Page 134 of 419 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 10468
    I hope everyone had a nice Festivus, Christmas, Kwanzza ect.. I love the pre holiday season and the light crowds, I would guess the shitstorm will start today.
    After an excruciating wait of up to 4 minutes on Sunday, Monday/Tues was like mid week country skiing.

Mon, 11 am

Plenty of untracked in play

I wonder what He lost? I bet Butta could guess

Skied Monday with non Mag Tyler [Tyler says hello TC]and his bud Cliff

Went for a walk and found signs o warning

No Moose today, but some nice untracked

Padawan E and I made some sidecountry x-mas turns

Fast fun low angle hardwoods

No sign o warning here, but we did see a moose

Gary [teh weatherman] says "biggest storm to hit the area in two years
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Anybody know where the Snow/Sleet line will be?

"Tuckerman and Huntington Ravines have Moderate avalanche danger today. Natural avalanches are unlikely and human triggered avalanches are possible. We have not begun forecasting for the Lobster Claw, Right Gully, the Lower Snowfields, or Little Headwall in Tuckerman and the Escape Hatch in Huntington due to a general lack of snow in these areas. Forecasting will begin for these areas when conditions warrant although avalanche activity may occur before this point.

This is the first 5 Scale U.S. Danger Rating Advisory of the season. Snow conditions have changed rapidly over the past week and clear skies are finally giving us the first view of the mountain we have had in quite a while. The summit has received 42.2” (107cm) of snow over the past 10 days bringing us back to the normal range for the month. Of this, 6.9” (17.5cm) fell yesterday with a low water content of 5% which was easily moved around in a number of gullies. This has given us some concerns for touchy low density slabs peppered across both Ravines. The rating of Moderate reflects this issue, but it is not a widespread concern or found in slabs of appreciable size. Because of this we are barely in the definition of Moderate and the savvy traveler with avalanche skills shouldn’t have trouble analyzing the terrain for a reasonable route. The low density snow from yesterday will likely be the weak layer for the expected storm bearing down upon us from the south. We will be in a WINTER STORM WARNING beginning tonight and stretching all the way until Friday morning. Heavy snow will begin during the overnight and through tomorrow. The heaviest periods will be during daylight hours on Thursday accumulating in the neighborhood of 12” (30cm) or more. This will be brought in on building winds from the SE and the E. These wind directions won’t cause the level of hazard that a westerly event does, but we should see a significant cross loading problems in our N and S facing gullies. Anticipate an elevated avalanche danger during the storm and potentially afterwards on Friday as wrapping winds should shift to our prevailing NW. This will cause new problems. So….. here we go, winter is fully hunkering in and you’ll be hearing from us every day with a 5 scale danger rating forecast. Hope you had a great holiday and we’ll talk to you tomorrow"

the time is now.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Anybody know where the Snow/Sleet line will be?
    I was just watching the radar loop. While I'm not meterologist, it certainly looks like warm air is getting sucked up pretty aggressively and I would guess some rain might make it up farther north then I am seeing forcast right now. Maybe the fact that it's gonna hit tonight when temps are down will save us from the initial push of warm and moist. Maybe someone with more schooling can give an updated prediction.

The first rule of safety meeting is the safety of the green and implement!

Bump for this sick deepness. Hope to see a lot of that the next few days! Or nothing but the whiteroom!

The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Skied Monday with non Mag Tyler [Tyler says hello TC]and his bud Cliff

Thats great, I havent seen him in a while. Another slave to the uphill, you should link up with him for tours. Sweet shots. things are looking nice in the valley. Looks like everyone is going to get a good helping of fun from the storm. Let the stoke start rolling in!

DVT- lemmings have already descended, West Side lots were full of traffic yesterday.

Heading up to the club house play ground today with TWD and HA. Great day for a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Heading up to the club house play ground today with TWD and HA. Great day for a tour.
    Dude, you should put HA in his board bag and check him in for his flight & then use his ticket to fly out here so we can all tour the shit out of the Eastern Sierra. HA-ha

Have fun today...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Good to see some snow is awaiting us when we get home!! I will be packing up the camper thurs and heading to northern Vt somewhere.

Paging ROG....ROG. Dude we have been in Nicaragua for a couple of weeks and its head high empty barrels all day... every day. I got my ass kicked but this place is Shangri-La for guys like you. Panga Drops is the break....book a trip.

I'll be lurking around Steaux tomorrow - storm day skiing FTW. Crowds should be light, what with having a much-hyped Nor'Easter hit on a holiday week.

My weekend plans are shaping up pretty good.

I might find myself in Huntington, VT Sunday morning looking for a place to ride. It'll be my first time splitboarding and don't know that area well; any suggestions?

Was originally going to keep it simple and do the sherbie since I'm familiar with it, but be nice to go with something closer.

New and improved

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I may try and hit up wachusett for the first time on Friday since the impending birth of my son on Jan 10th has me grounded to within +- an hour from Boston.

Anyone there who wants to show me around? Is it big enough that I need to be shown around??

Looking at the map there appears to be a wooded ridgeline between the two main lifts, but it's labeled 'Old Growth Forest, Obey Signs' I assume that means it's a permanent closure?

No need for guide. Stay out of the woods, you'll lose a limb (full of downed stuff and no cover).

And go early.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Paging ROG....ROG. Dude we have been in Nicaragua for a couple of weeks and its head high empty barrels all day... every day. I got my ass kicked but this place is Shangri-La for guys like you. Panga Drops is the break....book a trip.
    busy time for me lately with the holidays. buying and house and moving into it by feb 1 won't help me with getting on snow much anytime soon. however we just had a quite a cycle of uncrowded overhead waves here in maine, so...........and more coming for friday

glad you scored! would love to go sooner, but march may be the time frame. probably costa rica like last winter.

k and i may be up in mwv for new years eve/day to play on george a bit.

hope it fucking pummel dumps!

rog

Glad to see the EC crew getting some! The grass was still green when I left for UT a couple weeks ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I may try and hit up wachusett for the first time on Friday since the impending birth of my son on Jan 10th has me grounded to within +- an hour from Boston.

Anyone there who wants to show me around? Is it big enough that I need to be shown around??

Looking at the map there appears to be a wooded ridgeline between the two main lifts, but it's labeled 'Old Growth Forest, Obey Signs' I assume that means it's a permanent closure?
    it is tiny, you will know the whole mountain in under an hour. only 2 out of 3 of their trails off the top have a base, this storm will not be enough to open the 3rd. Woods are all officially out of bounds and they do enforce that however there are some decent turns to be had in a few spots if you know where to look.

WHA-BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by National Weather Service
    SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 12
    INCHES IN THE CAPITAL DISTRICT AND SOUTHERN BERKSHIRE COUNTY...
    WITH 8 TO 16 INCHES ELSEWHERE...BUT UP TO 20 INCHES WILL BE
    POSSIBLE IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF THE SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKS...
    SOUTHERN GREENS...AND EASTERN CATSKILLS.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Beyond stoked... Coming up tomorrow for five days at MRG.

Looks like Ullr is going to make it Worth bringing the George's!

Can. Not. Wait.

PS- Thanks to Weasel1 for heading to Florida this week. Beers on me next time. Merry Christmas!
    Excellent. I had the George's out last Thursday at SB when they dropped the rope on paradise. First powder for them and only bottomed out once with no damage. Saturday at mount Ellen was also fun and Monday we ventured into the side country a bit. Got some nice untracked but also found some blow downs lurking with not enough coverage. Enough to make us bail and avoid injury. After tonight it should be fine!

Enjoy the George's. They are fun in the pow, actually they are fun in every condition I have had them out in.

I'll be at Ellen possibly tomorrow and definitely Friday. Worth's with a blueprint graphic and geigerrig pack. Ask for change. Have to stop by the OGE and grab some skins and maybe tour this weekend.

Oh, thanks weasel1, hope it is warms and sunny down there!

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder;

I'll be at Ellen possibly tomorrow and definitely Friday. Worth's with a blueprint graphic and geigerrig pack. Ask for change. Have to stop by the OGE and grab some skins and maybe tour this weekend.

Oh, thanks weasel1, hope it is warms and sunny down there!
    Yes, thank you Weasel. What a guy.... first, he hooks me up with new skis (thanks to you many mags, as well) then makes the snow sacrifice so I can use them on my vacation!

Can you ski MRG tomorrow? I have two 14 yo teenage girls that may not be as core as us mag types.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Can you ski MRG tomorrow? I have two 14 yo teenage girls that may not be as core as us mag types.
    Possibly, if so I will shot you a PM.

Of course you've never seen me ski, I've had my ass kicked by many a 14 yo girl!

This forecast keeps getting better and better - central greens look under the gun upwards of 16" by friday am. Go out and get some!

MAGIC TOMORROW w/ DW and some others, I believe. This will be my first day on skis since 10/30/2011!!

The chances of me hitting a storm this season on a day when I don't have to teach, deliver pizza, go to class, or finish homework, are thin. Gotta get it while I can.

Magic on Friday. Solo snowboarder in orange.
    Stowe Sat-Mon with a small crew. Give a shout.
    Word word.

Quote Originally Posted by arewolfe View Post
    MAGIC TOMORROW w/ DW and some others, I believe. This will be my first day on skis since 10/30/2011!!

The chances of me hitting a storm this season on a day when I don't have to teach, deliver pizza, go to class, or finish homework, are thin. Gotta get it while I can.
    Nice dood! Glad to hear you are still alive! Get some!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Carpet View Post
    No need for guide. Stay out of the woods, you'll lose a limb (full of downed stuff and no cover).

And go early.
    This. However, why not go to Sunapee? More coverage, more vert, still pretty close, and more in the storm track. Just a thought.