Page 45 of 419 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 10468
    ^^^ Keep up the good work.

Edit for PTT. Another awesome Canadian band you have probably never heard of:

Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 11-02-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Still homeless due to the fucking crane. Slept on an office floor again last night. Sandy bring any snow up north?

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Sandy bring any snow up north?
    ya 60 degrees and snowing like a fucking bastid! try mid november for cold air to stick.

vibes

rog

So, I just saw this over on whitegrass's site and I'm glad to see the EC Steez in action
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    super calm today. the city's infrastructure is fucked though- no idea when tunnels and subways are going to be back online. glad i moved out of my old office in dumbo right below the manhattan bridge, whole neighborhood was under a few feet of water. electrical substation explosions and 1M people without electricity right now but brooklyn made it through better- hardly any rain though, def weird. NJ coast is however totally fucked, think snookie can swim?
    Brooklyn made it threw better. What galaxy are you living in?

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Still homeless due to the fucking crane. Slept on an office floor again last night. Sandy bring any snow up north?
    Now we know where you live, watch out for random knocks on your door.

In ski related news the bush is threatening to commence snowmaking tonight or tomorrow with an eye to opening on 11/22 if weather cooperates.
    Killington to start asap and may reopen as soon as Sunday 11/4.

Possible storm next Week ?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Just got this pic via email from a friend (although he didn't take it).

The main strip along Long Beach Island, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Just got this pic via email from a friend (although he didn't take it).

The main strip along Long Beach Island, NJ

I'm surprised that the power lines seem completely intact.

what's your point? i am living in the galaxy of brooklyn. and thats what i said but spelled right "brooklyn made it through better".
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Brooklyn made it threw better. What galaxy are you living in?
    Last edited by lemmycaution; 11-02-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    In ski related news the bush is threatening to commence snowmaking tonight or tomorrow with an eye to opening on 11/22 if weather cooperates.
    Killington to start asap and may reopen as soon as Sunday 11/4.

Possible storm next Week ?
    hey VT-free! clean thy inbox!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Win Smith wrote:

"Goal for Sugarbush is November 17th. SNowmaking will begin this weekend."

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    what's your point? i am living in the galaxy of brooklyn. and thats what i said but spelled right "brooklyn made it through better".
    Well you should take a look at my end of Brooklyn not your cozy Zone C area.

Whole neighborhoods underwater, buildings destroyed, still no power in a lot of areas.

But I guess we're doing better.

Thanks for the spell check.

Well you should take a look at my end of Brooklyn not your cozy Zone C area.

Whole neighborhoods underwater, buildings destroyed, still no power in a lot of areas.

But I guess we're doing better.

Thanks for the spell check.
    seriously- no disrespect or glossing intended, i have friends in red hook and have been running donations down there myself today and i know that that is not the extent of it in bklyn. it was a general comment and compared to say queens is probably generally true.

Yes sections of Queens got hit hard but mostly on the barrier island (Breezy Point & the Rockaways). Broad Channel inside Jamaica Bay in Queens also got hit hard.

In Brooklyn Sea Gate, Coney Island, Brighton Beach, Manhattan Beach, Sheepshead Bay were hit hard also. Those areas are Zone A & was to be expected. Other areas of Brooklyn that were supposedly in Zone B were also underwater. Gerritsen Beach, Marine Park, Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, Georgetown & Canarsie. Taken together there are a lot more people, homes & business' affected in Brooklyn then there are in Queens. Not to take anything away from anyone affected by the storm. I just got pissed when I read your post claiming that Brooklyn made out better. That is absolutely not true.

Now that I got that out of my system lets get back to EC stoke. There will most likely be skiing in New England this week.
    Last edited by steamboat1; 11-02-2012 at 01:05 PM.

I heard that Killington is opening Sunday. Any word on this?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I heard that Killington is opening Sunday. Any word on this?
    From the horses mouth:

We want to give our guests an update regarding our snowmaking plan and potential opening this weekend.
    Currently, cold temperatures are forecasted to start the evening of Friday, November 2, and continue into early next week. I want to take a moment to explain the difference between the upcoming cold spell and the October 11 cold spell that allowed us to open October 13-14, 2012, after one day of snowmaking.
    First, a brief snowmaking lesson from our Director of Mountain Operations, Jeff Temple:
    In snowmaking, one of the most important terms is “wet bulb.” We typically can’t make snow unless the wet bulb is at 28 degrees or lower. Wikipedia has a very in-depth explanation.
    JEFF HAS A MUCH SIMPLER VERSION:

To calculate wet bulb, we take the ambient outside temperature (what the reading is on the thermometer), and adjust it for humidity. The combination of those two factors gives us a “web bulb” temperature. See the chart below:
    Ambient Temperatures Humidity
    Wet Bulb Snowmaking Ability
    28 100% 28 Mariginal
    28 75% 26 Better (typical early season)
    28 50% 22 Great, mid-winter

Back to our current weather pattern: our weather is forecasting to be in the mid to high 20’s Friday night into Saturday (good), with high humidity (bad). While cars in the Killington area may have ice on their windows, these temps will not be ideal for snowmaking. As everyone knows, the weather changes very quickly in Vermont, and we will know much more once we see the detailed forecast on Friday.
    SO, WHEN WILL KILLINGTON OPEN?

Our goal is to open as quickly as possible. Based on the current forecast, we believe that it will be difficult to open Saturday, November 3. However, there is a chance we will be able to open Sunday, November 4. Weather for Sunday and into early next week is forecasted to improve substantially for snowmaking with lower temperatures and humidity.
    While we want to be careful not to overpromise, we are trying to balance giving you as much information as possible as soon as we can. I wanted to share this with our guests in hopes that it will allow everyone to be “in the loop” so plans can be made accordingly.
    I understand that many of our guests are dealing with more important things in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy than planning a ski weekend. We were truly fortunate to receive an outpouring of support from last year’s Irene storm, and we wish everyone affected by Sandy a safe and speedy recovery.
    Thanks for reading, and we will have further updates on our snowmaking/opening plan as the forecast becomes clearer.
    Thanks,
    Mike

edit:

Friday, November 02, 2012
    Mother Nature dropped one inch of SNOW on the upper mountain Friday.

After reviewing the overnight temperature and humidity levels, we will not be able to make snow Friday night. Our dedicated Mountain Ops Team will have a better idea Saturday morning regarding temperatures and humidity for snowmaking Saturday through Sunday.

At this time, we will not be open on Saturday, November 3. Check back tomorrow morning for more details regarding the possibility of skiing and riding on Sunday, November 4 and be sure to think snow!
    Last edited by steamboat1; 11-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Win Smith wrote:

"Goal for Sugarbush is November 17th. SNowmaking will begin this weekend."
    Welllll the 17th would most likely be with download'n and I am over that. Though I do downwalk to LCR > CRC > Village Run and home. Still ski at Killington andMTB till top>bot.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Today did not suck... I know this is the ECRC but I have no where to post this and you guys feel like la familia now.

Today in the Eastern Sierra

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

WV still in deeep. Get you some!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Game on:
    http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Timberlin...td4020638.html
    I'll be driving down (at least part of the way...) tomorrow (Wednesday) for anyone interested in carpooling, although no skiing until Thursday.
    Probably returning part of the way Saturday, then finishing the drive home Sunday morning.
    Great to meet ya and josh. Safe ride home to you both and everyone else.

Scratched the surface. If you get down this way again give a hollar.

Scottyb
    Last edited by scottyb; 11-02-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Looking out the window this AM.

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

And another one!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	124602
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

This is not as cheap as Magic, but better than $90ish[window price still not published].
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

SOON!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21263_10151164856124401_54690261_n.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	124614

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    WV still in deeep. Get you some!

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for showing us around. That tree zone at the end of the day was unreal, and exactly what I was looking for! Didn't realize you were a mag until afterwards, but should have known when you were on Billy Goats.

Also giant thanks to Crank54 for letting me use his skins when mine quit.

Can't wait until all the pics and video come creeping in from this trip. It was just so damn good haha
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community