Page 70 of 419 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 10468
    Does this mean page top thing mean that I get to post this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDJW2oK7zw

Can't embed because I was one of the crop of Midd grads who were fun, not smaht.

itsok bman^i'm too dumb too embed too. but i barely graduated hs so that's my excuse. nice ongoing blog youz guys gotz going.

sunny novembah indeed. surfed 12 outta 16 days this month so far. sunneh dayz don't usually mean surf.

may hit da rivah monday for epic manmade round turns all day with beer as a tolerated to help in goin the distance.

should be a nice day.

rogblog

Great early season skiing at Kmart today. Totally bluebird, nice seasonal temperatures. Crowds were getting up there, but at this point they have enough open to where you can get away from both lift lines and the scraped off shiny sections. They were able to make snow throughout the day and it looks like they will be opening Skye Peak tomorrow.

All-in-all, very good use of a twofer to get the legs going again.

it's so nice. pillow lines on left, open pow field right. yehaw
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    There is great terrain off both sides of the spine, too. Easy lapping open woods bowls 10 minutes walk in from the top o' the gap, more remote stuff deeper in. Some steeper terrain off a peak or two. And it's gorgeous. 10-11 was epic in there (well, everywhere, but it was really sweet). Have fun today all, I'm headed off to be an irresponsible, eco-ignorant anthropocentric dunderhead now... ;-)

DVT, come join us if you're bored. Though if my back were better, I'd be boating (are things still running? I'm not keeping up, lest I feel sorry for myself).
    Full time work here in town starting monday. Rivers have barely run at all in a year. Replacing mt shatterd Mystic with another Embudo next week, hopeing for a rainy late fall. Might bump into you in the loaf at the funn end of some of the longer approaches this winter, or maybe a waxless day here on the Paine Massive.

jgb@etree Guest
    What a shocker. A pissing match in the ECRC with DaveVT in the middle of it and icelantic fuckstick trying to interject his $0.02 in a desperate attempt to remain at the center of attention. Only real surprise is that Gpetrics hasn't added his two cents (oops, yes he did!) about the low angle hardwoods. But I do have to give credit where credit is due: I have personally found GP's newer, friendlier attitude to be... well, new and almost friendly. Learning to play nicely with others is a big step. You're getting there. Kudos.

gtfo fatty ass^^^^^^^^^

someone pm this to him pleeze^^^^^^

rog

Good to hear Kmart wasn't bad. Looking forward to the mini in Dec. great day yesterday down in pa....played in a good lax tourny had some beers and back home.....was a niice change from diapers crying and in laws.
    VTF.....hope they get your routes fixed up. High siding sucks. Have been there a few times. You ride in full leathers street? Street legal KTM 450 or 530 would be great for you up there. Two sets of rims street and dirt. U would be happy camper.
    CONGRATS Rog on your new pad. Surf and ski same day would be nice.....

AKOK.....me likey in the pic above......
    Hope all enjoy a great Sunday.....be safe.....
    always forward but never straight

Hey TC, I'm in - put me down for an XL.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    BD, no bar at the Mighty Bowl, but we can hit the fountain soda machine pretty hard. I'd say "knock it down", but then they might come after me for conspiracy to vandalize. ;-)
    Yes... I know, I was trying to be funny... That's the only thing that would improve The Bowl. A nice bar over on the back wall... but like it's been said, they have sucked out 99.9% of the fun from college.

Edit: TC, I'll take an XL as long as you're putting an order together... thx.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

The Bowl, I love that place. I slept in the lot a bunch last winter in my camper. It dumped one night like 8 inches and I slept right through the plowing. I woke up in the AM and they (students I think) had plowed right around me. They dug, by hand, a gap in the pile in front of the rig and even dug a little walkway to the backdoor of the camper. Awesome.
    Last edited by philth; 11-18-2012 at 02:46 PM.

It's gotta be a Long Tee...xlarge

Opening weekend at the Bush. Hope it's okay to put ski stoke in here still.

I complimented him on his fuzzy pink leopard-skin waist pack and he replied, "It really ties the whole outfit together." Can't argue with that.

Mike Murphy. His dad played a big role in the beginnings of MRG and SB. If you take an early morning cabin cat ride this year, sit up front in the cab with him for a lap or two, as he drives. Oh, the stories.

Variable Grinder, but fun. Mid-level training snow, chew slowly.

Chief riding by the ice palace. Good to see the family all healed up and ripping.

Awwww.

Training for AK.

Who knew people still snowboard, right?

New steeze from the skittle mafia?

So good to make turns again. Maybe some corn with the turkey this week?

p.s. Check this video out. It gives fast grass a whole new meaning.
    Last edited by atkinsonvt; 11-18-2012 at 04:06 PM.

The Rivah was fun yesterday-soft snow pushed off to the side of the trail to play in. Top to bottom runs. Better coverage than the tin round up last year. Mid-station has been taken down which indicates the forecasters at SR feel good about the immediate weather future.

BTW very few cans turned in. Too bad as it is always a cheap warmup ski for the season.

It has been 8 1/2 months since I last skied-two days at the end of February last year. Thought I would get more, but my free time lined up with poor conditions. Feels good to be back riding the skis.

nice cat! ya and the riv continues to only charge 39.00.

i may be there tomorrow on the hill by 10-ish, surf depending. may surf from 6-730, then hit the road and ski. we shall see.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post
    Opening weekend at the Bush. Hope it's okay to put ski stoke in here still.

I complimented him on his fuzzy pink leopard-skin waist pack and he replied, "It really ties the whole outfit together." Can't argue with that.

Mike Murphy. His dad played a big role in the beginnings of MRG and SB. If you take an early morning cabin cat ride this year, sit up front in the cab with him for a lap or two, as he drives. Oh, the stories.

Variable Grinder, but fun. Mid-level training snow, chew slowly.

Chief riding by the ice palace. Good to see the family all healed up and ripping.

Awwww.

Training for AK.

Who knew people still snowboard, right?

New steeze from the skittle mafia?

So good to make turns again. Maybe some corn with the turkey this week?

WTF is this? ^^^^

Drama or GTFO! There will be no stoke pictures in this thread!!!!!

it's the flat brim, Expos cap, that does it for me.
    somewhere Andre Dawson, is smiling.
    woot

edit:and how bout this sunny November? makes 'grey stick' way better. the riding this afternoon in the valley was redounk.
    only ran into one hunter, he was cool. i ride bright and loud.
    Last edited by buttahflake; 11-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    it's so nice. pillow lines on left, open pow field right. yehaw
    gross. not flat and mellow enough for my tastes. i'll see you on the GROOMERS and flat hardwoods!

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    What a shocker. A pissing match in the ECRC with DaveVT in the middle of it and icelantic fuckstick trying to interject his $0.02 in a desperate attempt to remain at the center of attention. Only real surprise is that Gpetrics hasn't added his two cents (oops, yes he did!) about the low angle hardwoods. But I do have to give credit where credit is due: I have personally found GP's newer, friendlier attitude to be... well, new and almost friendly. Learning to play nicely with others is a big step. You're getting there. Kudos.
    i'm so glad you approve, oh ye exalted grand poobah of teh roll callz! i can't tell if it's skiing every day and seeing awesome sunrises, or just spending so much time on the icy flat groomers that has made the difference! i feel ALIVE! it's like i'm a new man, but somehow its also like i've never changed. so bizarre.

here is a prized click of a skittle (or two) schussingz an icy groomer (or was it peel-away corn? I can't remember) at dawn for your pleasure. oh so sweet!

Last edited by gpetrics; 11-18-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

I hate skittelz. Bah humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post

Sooo sick!!! Looks like so much fun.. Have to wonder what the people skiing/skinning thought when they saw him coming. good stuff.

>>>>>>

Icy groomers are so in right now....

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Morning to all....Great pic of moughoul and of AKOK fishing......GP congrats on your cover shot, and good to see the dustings and hills covered with snow.....

On weds night NOV 7th at 817 during the snow down here in pa (hope its a sign , snowed on the day i was born) my wife gave birth to our first child, SIERRA GRACE ........She stared out the window and swore she smilled looking at the snow blowing in the lights........wife was a true trooper 18 hours and then a C section.....what an expirence......cant wait til that first flake lands on her little nose.....will get pics up soon....

Ok now back to the stoke........................
    Congrats dude! And *ahem* please allow me to steal a piece of the thunder.

In Oct. Mrs. Skrilla and I welcomed our first kid into the world as well. Harrison weighed in at a monster 9lbs. 12.5oz. Cannot wait to get him off piste in teh snorkel deep gnar. Until then diapers and wipes will have to substitute.

how was kmart?

well the weather was perfect.

they're blowing snow like they have something to prove.

many maggots made appearances

i could ski to my car yesterday ... today i had to click out and walk about 15 feet.

saturday was pretty quiet.

sunday was 5 lifts no waiting.

the soft bumps on skye peak (opened today) were SOFT.

yesterday afternoon one could poach the cascade headwall.

today it was open. last 3 rides up the gondi to hit it one more time.

contentedly exhausted as i type...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	125953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	125954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0214.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	125955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	125956   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0238.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	125957  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	125959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0257.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	125960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	964.9 KB 
ID:	125961  
    Last edited by buckethead; 11-18-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Felt pretty damn good to get back on snow this weekend. Overall it was fun, despite drinking one too many Heady Toppers on Saturday night at Rim Rocks. Holy headache.

Opening weekend Sunday ok, very thin coverage for 2 weeks of snowmaking with guns currently off. Brushed the leafy matter off the MTB and oiled the chain, back to teh pedaling till snow falls from the sky.
    Might make the run to K for the hell of it Wed. as Bucketheads pickys show some good coverage.

29.5` bob

Something soft and mellow for the Train., I still want a Pepsi[winky]

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 11-19-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime