Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    What's the story with AT boots? Has anyone had a chance to shove them in yet to see if all is well?

I am wondering the same thing
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Has anyone tried bending the brakes on these yet? Wondering if the 100mm brakes could be made to work on a pair of 111mm waisted skis.

^^^I bent the brakes on a pair of prototypes last season and was happy to find the arms popped out almost as easy as any other solly.
    Bent nice and easy as well,you should have no problem..
    You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing

Just read page 2... did Salomon seriously release a touring binding that's not compatible with the ever widening variety of touring boots? C'mon guys.

I'm glad they went the alpine boot approach. It makes sense with what its designed for.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

^^^ slackcountry skinning and bootpacking in alpine boots?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I wonder how many bindings will go insta-tele when the ski Hyperflexes?

^^^^Watched my sister go auto-tele in her Fristchis in the Bolton backcountry season before last. She was cursing them like a sailor after the second time. Funny, she has skied them for several years, and that was the first time it had happened to her. Hyper-flex caused it, not errant tails. Makes me wonder whether the Adrenaline will suffer the same issue. I hope not, as I will be on some this year.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by slobmonster View Post
    Just read page 2... did Salomon seriously release a touring binding that's not compatible with the ever widening variety of touring boots? C'mon guys.
    It has an adjustable toe height. I would think that it should accomodate for non-rocker sole AT boots. But it would be nice to know if people have tried it.
    Last edited by Bird Blaster; 10-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.

So all in all, a heavier duke that doesn't accept AT boots. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Went with the Atomic Tracker.

So... if you buy AT boots because they're nice and light, why would you want to click them into such a heavy binding anyway? That's probably what Salomon / Atomic figured. But maybe there's more demand than I realize for that combo and I'm way off base here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    So all in all, a heavier duke that doesn't accept AT boots. Brilliant, just brilliant.
    But.... BUTTT ... they are BRIGHT BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    It has an adjustable toe height. I would think that it should accomodate for non-rocker sole AT boots. But it would be nice to know if people have tried it.
    Trackers showed up yesterday (Thanks, TheDon!), tried both my vibramed plug boots and a pair of Titans with the AT soles on. Both worked fine as far as I could tell. That being said though, it seems that there is no mention of AT boots in the literature that comes with the bindings. I'm assuming this is like running AT boots in 916's, can be done, but definately not recommended. Fuck it, I'll be skiing mine with some kind of walking sole for sure, otherwise what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Trackers showed up yesterday (Thanks, TheDon!), tried both my vibramed plug boots and a pair of Titans with the AT soles on. Both worked fine as far as I could tell. That being said though, it seems that there is no mention of AT boots in the literature that comes with the bindings. I'm assuming this is like running AT boots in 916's, can be done, but definately not recommended. Fuck it, I'll be skiing mine with some kind of walking sole for sure, otherwise what is the point?
    I did some more looking. It looks like the non-rockered AT boots like titans will work just fine but aren't "recommended" by the Salomon/Atomic reps. So yeah, same as STH models

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    I did some more looking. It looks like the non-rockered AT boots like titans will work just fine but aren't "recommended" by the Salomon/Atomic reps. So yeah, same as STH models
    the salomon driver toe has enough adjustment so that *some* rockered AT boots can pass the toque test in it... my UNDERSTANDING (i.e. i have not tested it myself, only what i have been told by the salomon sales rep), is that the same AT boot would fail the torque test in a guardian.

common, someone here has to have a guardian, a maestrale or titan and a vermont tester... test that buddy and clear this up once and for all!
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    the salomon driver toe has enough adjustment so that *some* rockered AT boots can pass the toque test in it... my UNDERSTANDING (i.e. i have not tested it myself, only what i have been told by the salomon sales rep), is that the same AT boot would fail the torque test in a guardian.

common, someone here has to have a guardian, a maestrale or titan and a vermont tester... test that buddy and clear this up once and for all!
    I'd be all over testing this combo, but don't have the planks that I'm gonna mount the trackers on yet. If no one gets this done by the time I have these mounted (looking for 190 Bibby Pro's just like everyone else ), I will try to get r' done and post results.

Was considering Guardians but sounds like my Garmont Deliriums with the rockered vibram sole may not be ideal...could get the alpine DIN sole for the boots, but really like the rockered vibram for hiking and even just walking around the base area. Wish Salomon would have considered this...
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

I've skied them in titans with the rockered at sole. Seemed ok but I didn't have any issues where I would've had a ski come off. I will say the I ski rockered at sole in nearly all salomon bindings so ymmv.

This might be more of a rep question, and i dont know enough about rockered AT soles / how many aspects of the bindings need to be customized but, Has anyone else seen that the AFD plates on these are easy to replace (2 philips screw from underneath). If solly were to make it, could it be swapped for an alt. AT AFD? Or is there more to it? i havent studied the shape of many plates, but the shape of this stock AFD is pretty rounded, or convexed, opposite of rocker and tapers a mm or so down towards the ski/toe piece, not sure if that's of any significance.

With all this talk about AT boots and soles whats the word with the new WRT (or WTR or whatever, its says it on the toe piece of the guardians) standard thats supposed to come out next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    Texas is better than Hell? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Hell, but it would be hard to imagine it being worse than Texas.

Was wondering what that's about too, other than more meaningless acronymism

Quote Originally Posted by Wired2theT View Post
    With all this talk about AT boots and soles whats the word with the new WRT (or WTR or whatever, its says it on the toe piece of the guardians) standard thats supposed to come out next year.
    it is a new DIN standard for vibram soles. as of now, only salomon/atomic is using it, though they are pushing everyone else to join in, and claiming its "the new standard", though that remains to be seen. allegedly lange/rossi will jump in too, as they are supposedly licensing the guardian binding for next season.

for those that are curious:

WTR = walk to ride, and refers to the "new" din standard for alpine/at bindings/boots
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Can the small Guardian/Tracker be pushed beyond 320mm bsl?

asking for a friend