Page 106 of 419 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 10468
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    BD, where're you gonna be skiing? I am deciding which day to ski next week with Brady (on our Georges) before I (gulp) head out to Florida. Maybe that will swing my thinking some.... New George party!
    I'm open to the Bowl or SB... psyched to try the George's and ski with you guys!
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 12-14-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

one of the more amazing sunrises i've seen in a while... and i've seen a lot this year...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    MEASURED IN FEET.....they were the best words ive read in here in ....awhile.....are we going to get a LH update about next week......

PAGING LH PAGING LH....
    werd on the IP-Addresses is to check that evil blog the FabulousInterwebSchussers or whatever it's called (buttah i think maybe knows what it's called...was it Fa****t Internet S***td***s maybe? idk... i can't remember) later tonight
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by Slide of Franz View Post
    ahh i still have some westvleteren 12 from the last time i was in Belgium. rocherfort 10 & st. bernadus abt12 is pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I'm open to the Bowl or SB... psyched to try the George's and ski with ski with you guys!
    Got a few days I need to burn by the end of the year... wed is a no go as I've got a meeting I need to make, but if this all plays out like I hope it does, I'll be either searching for scraps at SB on thurs or earning some fresh turns at the bowl.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Got a few days I need to burn by the end of the year... wed is a no go as I've got a meeting I need to make, but if this all plays out like I hope it does, I'll be either searching for scraps at SB on thurs or earning some fresh turns at the bowl.
    Was up at the Bowl yesterday and it sounded as if they were running the Sheehan lift today accessing the deadly steeps of the Lang. No sign of snowmaking on Ross or Allen and just a couple inches of coverage. Given a foot of smow if would be good to go though... Will likely be up there much of the week. Seems that my boss is looking for me to take much of next week off

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Seems that my boss is looking for me to take much of next week off
    So what you're saying is that H wants to go skiing?
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    So what you're saying is that H wants to go skiing?
    Everyone's a comic

Bump for the fellow early morning crowd! Nice shot. Beautiful.

My sunrise did not look like that. But still a nice one. Always have been an early riser but lately out the door before sunrise and exercise? WTF is that? At least that is what my body said. Took a month to get used to the schedule but now that I am used to the 5 mile run three days a week at 530 am it would be hard to miss a day!

One of these days I will live close enough to take advantage of a pre-dawn skin on a regular basis! Best time of day!

Awesome day! Great stoke share.

Awesome day'
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    MEASURED IN FEET.....they were the best words ive read in here in ....awhile.....are we going to get a LH update about next week......

PAGING LH PAGING LH....

Here is New England Weather Works update. Definitely interested in what LH has to say as well, for VT specifically.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-En...16340155055468

Looking good either way. Rog you need to ski the dark side of the notch! we dont get those crowds up here. Mid week pow is choose your own adventure with no one there. If I head to Maine I am thinking Mt Abram, check out my buddy who is running their marketing this year and always wanted to check it out and its closed still. I can meet you there.

Nice fish Davevt, heading for some chrome to a new spot for me on a north lake trib tomorrow. Too much pressure down in the central area.

Meteor shower was impressive last night, stole this one from NWS face book page

Lynchy- come up anytime if you can get off this coming week.

Heading up for a sunset skin to top of madonna with TWD, we dont get those sunrises on the north side. But preserves our pow better Nice shot Greg.
    Last edited by thin cover; 12-14-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    purty meteor shower. impossible to get photos (for me at least... how do astrophotogs do it?!)

dp time... then work... then PICO... rogblog out
    Wide lens (16mm on full frame is nice), 600/focal length = shutter speed. Wide open and highest iso possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Here is New England Weather Works update. Definitely interested in what LH has to say as well, for VT specifically.

Looking good either way. Rog you need to ski the dark side of the notch! we dont get those crowds up here. Mid week pow is choose your own adventure with no one there. If I head to Maine I am thinking Mt Abram, check out my buddy who is running their marketing this year and always wanted to check it out and its closed still. I can meet you there.

Nice fish Davevt, heading for some chrome to a new spot for me on a north lake trib tomorrow. Too much pressure down in the central area.

Heading up for a sunset skin to top of madonna with TWD, we dont get those sunrises on the north side. But preserves our pow better Nice shot Greg.
    On Grand Isle?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    On Grand Isle?
    There and mill brook in GA.

Clouds moving in, might pick up some afternoon showers it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I'm open to the Bowl or SB... psyched to try the George's and ski with you guys!
    Thinking pre-dawn, pre-work skin up flats at the Bowl Monday a.m., then full day skiing Wed. at SB. Dig?
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Thinking pre-dawn, pre-work skin up flats at the Bowl Monday a.m., then full day skiing Wed. at SB. Dig?
    There are no flats at the Mighty Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    There are no flats at the Mighty Bowl
    Everything is relative Bottle. At the Bowl, 40-degree pitches are the "flats". If you don't need a rope crampons, it's the parking lot....and even then, you still might. I only drive to the bowl in a winch-equipped vehicle. Really, it's best to heli in to your line.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Counsel's take:

"Blending all of this together is tricky. Forecasters all over right now are struggling with exactly how to resolve these somewhat competing solutions. My take? I think 2-6 inches of snow will result from this system when all is said and done through the #ADK and #VT. I think snow will break out Sunday as the warm front moves in and amplify overnight. Sleet and freezing rain will mix in with some plain rain as well as we go into the day Monday. NH looks to do slightly better and stave off some of the warm air intrusion into its air column. I’d expect some of the higher terrain there to end up with 4-7 inches of snow/mixed precip. Maine may be the ultimate winner here as it looks to remain cold enough there for this to be an all snow event. Maine’s issue however will be moisture. If the coastal low develops a little too far east it will cut off the precip to northwestern Maine (or wherever Saddleback and Sunday River are).

Schuss more at: Double Trouble. Two possible winter weather events in N/E : Famous Internet Skiers - Earn Your Turns"

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/...-events-in-ne/

Hope Sunapee gets it, praying I can convince my wife to let me go play...

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    ahem....

STRICTLY verboten

FIFY
    Dude has a copyright. You may be hearing from his lawyers.

I won't be in the hood till Tuesday, so no skin for me. SB sounds like the right call for Wed., given the base... Now it's up to Ullr.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Everything is relative Bottle. At the Bowl, 40-degree pitches are the "flats". If you don't need a rope crampons, it's the parking lot....and even then, you still might. I only drive to the bowl in a winch-equipped vehicle. Really, it's best to heli in to your line.
    Place is a veritable death trap. The blues are like triple blacks anywhere else. Proceed with extreme caution and be sure to bring an ABS pack if you dare to take on the many challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    Counsel's take:

"Blending all of this together is tricky. Forecasters all over right now are struggling with exactly how to resolve these somewhat competing solutions. My take? I think 2-6 inches of snow will result from this system when all is said and done through the #ADK and #VT. I think snow will break out Sunday as the warm front moves in and amplify overnight. Sleet and freezing rain will mix in with some plain rain as well as we go into the day Monday. NH looks to do slightly better and stave off some of the warm air intrusion into its air column. I’d expect some of the higher terrain there to end up with 4-7 inches of snow/mixed precip. Maine may be the ultimate winner here as it looks to remain cold enough there for this to be an all snow event. Maine’s issue however will be moisture. If the coastal low develops a little too far east it will cut off the precip to northwestern Maine (or wherever Saddleback and Sunday River are).

Schuss more at: Double Trouble. Two possible winter weather events in N/E : Famous Internet Skiers - Earn Your Turns"

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/...-events-in-ne/

Hope Sunapee gets it, praying I can convince my wife to let me go play...

Yup NE weather works just put their thoughts up also. Looks they agree and a Sunapee trip could be it.

We had fun there last year at Sunapee
    AKOK getting deep

Fairly warm, feels close to 50 in the sun at smuggs for softer laps..
    Hoping that Sunday and midweek delivers here. Legs are almost rust free.
    Silent....but shredly.

Yup NE weather works just put their thoughts up also. Looks they agree and a Sunapee trip could be it.

We had fun there last year.
    AKOK getting deep
    Marvelous.

We had fun there last year.
    AKOK getting deep
    You head there and I will for sure join! Keep me in the loop!
    The Passion is in the Risk

^^^^ BUT THE JOINTS STILL MAY NEED ALITTLE OIL.......GOOD FOR YOU ON THE TURNS AND HOPE YOUR ENJOYING IT UP AT YOUR CRIB....
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Fairly warm, feels close to 50 in the sun at smuggs for softer laps..
    Hoping that Sunday and midweek delivers here. Legs are almost rust free.
    Sun ? its cloudy and 28 at my house. I am about to head up madonna soon. Sun would be nice. I got your message and the 5 pennies on my truck I had lars at Sir Henry's skiing, never made it to the upper mountain.

LD- you got it.

Here is another of BO slaying it in South NH

http://worthskis.com/gallery_image/page/2/