Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    ... And now let's see what they'll do with it
    US distribution.
    bumps are for poor people

Much, much broader.

The new Scott/Garmont rando boot

Hopefully make an DH oriented AT boot that weighs less than 15 lbs

Maybe they'll create a product that can compete with Scarpa and Dynafit for the first time since the early days of the Megaride? Hell, they can't even keep up with BD and Dalbello.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Maybe they'll create a product that can compete with Scarpa and Dynafit for the first time since the early days of the Megaride? Hell, they can't even keep up with BD and Dalbello.
    I guess you are ignoring the Adrenalin and the love it got before BD was even in the boot market?

You have any links to news on this v61? I've tried some of the Swiss papers and can't find anything further and am curious

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    The new Scott/Garmont rando boot

I remember those. They apparently broke at an astonishing rate.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    I guess you are ignoring the Adrenalin and the love it got before BD was even in the boot market?
    Garmont Adrenaline: The weight of a race boot and the performance of a rental boot! Lots of mediocre products are hyped as the next big thing and forgotten quickly. Also, no tech fitting = who cares?

Garmont hasn't made terrible products (well, some), but unlike Scarpa and Dynafit, they haven't created any products that are much better than what was around five years ago.

Scarpa: Mobe, Maestrale, Alien
    Dynafit: Titan, Hoji, TLT5P
    BD: Quadrant, Factor
    Garmont: Delerium, Radium, Masterlite,

Do you see, maybe, a little problem?

ISBD don't forget the Scarpa F1. It's the predecessor for the TLT 5 type boots. It was so far ahead of anything else in terms of a lightweight boot design

Garmont hasn't made a category defining boot since the mega ride
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Do you see, maybe, a little problem?
    If you are arguing that Garmont hasn't done much in the last 5 years (and that's what you are doing), I'll agree with you. If you want to forget about the Adrenalin (oh look, it's the interchangeable soles you fuckers fap about), endorphin, Axon (ohhhh tech fittings in a genuine 4 buckle boot!) which were "burlier boots" when Scarpa had the hunk of shit called the Tornado, Dynafit had floppy POS and BD had... nothing, well, that's my point.

If you are arguing that Garmont hasn't done much in the last 5 years (and that's what you are doing), I'll agree with you. If you want to forget about the Adrenalin (oh look, it's the interchangeable soles you fuckers fap about), endorphin, Axon (ohhhh tech fittings in a genuine 4 buckle boot!) which were "burlier boots" when Scarpa had the hunk of shit called the Tornado, Dynafit had floppy POS and BD had... nothing, well, that's my point.
    Agreed here. Garmont's problem is they never evolved these boots, and instead of a better 2nd gen Adrenalin/Endorphin they gave us the Delirium. They must have had a case of delirium when they dreamed up that. Their Alpine lineup (G1, etc) was actually quite bomber, but never got over here. While its not an A/T boot, when my 1st gen Dobermanns gave up I found the Shaman to be a nice, lighter version of the Dobermann that unlike the Dobermann could actually be used for some light touring. The Shaman is still my go to frontside boot. All their boots seemed to hit an evolutionary dead end.

^^^ Shaman was good (needed a real vibram sole though).
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

You have any links to news on this v61? I've tried some of the Swiss papers and can't find anything further and am curious
    The voice in montebelluna is that garmont has been looking for a strong cash rescue for a while, many in that area (and others from abroad) were considering the acquisition.... And then finally scott pull the trigger... Just in time before a crash.
    For what I can understand, garmont and scott are not releasing yet the full story, maybe they are still considering what to do with the garmont summer collection, which is not negligible.
    Time will tell...

Hugh Conway Guest
    grazie v61

E' un piacere, HC.

@kim:
    Dobermann and G1/shaman were from the same designer (zorzi). Unconfirmed rumor is that he was collaborating with dalbello for the scorpion, and that he's now collaboratng with sportiva in a new project. Other garmont staff btw has joined sportiva this summer.

@pluff:
    I've vibramized some shamans and will vibramize some G2 soon, more to follow around next Ispo or not much later...