FS- Line Mothership 185 $150 + shipping, Salomon 900s 14 DIN bindings $20

**EDIT** NO LONGER FOR SALE. SORRY, SEE MY POST AT THE BOTTOM OF THREAD.

The skis are bomber. I tried, and could not hurt them. I believe there's a review on this site describing carving (yeah, they actually carve really well for being fucking monsters) on these beasts as a feeling equivocal to using a hot sharp blade to slice a kitten's throat. Not sure who said it, but that quote stuck with me while skiing these things.

But you're not looking at the Motherships because you like to carve. You're the best fucking skier on the mountain and need a strong stable ski to charge hard, and this is that ski.

Skis used, bases still good, top sheets are nicked up near the bindings, tip of one ski de-lamed last season, Gorilla Glue epoxy held it together through 20 more days on the hill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0771.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	120667

Name:	IMG_0772.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	120669

Name:	IMG_0773.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	120670

Name:	IMG_0774.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	120672

Name:	IMG_0775.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	120673

Name:	IMG_0776.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	988.9 KB 
ID:	120674

Name:	IMG_0777.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	120675
    Last edited by Tips^Up; 09-17-2012 at 02:52 PM.

that is a stupid price.

if i didn't have a RC112 to unwrap (it showed up on my doorstep today); i would say yes.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I have to agree that this deal is ridiculous. These skis could be beat to crap with 5 coreshots and it'd still be a steal.

I live on the beast coast and rarely ski anything but ice or crud, and i can attest that these handle like a wide GS ski on hardpack and then float right on up over any chunder or soft stuff. These skis reinforced my need to search for chopped up snow to see how fast I could hit it and ski out.

Make sure to de-tune back to where the early rise ends or you'll be hooking hard.

well you did win them right?

In any case, it is a great deal and good on ya for passing on the love!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

I did originally win these on a giveaway on this site from sierraski.com. That's why I'm OK parting for such a great price. I'm not that big (5'8", 155lbs) and unfortunately not charging like I was a few years ago. If you don't ski this ski, it skis you, so I'm looking for something different for in-bounds (180ish, 90-100ish under foot, lighter weight for bootpacks). These things are heavy because they have a sheet of freaking TITANIUM running the length of the ski - bomber.

Interested. PM sent.

RobertRS Guest
    The Mothership was my first wide ski, I had skied race skis for the ten years prior to getting them. I was looking at demo (rental) skis at the Start Haus in Truckee and ask Mike "what are these?" He let me take them out, I had a great day and came back and bought the demos. I don't know why Line dropped them but they rock. They rail groomers like a GS board but are very easy to ski off piste and powder. They are heavy with the demo binding but I never feel it skiing them. Still own them and ski them and do not feel that they ski me, I am 6'3" and 250 so maybe that is the difference although my girlfriend skis them and really likes them. Hope this helps.

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
    my girlfriend skis them and really likes them

My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

Hey guys, thanks for the interest. Sorry to say, but I think I'm going to keep them. New skis is a want, but new snow pants and alpine boots are needs (if such a thing existed for a recreational sport). I think with new boots, instead of old beat up Scarpa Tornado Pro's (floppy AT boot), these will still be a great ski. They really are fun to ride.

I'll delete this thread in a day or two. Thanks again for looking, sorry that I'm pulling out.

FYI- before I priced mine, I found brand new Motherships online for about $350. Forget the site, should be easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the interest. Sorry to say, but I think I'm going to keep them. New skis is a want, but new snow pants and alpine boots are needs (if such a thing existed for a recreational sport). I think with new boots, instead of old beat up Scarpa Tornado Pro's (floppy AT boot), these will still be a great ski. They really are fun to ride.

I'll delete this thread in a day or two. Thanks again for looking, sorry that I'm pulling out.

FYI- before I priced mine, I found brand new Motherships online for about $350. Forget the site, should be easy to find.
    What size are you looking for? I have a pair of boots that dont use

2 tips down for Tips^Up

booo

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    What size are you looking for? I have a pair of boots that dont use
    Street shoe is 9 or 10 depending on brand. Bindings are set up for bsl of 298-305 (not exactly sure, forget what the Scarpas are). Looking for something stiff, would really like a walk mode. Will likely wait a few paychecks then talk to a local boot fitter unless something great came up.

And yes telemike, boo on me. But kudos to everyone who replied! Helped convince me that it really is a kick ass ski. Sorry fellas.

of course...too good to be true...next time someone is basically giving shit away I'll have to remember to be less enthusiastic so as not to remind them how much they love their gear! T^, I hope you score some boots.

Great. I was banking on these. Now I will just give up and spend my winter in a van down by the river drinking. I'm sure I will be even more depressed in a month or two and will really need help.
    Don't worry about me though ...... I'm sure I will find a nice pet rodent to talk to while your out skiing.

Go get em!!!!!!!

They are 307mm lange 120s from a few years ago. But no walk mode nor rubber soles