Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Teeny, huh? It's a 2009 Small DHR. The round tube frame just before the DW link frame. You should be able to find one at a decent price these days.

Reign X's make pretty good DH bikes. Go Ride has an Extra small on sale for 1600 right now:

http://www.go-ride.com/product/giant-reign-x1-1497.htm
    Keep it unclipped

Well, I imagine I'm a little late on this, but thanks to all for the help and suggestions in here. My gf ultimately tracked down a 2008 small DHR (round-tube) frame on pink bike and got it for a pretty good price. Much to our shock, when it arrived we discovered it had never been ridden! Or if it has, it was never ridden with anything resembling haste, as there are absolutely no scratches or wear spots anywhere.

She found an air-sprung Boxxer to go with it, so I'm cautiously optimistic that it will end up being a reasonable weight for her. Anyway, she has been slowly picking up parts and I think this weekend we will finally get to start building it up. I thought that would happen a month or so ago, but the build was delayed by a back-ordered crankset and then a lost-in-shipping set of parts from Chain Reaction that miraculously arrived yesterday, a full MONTH after they shipped it. No idea what happened there, Chain Reaction is usually super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    Well, I imagine I'm a little late on this, but thanks to all for the help and suggestions in here. My gf ultimately tracked down a 2008 small DHR (round-tube) frame on pink bike and got it for a pretty good price. Much to our shock, when it arrived we discovered it had never been ridden! Or if it has, it was never ridden with anything resembling haste, as there are absolutely no scratches or wear spots anywhere.

She found an air-sprung Boxxer to go with it, so I'm cautiously optimistic that it will end up being a reasonable weight for her. Anyway, she has been slowly picking up parts and I think this weekend we will finally get to start building it up. I thought that would happen a month or so ago, but the build was delayed by a back-ordered crankset and then a lost-in-shipping set of parts from Chain Reaction that miraculously arrived yesterday, a full MONTH after they shipped it. No idea what happened there, Chain Reaction is usually super fast.
    nice. she will LOVE it. i still love mine. word of advice? go buy a grease gun right this second and keep those zerts constantly full of fresh grease, and clean the pivots after every ride. grease, ride, clean, repeat. every single time. if you do, she will be happy for a long time. if not...proceed at your own risk.

also, get the lowest stack headset you can find, and buy her some flat bars, and possibly even the canfield drop stem. finally, do not buy her a heavy DH crankset. good 'ol XTs should work fine.

/unsolicited advice. she's gonna love that little bike. i love mine to death. enjoy!

^SLX crankset is light in both weight and price.

Apparently this would be my yearly update! She is definitely digging the DHR. Was up at Mtn Creek last weekend and she did a women's camp. Prior to this, I have never seen either of her wheels intentionally leave the ground. Now, we get this:

Yay!