Page 118 of 419 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 10468
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post

my buddy at the loaf says gettin better and better. sick!

rog
    Quoted for truth. I can't believe I have never made the trek before - this is a SERIOUS hill with great terrain and lots of it. No pics (I know, I know) but when you're riding high speed lifts and skiing freshies it's tough to stop Suffice it to say this is the best EC lift service day I can recall since St. Patty's 2007. Not saying there have not been better days, I just did not have the chance to enjoy them. Such a thrill to ski fresh pow on totally unfamiliar terrain. No, it's not the BC or High George but Winter's Way and Bubblecuffer are two New England classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Quoted for truth. I can't believe I have never made the trek before - this is a SERIOUS hill with great terrain and lots of it. No pics (I know, I know) but when you're riding high speed lifts and skiing freshies it's tough to stop Suffice it to say this is the best EC lift service day I can recall since St. Patty's 2007. Not saying there have not been better days, I just did not have the chance to enjoy them. Such a thrill to ski fresh pow on totally unfamiliar terrain. No, it's not the BC or High George but Winter's Way and Bubblecuffer are two New England classics.
    but is it a country club? does it have that country club vibe?

in all seriousness, the loaf is one of my favs. i want to go there more often. so jealous of u folks who can make it up there midweek... the loaf is without a doubt in the top tier of EC resorts, and a strong candidate for #1 in my book... only pico really stands to top it. wish it was closer
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

loafin it @430 am from Beverly , any one else there or headed that way?
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Glad you are enjoying it. You need to see the mountain when the upper front face is open and the back snow fields are going.

Just checked the forcast for Friday and Saturday at sugarloaf and there was a word I did not want to recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    Let's let generalized. Not great, but not green where I am.
    aren't you in the bull's eye for friday Pat? let's see some deep pics from the mole-hills!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Glad you are enjoying it. You need to see the mountain when the upper front face is open and the back snow fields are going.

Just checked the forcast for Friday and Saturday at sugarloaf and there was a word I did not want to recognize.
    I'm hoping the change to rain doesn't happen or is relatively quick as forecasted at elevation. 2-3 hrs of rain isn't that bad when it switches back and freezes. I think Friday will be my first day on skis, latest start I can remember. I'm thinking either Jay, Wildcat or Sugarloaf will be the most likely to stay frozen. Anyone skiing friday?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Mountain went to full winter in the last 2 days. Was great to see them dropping all of the ropes and everyone really getting after it. The booter was set up Madonna by 9am. snow depth was 15"-3 feet depending on where you skied. We were skeptical on coming back from Maine, but more then glad that we did. Snow quality was better today and the winds treated smuggs right. Looks like we will get all frozen precip out of this friday event now. Maybe start testing more trees by this weekend.

Lots of photos to pour through, TWD is doing the TR on this one

But here is one of TWD full on storm skiing in VT after full on storm skiing in ME. EC is killing it right now!

Last edited by thin cover; 12-19-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Sick. So jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    but is it a country club? does it have that country club vibe?
    Do country clubs allow telemarketers? Cause I saw a lot of them there. Snowboarders too. (Snowboarders, that's a J O K E, no need to take it seriously - telemarketers, maybe so)

A little "resorty" for this MRG guy but we met tons of nice folks and the overall vibe was great. True, it's no Pico BUT still a nice hill for us pizza french fry types.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Mountain went to full winter in the last 2 days. Was great to see them dropping all of the ropes and everyone really getting after it. The booter was set up Madonna by 9am. snow depth was 15"-3 feet depending on where you skied. We were skeptical on coming back from Maine, but more then glad that we did. Snow quality was better today and the winds treated smuggs right. Looks like we will get all frozen precip out of this friday event now. Maybe start testing more trees by this weekend.

Lots of photos to pour through, TWD is doing the TR on this one

But here is one of TWD full on storm skiing in VT after full on storm skiing in ME. EC is killing it right now!
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by phishstx View Post
    Awesome.

X2, great to see NorVT in play, I'll come visit soon. Wishing for soft holiday turns for all.

^^^^North Vt is on the right path right now thats for sure.

Got a little ambitious with some of the steeper terrain today

I really like this shot. And I think that jacket looks sweet, all black, with just a hint of flash for the camera.

Decided to break out the camera for the last few powder events.
    Here's one of TC from today...

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    I really like this shot. And I think that jacket looks sweet, all black, with just a hint of flash for the camera.
    that jacket is really great, proshell kept me bone dry all day in ME. rhine let me borrow it and i liked everything about it except that it's black. the highlighter yellow zippers steeze is pretty sweet though, i have to admit...

Quote Originally Posted by treewell-dweller View Post
    Decided to break out the camera for the last few powder events.
    Here's one of TC from today...
    Damn TC, you're starting to look like DoWork.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Damn TC, you're starting to look like DoWork.
    Ever been caught in an avalanche? Tree Well? or just hurt up in the EC trees? Yeah, bright colors aid in you being found. Norrona doesnt make them crazy for fashion. Its a genuine safety measure. Not to mention its look rad as fuck in pictures on no vis low light days I do have a more subdued jacket but nothing like pro shell for storm day riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    bubble cuffer ext to bubble cuffer, winter's ext to winter's, gondi ext to gondi, absolute classics and more sustained for longer than an other hill in the ne. nice to get em right off the summit in pow or corn.

only pitch that come close on george is when you push off the summit right down to the runout of ammo, but even that doesn't compare due to the upper 3rd being much lower angle.

glad you approve

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Anybody ridden Willowdale lately? Has the recent turn in the weather killed biking season yet?
    Willowdale dries pretty quickly and the weather next week looks cooperative- cold but dry. I'll be in town and planning to ride next Thu, so if you're still here shoot me a PM.

Ever been caught in an avalanche? Tree Well? or just hurt up in the EC trees? Yeah, bright colors aid in you being found. Norrona doesnt make them crazy for fashion. Its a genuine safety measure.
    lol

Hoping to get first turns of season in Friday. Looks like going to have to play it by ear into Thurs night.

Coming from RI to ?????

some more of the spine-tingling fun that was found on the doc d. exit...

this photo would have been pretty boring without the day-glow.

Great shots for the conditions today TC and TWD. I tried a couple of times to get a decent cell shot and failed miserably...guess I'll just leave the pics to the pros ! Awesome day with big pow caked smiles everywhere on the mountain, nice to see things shape up so considerably in the last 2 days. FIS/Docs were lapped hard today but were still worth it into the early afternoon, hoping for refills in the coming days.

Glad you got some Fussy, as you know its all about getting there early. First turns always are and look the deepest in pics.

TWD on the skin track this morning

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    lol

You seriously that jealous of the pow that you have to come in and Mock? ever tried skiing on the EC?

No one here knows you despite your attempt to get people to believe that, not buttah nor icelantic. My evaluation still stands. You are a bipolar Kook, now with no friends around here.

Since you are such a REAL western/Jackson skier and you have hiked glory like all the penguins have, you should know bright colors in the BC make a difference.

I am sure you are another toothless unemployed wonder back on the EC since you lost your "ski bum" job and are trying to find another way to really go make something of your life. It wont work, I have seen your posts and heard what my "friends", that you know, think about you. Go back to bumping chairs bub, its about all you can handle.

Ever been caught in an avalanche? Tree Well? or just hurt up in the EC trees? Yeah, bright colors aid in you being found. Norrona doesnt make them crazy for fashion. Its a genuine safety measure. Not to mention its look rad as fuck in pictures on no vis low light days I do have a more subdued jacket but nothing like pro shell for storm day riding.
    yes, why yes i have

agreed on the safety factor, but being seen is hardly a good thing when yer up in the fingers with the place to yerself and some group comes along can spot ya in yer brights and just have to join in. i prefer dull earthtones.......or camo

rog