Page 204 of 419 FirstFirst ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 10468
    to go with the theme of the newly reborn no BS ECRC. some stoke from yesterday @ Steauxx

nice pic GP, and great to meet you in the parking lot. thanks for the advice, we definitely found some fresh.

3rd lap, Matt blows apart a Naxo. Total failure. So glad this didn't happen in the Chocz

day turned a bit grey, but still super nice views

always make sure to bring back-up gear

cause plastic can snap

Did that blow up just sking the choppy snow on the trail?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

yeah, although most trails were super nice, there was one on Spruce side that was 10-15cm pow on top of ice, Matt was charging and based on the gopro footage, the binding blew apart and then he bailed. Not the other way around

edit: ice, snowmaking crust, not sure what but my worn-out edges wern't holding on it. most all other trails super nice

Quote Originally Posted by SheSkisTrees View Post
    Nice! You're not the only one who likes the idea of uphill hike-to access to the right! Many of our friends have talked about the possibility of that. Definitely want old-school New England narrow, windy trails following the contours of the mountain.
    The hike up to those glades increased with the latest plan . Under the current plan accessing the far right glad would be a 200 vert foot hike at about 1000ft long. The previous plan had the lift going farther up onto Doll Peak. However, it got shortened in the current plan. I think it was because of a wetland area in a flat spot below the main summit. The lift line was shortened by about 300 feet and lost about 50 feet of elevation.
    Overall the terrain in the West Bowl isn't all that steep. The steepest stuff is off the top of the ridge above the lifts. I can see some "unnofficial" hike to terrain being created off the ridge to access those steeps.
    From waht I've heard, don't look for the West Bowl to come online before 2017.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

I love hike to terrain. It keeps so many away...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Just fucking WOW. I cannot believe what is going on at Burke. I am going to have to get up there this year for a visit before the wrecking ball hits Mid Lodge. Learned how to slide on snow there and how to ride a poma.
    I just wish we could get the same kind of gains like Jay Burke and downtown Newport rather than complete focus on the 65 acres Les got in trade from the forest service and the rest of the infrastructure and valley falling apart.
    Many fond memories of the East "Bowl" back in the days before Thiokols and rotary tillers that can smooth the runout rollers.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Foothills of the VT mountain where it never snows
    Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    3rd lap, Matt blows apart a Naxo. Total failure. So glad this didn't happen in the Chocz

cause plastic can snap
    yeah, although most trails were super nice, there was one on Spruce side that was 10-15cm pow on top of ice, Matt was charging and based on the gopro footage, the binding blew apart and then he bailed. Not the other way around

edit: ice, snowmaking crust, not sure what but my worn-out edges wern't holding on it. most all other trails super nice
    We used to have Naxos and that exact same thing happened to my husband's binding. We were skiing during one of the megastorms at Jay, he hit some of the windblown stuff and BLAM! He did the Superman...always a cool effect when you're wearing your patrol jacket, simply for the entertainment factor for everyone around him ...and when he went to click into the binding, he realized it was broken. I was behind him, saw "something" explode before he fell, but didn't realize it was the binding. After that, he was always worried we'd be in the backcountry and have a binding failure, so even though he had a replacement part, we ditched the Naxos and bought Barons. We never did like the Naxos because they had so much play in the toe, but we had planned to ski them until we could justify buying new bindings. That was enough justification for us!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The hike up to those glades increased with the latest plan . Under the current plan accessing the far right glad would be a 200 vert foot hike at about 1000ft long. The previous plan had the lift going farther up onto Doll Peak. However, it got shortened in the current plan. I think it was because of a wetland area in a flat spot below the main summit. The lift line was shortened by about 300 feet and lost about 50 feet of elevation.
    Overall the terrain in the West Bowl isn't all that steep. The steepest stuff is off the top of the ridge above the lifts. I can see some "unnofficial" hike to terrain being created off the ridge to access those steeps.
    We've hiked over that way and know the terrain isn't very steep. It's nice terrain for intermediates, which is what Jay needs. I've heard the 2017 target date, but I hope they realize they really need to add terrain before that. We're already seeing the effects of more skiers on the mountain. Fortunately the new lift on Stateside is already providing much-needed relief to skiers who shouldn't be high on the mountain in the afternoon when it gets icy and they're tired.
    Raise 'em Jay. And remember: Safety Third!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I love hike to terrain. It keeps so many away...
    Many, but not all. I wonder long it will be before lost skiers are being pulled out of the Stevens Mill Slide Rd valley or out of the woods on the north side of North Jay mountain.

Unfortunately you do realize teh lazy slobs will traverse into the gladed area instead of hiking. The top 300' or so would still be nice.
    I wish I had bought that lot backside of the golf course 7 years ago. Oh Well
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Done. And would you be so kind as to return the favor when your gf comes back home from getting her brains fucked out on the yoga retreat that she is teaching in Central America? Actually, you don't need to relay anything from me as I've never met her, but please tell 'K' that Mike from NY said hello & thank you, for a real good time!

Got a phone call from Mike this AM (he's an ECRC lurker that I went to college with) and what he told me will BLOW your pea brain out of your massive skull. I mean talk about a SMALL FUCKING WORLD, and absolutely PERFECT timing. He just got back from staying at the same resort where her surf & yoga retreat is going on this week. Says she's a shitty surfer, so maybe you should teach her a little better! The better news is that he's certainly been teaching HER a few tricks. Says he met her on the beach 3 nights ago watching the surf roll in, and they kinda hit it off. She was talking about her boyfriend whom she loves dearly and recently bought a house with, so my boy kinda backed off figuring he'd get shot down since she was talking about her boyfriend & it sounded serious. Shortly thereafter, the sexually starved 36yo pounced! He says she was on him like white on rice, and she admitted that she needed to be with a real man because her beloved boyfriend is a pencil dicked fuck who can't satisfy her needs sexually. She made it clear that she was just sport fucking so she could get her needs met, and would cozy back up to her bf when she gets back to York (although she did give him her cell # with a Cali area code & told him that she used to live in the Tahoe area, so who knows! Maybe they'll get together again stateside for a fuckfest). They got talking the following day, and eventually it became pretty clear that the 'boyfriend' she was talking about our very own ROG!

So how's it feel to be a cuckolded little fuck? Does she usually make you watch when she needs to get fucked by a real man? I'd offer to help, but I wouldn't touch that diseased slampig with your tiny dick and the entire ECRC pushing.

Btw, Mike says she's a real jo...er..blast to be around. Apparently she's got a pretty tight yoga body (he says a little too much flab on the belly tho), but virtually NO tits and her face is uglier than sin. Sorry if fucking her is like like driving a matchbox car thru the Lincoln Tunnel for someone like you now that Mike's had his way with her. His nickname in college was 'Horse'.
    NICE ZING JGB!!!

some of your facts are incorrect, however. and i have no trouble scraping the sides

this place fucking roolz

rog

well, that explains a lot actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I think that's the most vicious thing I've ever seen posted on a forum....bad karma is off the charts on that one.

Here is my plan
    White areas are exisitng cut trails.
    Green are exisitng on map glades.
    Purple would be future cut trails
    Yellow would be future gladed chutes throughout the East Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Just fucking WOW. I cannot believe what is going on at Burke. I am going to have to get up there this year for a visit before the wrecking ball hits Mid Lodge. Learned how to slide on snow there and how to ride a poma.
    I just wish we could get the same kind of gains like Jay Burke and downtown Newport rather than complete focus on the 65 acres Les got in trade from the forest service and the rest of the infrastructure and valley falling apart.
    Many fond memories of the East "Bowl" back in the days before Thiokols and rotary tillers that can smooth the runout rollers.
    They actually re-rated the East Bowl to Black last year and have been leaving it ungroomed. They have generally only been grooming the runout. The runout also collects the skier traffic from three glades on that side of the mtn.

Many, but not all. I wonder long it will be before lost skiers are being pulled out of the Stevens Mill Slide Rd valley or out of the woods on the north side of North Jay mountain.

Probably not that many, K totally suffers from Newyawkaz disease and the occasional Massholias syndrome flair up too. The NEK is a long ways from the completely entitled idiots the southern NE cities provide, and I like to at least pretend that Canuckistanis are less ignorant than the joey parade and that wouldn't be as much of an issue there.

I'm probably wrong though, I usually am.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

not enough nun fisters in that community

Glad I went back to work this afternoon.

I got teh Vicious. Currently 52.3` windy and rain that started in East Warren at exactly 2:00pm. At 6:00 am we had lost all of the post thaw/freeze snow on the south side and the northerly facing runs are melting fast. High of 58.4` this afternoon. Where's my bike?
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Whoaaaa saw this earlier. Way over the top man even if it is a creative writing piece.
    We all love to pile on Rog, esp when the weather blows and he takes it in good fun but we all know he's an "alright" in real life.
    ok now back to our awesome string of weather....stoke on please!

They actually re-rated the East Bowl to Black last year and have been leaving it ungroomed. They have generally only been grooming the runout. The runout also collects the skier traffic from three glades on that side of the mtn.
    That's nice, it was always the runout that killed.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Unfortunately you do realize teh lazy slobs will traverse into the gladed area instead of hiking. The top 300' or so would still be nice.
    I wish I had bought that lot backside of the golf course 7 years ago. Oh Well
    That is the cool thing about that glade on the far right side. It is separated from the trail by a bit of a saddle at the top and a stream valley farther down which would make a traverse from the trail very difficult.

Also, props to sock_monkey. killer pics.

gotta love how they put the "secret" snowfields in the guide

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    That was me. Thanks for the ride.
    I didn't drive, but i question whether you have a license or not since you NEVER drive.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Nice. Hope the glades are cut like Jay and not over cut. Look forward to skiing there more.
    Jay was not so much cut. It more died or some say may say killed, then was cut.

Add me to that list also.

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    I think that's the most vicious thing I've ever seen posted on a forum....bad karma is off the charts on that one.
    word

thinking a mid-season sacrifice to Ullr is in order

...they are also planning a 2 acre indoor MTB facility
    Hot damn. Ray's style? This is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIORFORGETIT View Post
    thinking a mid-season sacrifice to Ullr is in order
    I say fuck Ullr. Douchebag just repo'd all our snow what left is there??

Praise be to Allah from here on out afaiac.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

not enough nun fisters in that community

I came across this forum while searching for more info on the Burke expansion/development plan, nice to see similar perspectives on the matter ^. Burke is where I learned to ride the glorious tight vermont trees and it would be a great loss if it were not developed in an intelligent way. As a snowboarder who has hiked from the east bowl runout to the willoughby chair countless times, the idea of a lift eliminating that slog makes me feel funny in all the right places. Cheers to making one of the best places in the NEK even better and keeping the joeys away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359586702.646803.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	131586 January was just too warm and too cold. Bring on February and bring on winter.