Page 105 of 419 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 10468
    Are you guys suggesting that there are places to ski that aren't on the trail map? Hmmm...I'll have to ponder that for a bit.

PTT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gorilla-in-deep-thought-thumb421744.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	127886  
    Last edited by Peruvian; 12-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.

[QUOTE=Speedfreak;3842290]Huh, so you're saying SoF is an alias?

AHAHAHAHA! An alias? Are you telling me your momma looked at you and said, "lets call him speedfreak!"? If so, we need to meet cause you are obviously the coolest person on the planet not named Sting. And don't try to tell me that's an alias too! If it turns out that is not your given name then beers are on you.

I'm assuming that the only one around here without an alias is DoWork. As we all know- that is his given name.

JGB- We've ripped it together, but that wasn't me at BLT. Looking forward to some skidrinkin with you very soon. I here Heady's will be in the house late January.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    I'm more of a lover than a fighter, but if anyone feels the need to check the spare on any of my Magic brethren, they're going to have to go thru me 1st.
    Although I think I might know who SoF is...If he's who I'm thinking of, he's good people.

Thanks JGB. Just checked my spare (wow, blast from the past) - all good. As for SoF, I'm sure he's good people whether or not he's a Mag, and a shotski is on me the first time I meet him at the BLT.

Big Daddy - come on down, stashes and beers are waiting.

[Rant] I know some people here, especially noobs (which is what I'm considering SoF until further proof emerges), don't like how aggro some of us get when it is perceived that they've somehow offended this community (or the Magic community for that matter, but that wasn't the point of my original post). I've been around here long enough to have seen some pretty amazing stuff, and met some incredible people from coast to coast that I'm lucky enough to call friends.

I've seen this place give a sick friend the trip of a lifetime; watch him recover; and then pull together and support him, his family, and each other when it was time to say goodbye. I've seen it support its injured brethren both financially and emotionally; comfort maggots and strangers alike when they were hurting and at their most vulnerable; chase down stolen gear; play some gems of practical jokes; put together some awesome indie ski companies; and post more stoke than I ever thought possible. I've been afforded the opportunity to surf couches, get free "local" tours, drink beers, and have two amazing 6000+ mile roadtrips -- all with people who would give you the shirt off their back just because you share a love for sliding down hills. So please forgive me if I don't consider this just an internet forum. For a lot of us that have been a part of this since the "early days," we have an emotional attachment for one or all of the reasons I laid out, and our reactions in defense of this little corner of the interwebz have served and continue to serve a purpose - running the kooks, scammers, and gapers out before this place turns into Epic. If their skin is thick enough, they stick around and become a valuable part of this place -- if not, they fade away or go join Alpinezone. This place obviously isn't normal by any stretch of the imagination, and runs by its own set of rules -- that's what makes it great. If SoF is who everyone says he is, then beers are on me and I'll apologize in person for telling him to find himself in the Alps. If not, he needs to go read the Welcome Wagon...and remember to post first, then smoke crack. [/Rant --> back to the stoke.]
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

I'm not sure if I am who they think I am...

But, I will say I love skiing Magic and I love the community there. I try my best to keep up! If my alias offends anyone from that community, I have no problem switching it up...it's just an alias right!

As far as this place, I've been checking it out for a bit and decided to chime in. JONG status it is I suppose. Let me know where I get my tramp stamp so I can be one of the cool kids!

Freak- Will I be seeing you next Friday at Magic? If so, we'll all buy rounds!

This has been a long week, a death in the family manages to hold things up slightly. I'm looking fwd to attending the mini.

Ml I will be there sat. Most def hungover and I am bringing bacon! Ill be up in the Stratton, yuck, area for my buddy's bachelor party thus weekend. Tomm well be shooting trap in Londonderry if anyone cares to join. Sat a few of us are gonna meet for the mini. Then see if we can even ski on sun.

i love pico. that is all.

carry on.

p.s. nice sob story, freak

rog

Way to sum it up SF. One of my favorite george days was with you and other magic/Teton folk. And now we are friends on facebook!!

Got my son throwing hockey stops today and really turning when I ask. Best stoke of the year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Got my son throwing hockey stops today and really turning when I ask. Best stoke of the year for me.
    awesome!!!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Slide of Franz View Post

I guess now is a good a time as any to see who's celebratin the end of the world at BLP, I'm in and possibly crashing hard. Ryan Montbleau Band should be kickin it pretty good too.

See ya'll there.

Way to sum it up SF. One of my favorite george days was with you and other magic/Teton folk. And now we are friends on facebook!!

That's AWESOME!!! Stoked for you and the little man.

That day was one of my faves too. Lots of fun and lots learned...especially that I'm as slow on the uphill as I am fast on the down, and that I need to eat more bananas, pickle juice, or whatever it is that keeps me from cramping up.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post

p.s. nice sob story, freak

rog
    Ha. Waaaah. Thanks rog.

But, I will say I love skiing Magic and I love the community there. I try my best to keep up! If my alias offends anyone from that community, I have no problem switching it up...it's just an alias right!

As far as this place, I've been checking it out for a bit and decided to chime in. JONG status it is I suppose. Let me know where I get my tramp stamp so I can be one of the cool kids!

No worries dude. I won't be there next Friday (the 21st, right?), so beers will have to wait til New Years-ish, but beers are definitely in our future. Mmmm, heady topper. Oh -- SoF is your handle/username -- on TGR an alias is a second account or alter-ego. Reading this will help ease the transition to this loony bin: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...et-the-Maggots Like I said, welcome to the shitshow!
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Not a second account. I will check out the link though! Thanks for the intro to the shitshow!

I actually think people are assuming I am someone I am not! Oh well! Haven't been up George in about 3 years and I'm not sure I skied up there with anyone on here. Although it is possible!!

Looking forward to meeting a few more of you!

Not a second account. I will check out the link though! Thanks for the intro to the shitshow!

I actually think people are assuming I am someone I am not! Oh well! Haven't been up George in about 3 years and I'm not sure I skied up there with anyone on here. Although it is possible!!

Looking forward to meeting a few more of you!
    Use of more than three exclamation points in a post is VERBOTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Use of more than three exclamation points in a post is VERBOTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ahem....

STRICTLY verboten

FIFY
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

The best! Is it not? Does not get better than that. Fun times! Enjoy.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    The best! Is it not? Does not get better than that. Fun times! Enjoy.
    See, SoF? LD only used TWO exclamation points there....
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

TC good for you and even better for the lil man.
    Speed freak ....well written rant. You speak the truth about this place.
    As for magic... Well all you crazy nuts can by me a beer when I see you looking forward to a deep day at magic.
    always forward but never straight

purty meteor shower. impossible to get photos (for me at least... how do astrophotogs do it?!)

dp time... then work... then PICO... rogblog out
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

^^^^^^^^^^dunno?

looking even better for monday now nh/maine. lil warmer in vt.

mtb time....then work.....then no pico....rogblog out

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^dunno?

looking even better for monday now nh/maine. lil warmer in vt.

mtb time....then work.....then no pico....rogblog out

rog
    Not warmer? Nothing is showing that. Just little less snow maybe since its a coastal track. It's cool we always get more in the end. Upslope is vt's friend.

That's said I might be driving to Maine for this one.

Snow is looking good for all though, sun-wed. Measured in feet it looks like. Pretty excited for mid week pow. The best kind.

Snow is looking good for all though, sun-wed. Measured in feet it looks like. Pretty excited for mid week pow. The best kind.
    Roy's sig should just be: "It's better in ME!"

My timing may be good... Cabin check up Tues, then ski Wed...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Roy's sig should just be: "It's better in ME!"

My timing may be good... Cabin check up Tues, then ski Wed...
    BD, where're you gonna be skiing? I am deciding which day to ski next week with Brady (on our Georges) before I (gulp) head out to Florida. Maybe that will swing my thinking some.... New George party!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Not warmer? Nothing is showing that. Just little less snow maybe since its a coastal track. It's cool we always get more in the end. Upslope is vt's friend.
    you need more snow over there. way more pow hounds in vt. way too many morning skinners over there too. folks haven't discovered skinning in maine or nh yet

That's said I might be driving to Maine for this one.

agreed. mid week skiing is a whole other sport. i'm gonna stick around home sunday/monday, but may try to steal a day off mid week. maybe i'll ski you.

rog

Slow Friday here at school so I'm anxiously awaiting the FIS weather report. I hope I have an excuse to take a sick (powder) day next week.

MEASURED IN FEET.....they were the best words ive read in here in ....awhile.....are we going to get a LH update about next week......

PAGING LH PAGING LH....
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    I want to believe in the East coast. Don't know if I can...

Yea if something don't change quick fuck this place.
    Ski because you live here, don't live here to ski.
    Dude.....out west......*snore*
    It might snow. In the mean time, find other fun shit to do....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YRSBdVrxeQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mainebucksmorning.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	954.0 KB 
ID:	127934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AspenFalls.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	127935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigBow.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	127936  
    Last edited by DaveVt; 12-14-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I