit for air fare to China or equivalent (Japan??) in my name I didn't have to pay for.
    And on the down side (again), I may be selling my 7D, 70-200 f/4, ortovox 3+, vertical FTs, Praxis Mountain Jibs, Karhu Jak BCs, BD Factors, Solly STH12 drivers, and see if my dad wants the iPhone I just ordered yesterday. My "New years resolution" was going to be to start saving my money. Whoops.

(Probably not, but we'll see how long it takes me to get a new job offer.)

Met TWD early this morning at Okemo for first tracks on a rope drop that we had been waiting on. It just keeps getting better, get out and enjoy these conditions. Two laps and done. Perfect velvet pow. Bottleman get down to ludlow while it lasts!!!

still grinning on those turns, like a mid season pow day. Wish we could have stayed to keep lapping it.
    Sweet. Looks like good turns were had. Short window of opportunity (damn work) so the longer drive North was not an option.

Skiing at the Mighty O was shockingly............Great! Amazing how much better it skied than last week. Those boys do good work. A few slick spots but 95% of the turns were soft and grippy.

Will take you up on some of those tickets in the near future D - thanks for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Sweet. Looks like good turns were had. Short window of opportunity (damn work) so the longer drive North was not an option.

Skiing at the Mighty O was shockingly............Great! Amazing how much better it skied than last week. Those boys do good work. A few slick spots but 95% of the turns were soft and grippy.

Will take you up on some of those tickets in the near future D - thanks for the offer.
    from google maps :
    Middlebury to ludlow- 56.8 mi, 1 hour 31 mins

Middlebury to Jeffersonville- 69.9 mi, 1 hour 36 mins

That was a lame excuse, but glad you had fun on the grooooomers

something tells me knowing mrs. bottleman that she would have liked to ski pow

snowing pretty hard right now, thinking tomorrow will be even better, early ups
    Last edited by thin cover; 11-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    Just cancelled 3 days of 6 at the Mines Madeleines cabin with SEPAQ.

Jan 13/14/15 now have 6/8 spots free. The cabin is fully booked besides those days, so go git sum if you want sum!

Snowing but not sticking in Montreal. Looking to make some first turns friday!!
    Is that the week of the BC festival in the chocs? Wish I could get up there to take advantage the open slots, but not gonna happen... The one-day we spent up at the mines last April was all-time. Hoping for a return in the spring...

from google maps :
    Middlebury to ludlow- 56.8 mi, 1 hour 31 mins

Middlebury to Jeffersonville- 69.9 mi, 1 hour 36 mins

That was a lame excuse, but glad you had fun on the grooooomers

something tells me knowing mrs. bottleman that she would have liked to ski pow

snowing pretty hard right now, thinking tomorrow will be even better, early ups
    There are things called highways and others called back roads

It's official, next Wednesday is my last day.

On a slightly up side, I have credit for air fare to China or equivalent (Japan??) in my name I didn't have to pay for.
    Bummer, sucks to lose a job. Really sucks to lose a job you just started. [you didn't bang the cleaning woman on your desk, did you?] Good luck to you getting a new job and to MadPat in keeping his.

ps, guess I should get to OkEmO soon.[/winky]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Time to make Lemonade.

This hour's plan:
    1) work a seasonal job up until Christmas
    2) Hang out with my homies who will be back from school until about new years
    3) Get my refund check and boogie to Utah
    4) ????
    5) Profit. (prophet? get all morman'd up and find 9 wives!? HOLLLAAAA!!)

Next time BM!

Tbatt- there is a certain sense of freedom and proclivity to fuck off after you lose a job, go with it and have some fun for a bit if you can. Sorry to hear about that, I am sure you will land something soon.

New England Weather Works is saying 1-2 " an hour for northern greens tomorrow night and up to 6"+ total. Hopefully it gets more interesting than that but sounds promising.

Vibes to the work-seekers but it can free up time for skiing. In my neck of the woods, winter is just starting to get a grip. The snow-depth-o-meter was indicating that today was a good day for the first ski:

Since I am still waiting for the Worth waxless BC model (hint, hint), I was forced to use my venerable Trak Couloirs:

I unearthed a can of Swix Schuppenspray to serve as "wax of the day." I love the smell of hydrocarbons in the morning.

Turns two, three and four of the season. I'll stop counting now. There is nothing like five inches of fresh on top of a freshly plowed and sanded gravel base. Needless to say, these turns were rather slow-motion. Must get wider skis (hint, hint).

Then my buddy Telemark Dave arrived and we skied some very low-angle hardwoods:

Despite the advanced base prep, the snow was a bit sticky. Here's to a great season ahead!
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Greg, nice pic in Backcountry Mag. Well done, congrats.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

^^ Nice pics. You (or any of you waxless guys) ever try Marquettes or Altais ? Been interested in Marquettes for a while, since I heard of 'em.... Just heard about the Altais - they seem pretty cool. If either were a bit cheaper, I'd just on it right away. but for now...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Tbatt, I feel your pain, I just got the chop yesterday. Good luck mang, might as well enjoy it! I thought phase 2 is ??????!

I'm gonna have 12 weeks to enjoy myself, let the skiing begin. As soon as I get my reimbursement check! My services as an electrician are available if there is any need for them. Sorry for the spam.

Love the Ontario stoke Multiglisse!

Leonard Cohen in MTL last night for Mom's 65th. She last saw him when she was 18! Magical night and still snowing here! -12 C last night too... That should kill any potential bed bugs that might have hopped a ride in my bag from my budget El Salvador trip last week. Nice waves down there Rog! (But yes of course NH is better in some way...)

TWD: I think that Gaspé fest is the following weekend?

Friday Turns: Jay / Smuggs / Sutton ? Who's going out?

Vibes to all job seekers, we got acquired last year and things have been-a-changing. I've made it through the first 3 phases, but next set of "letters" come down Dec 15th..

Magic ticket deal:
    http://local.amazon.com/boston-north..._27111390#deal
    $29 weekend. $19 Friday/Monday/pow day.

^^^Very nice, bought 4.

Any advice from the masses? Killington or Okemo on Saturday (day trip from Boston). Killington offers 2for1, but Slokemo might be less crowded and have better coverage? How much is early season at Slokemo and are there any deals to be had a la 2for1? Will things be too scratchy to even make it worth the drive? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if..?

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Very nice, bought 4.

Any advice from the masses? Killington or Okemo on Saturday (day trip from Boston). Killington offers 2for1, but Slokemo might be less crowded and have better coverage? How much is early season at Slokemo and are there any deals to be had a la 2for1? Will things be too scratchy to even make it worth the drive? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if..?
    In spite of what TC would have you believe Okemo was very, very good yesterday afternoon Not a lot of open terrain but what was available was (relatively) soft and edgeable. Looked like they were trying to open up the area to lookers left of the main summit lift (sorry, don't ski there often enough to know the names).

looks like belleayre is going to open saturday. might head up on sunday with my kid for some first turns- anyone else?
    TOP tunes:

the electric guitar ruined music
    Last edited by lemmycaution; 11-29-2012 at 11:53 AM.