Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Hey, La Niña treated us pretty badly down here in NM so considering that, it wasn't bad at all. We were stoked for the rest of the run even though yeah, the entrance was a little bony.

Edit: see clarification below.
    Hey Meadowskipper, Looks like Santa Fe has some good bc skiing. Would ya show a Flagstaff skier around yer hood? I can do the same here on the Peaks for ya. El Nino!

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Blame Meadow Skipper.
    [...]
    More?
    I'd gladly take the blame for that, and I'd gladly take more.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Hey Meadowskipper, Looks like Santa Fe has some good bc skiing. Would ya show a Flagstaff skier around yer hood? I can do the same here on the Peaks for ya. El Nino!
    I'd be happy to show a bro around. Let me know when you're in the area.

NEW HAMPSHIRE. NOT TUCKERMANNZEZ RAVINE

no fall zone, make sure to wear that helmet

i always wear mine

10 year old trailmap of not tuckermannzez

and sumore: not tuckermannzez or the great gulf. why go west? exactly. why bother. no one skis here

simple pleasures. not any of the other^^^^3 places nh, but nh still. don't just ski it, work it.

pow over ice? it ain't ice unless there's fish under it. western skierz fall down n get boo boos on this stuff

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 09-21-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Icelantic - whoa! Those chutes are burly!
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

we got plenty of em CW. here's friend joanne mid may on a 1400 ft vert gully that touches degrees in the high 40's. not nearly the steepest stuff we have, but makes for a nice meadow skip. especially when the snow is hard. good snow takes the gnar out of any good steep line. the steeper shit gets the more you have gravity on yer side=less gnar.

this one never gets old. a shorter 1200 vert shot at over 40 right down to the lake.

same run in june. me gettin jiggy with it. got steep bumps? if ya ain't skiin bumps, ya ain't skiin:

nice deep snow shots CW!

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 09-22-2012 at 03:53 AM.

this thread is epic, nice pictures and movies... I feel like visit you all haha

Um this is less than 2 weeks ago in NZ...

They had a shit year, but got an awesome late season dump

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1348314515.477188.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	121057

Nice Feathertop! I had been puzzled at the lack of NZ stoke this year. Guess you answered that.

Rog Nice representation of the East. Is that Rog's run starting at the top left in the first photo?

Whilst we are visiting the Southern hemisphere, this is also September in Australia, yes that's not a misprint, this is Australia!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1348315946.100532.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	121059

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1348315986.759281.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	121060

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Rog Nice representation of the East. Is that Rog's run starting at the top left in the first photo?
    lookers left of pipeline. takes a good year to properly "rog" it. dicey even when in good shape. not something you climb to ski. better that way anyway. makes it more of an adventure.

rog

This thread is exactly what I was hoping for! Stoked!

Keep you inmates on your meds and focused and look at all the good that comes from it! hahaha.

Rog, those are my tracks in pipeline (minus the icefall/crux that year). And someone else's thru the crux? Well done might add - that section was burly that spring. I remember Jonathon wrote up something on T4T about it and those are his pics.

Like this shot of you buddy. Gettin after it.

Soon my friend. I'll bring the beer this time!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Yes they are! But don't tell anyone. Usually, Dec-March barely a sole up there - except Rog.
    The Passion is in the Risk

About a month ago I was skiing pow.

Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    ^awesome.

little crj stoke...RIP

3:38....wtf factor is pretty high
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

This Canadian isn't waiting around for snow. Last weekend in Janesville, WI.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Yes they are! But don't tell anyone. Usually, Dec-March barely a sole up there - except Rog.
    shit, tell everyone. folks only go west to ski, whether it's vermont or west of the big river

yup, barely a soul with ultra easy access why i moved back 11 years ago, plus i can ski that^^^shit all morning and surf great waves all afternoon from december-june.

i put that pick of yer pipeline turns in there for ya mark. just seemed like the right thing to do. pipeline is the ruler fer sure.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Feathertop View Post
    Whilst we are visiting the Southern hemisphere, this is also September in Australia, yes that's not a misprint, this is Australia!
    incredible, may you tell us what is the place ?

Ok, i already posted my vid on the "snow for euros" post, but I guess I can contribute to this thread as well:

Season 2011-12:
    Follow amateurs like you all season longhttp://www.zapiks.fr/profil/macsos/

Thought that was it Rog.

Pretty sure the mosaic was not taken by Jonathon, but the fellow who works at MWOBS. I could look up his name if you want. It was an incredible picture and my favorite from that year.

LD remember you saying those were your tracks in there. Pipeline mostly seems to be a Spring time ski. Have not heard much about it being skied in Winter.

like me some good stoke
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    LD remember you saying those were your tracks in there. Pipeline mostly seems to be a Spring time ski. Have not heard much about it being skied in Winter.
    the beauty of the high white's is that most of it and to most people it's all reserved for spring snow turns. that's why i like winter up there so much. everything gets skied in winter......on the right days. knowing how to properly ski cut and having hundreds of them under yer belt certainly helps get you the goods and walk away day after day, year after year. sluff management ftw. skied some deep fresh in dodges this season. was serious skiing for real. could not miss a turn or fuck up a cut. snow rangers were watching me through binocs from hojos and when i skied by them after the run they were like, "a bit bold for our comfort zone, but well played". good skiing.

rog

Way down south with the iceaxe.tv Antarctica Cruise last November. Man, I want to go back.

EXOTIC^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Soon my friend. I'll bring the beer this time!
    in a cooler i hope.....

let's see........what else i got...............

BAM!

Attachment 118153

fishing the only way i know

rog

incredible, may you tell us what is the place ?
    Certainly, that's Mt Feathertop (yes i named myself on TGR after this mountain, that's how much I love it!). It's near the ski resort (by "near" I mean a solid 4 hour skin) of Mt Hotham which is in the Victorian Alps. It's Victoria's 2nd highest mountain (peak just under 2,000m). It's got, justifiably, the reputation as Oz's gnarliest backcountry peak, although there are other peaks on the main range in NSW that are probably just as sick (in a good snow year). People die up there occasionally, the most recent being last year.

Here's some more photos:

First rays of morning light hit Mt Feathertop

Name:	7991333363_ac8bcd45e0_z.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	121098

This is the top of "Avalanche Gully" off the peak of Feathertop, which lives up to it's name. It's a massive terrain trap and most likely not survivable if it slides.

Name:	7991348930_a11f40eb58_b.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	121099

Still my fave from Mike D and crew. Watchin Abma mob is always stoke...

Well lets have a look :

October

November

December

January

February

March

April

May

Bring it on Ullr!!