Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    It's more the fact that after they switched operations to China they didn't keep the prices down, but instead jacked them up into the stratosphere. I always thought they were expensive 8 years ago, now it's crazy.
    To be fair, everybody knows that to climb really hard routes you have to wear Arc'teryx.

+1 on razor blades, cable tv, smartphone plans, day lift tickets, and bike tires.
    Bike clothing
    Bike tuneups
    Seattle in general, 520 bridge tolls in particular
    Flights to small airports
    Professional/dress clothes
    Contact lense solution
    Gasoline. I don't know what I'm talking about but when can we start running cars on that cheap natural gas from North Dakota?
    Canada

Hugh Conway Guest
    uhhhhh if Seattle is "overpriced" sounds like you are floating in the douche scene and that's a personal problem

Landline phones and long distance plans (yes, these still exist, and there's a reason younger people aren't buying)

T-1 Data connections
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

anything solar-powered or "green" if they want everybody to use that shit, they should make it affordable

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Landline phones and long distance plans (yes, these still exist, and there's a reason younger people aren't buying)

T-1 Data connections
    It even worse if it's a business land line, almost jacked up twice as much.

If I could get my 85-year-old father-in-law to call us on our cells that landline would be gone in a heartbeat. It's just a phone for him and the telemarketers at this point.

Olympus lens hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If I could get my 85-year-old father-in-law to call us on our cells that landline would be gone in a heartbeat. It's just a phone for him and the telemarketers at this point.
    Replace 85 yo father-in-law with 90+ yo grandfather, and that's me. 20% in taxes on that stupid phone here in WA.

Beer at a ski lodge.

Tickets to professional sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Just curious. All you bitching about Arc'teryx moving to China. Where are your precious lightweight skis made?
    Austria.

Running and cycling events and races

Whole Foods and The Fresh Market.

Yet I keep going back.
    I still call it The Jake.

Just curious. All you bitching about Arc'teryx moving to China. Where are your precious lightweight skis made?
    Nevada (I think.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    uhhhhh if Seattle is "overpriced" sounds like you are floating in the douche scene and that's a personal problem
    Seriously. Seattle is cheap compared to SF or NYC

Reno, Portland, Truckee, and some town in Spain.

Everything on this island

Westerbeke wanted $347.99 for a cylinder head gasket for a four-cylinder sailboat diesel engine.

I scoured the internet for parts based upon the original land-vehicle based engine (originally made by Leyland in England for farm tractors and taxicabs...Westerbeke simply shipped the engines to the USA and marinized them for boats and added whopping amounts of $$$$ to their price!!), and tracked down a head gasket for the same engine (same exact gasket) in England for $7.50 plus $20 dollars international shipping.

Total price: $27.50 for the same gasket that Westerbeke was listing for $347.99.

I called up westerbeke to ask them about this...talked to one of the head engineers...he had no comment.

High seas piracy!!!!!

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    Everything on this island
    QF (the Absolute Mother Fucking) T

add 40% to Everything you buy, that's what's "normal" here

heirloom tomatoes at the local coop

$5.99/lb = about $5.00/tomato

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Westerbeke wanted $347.99 for a cylinder head gasket for a four-cylinder sailboat diesel engine.

I scoured the internet for parts based upon the original land-vehicle based engine (originally made by Leyland in England for farm tractors and taxicabs...Westerbeke simply shipped the engines to the USA and marinized them for boats and added whopping amounts of $$$$ to their price!!), and tracked down a head gasket for the same engine (same exact gasket) in England for $7.50 plus $20 dollars international shipping.

Total price: $27.50 for the same gasket that Westerbeke was listing for $347.99.

I called up westerbeke to ask them about this...talked to one of the head engineers...he had no comment.

High seas piracy!!!!!

--
    You mind pm'ing the exact engine make of both the Westerbeke and the Leyland? I sense a business opportunity here...
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post

So Move

I'll add Diamonds and Gold to the list. I guess they should be categorized with anything that has value because it makes you look pretty.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post

That's about normal here too but I'm only a few miles from America. I paid $4.89 yesterday for gas, the refineries are less than 10 miles away but they send that fuel south.

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    Bike clothing
    It's incredible that a I can get a polypro t-shirt to ride in for $15. Take that same poly pro t-shirt, make it tighter, add elastic and a zipper, call it a bike jersey, charge $75 for it.