Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    Promising.... I think it's about time I sketched out every ski's dimensions that I've also been lurking over as well...

Quote Originally Posted by esales09 View Post
    Phil, where and when did you demo the 99? Also what length and construction? Just curious because I ski them on a daily basis and have skied the bonafide and mantra as well. I agree that the bonafide is probably the best choice for an EC skier that stays out of the backcountry. But I find my 184 pure 99s to be very playful and rewarding. I also feel like that I can make pretty much any turn in any situation on them. I have about half of season on them ~25 days and love them, but I spend a lot of time in the BC and its not my every day choice for skiing at the resort in most conditions.
    Marshall send a pair of 184's last year at my shop. We did check and put a proper tune on them.
    Click. Point. Chute.

If you like the idea of a lighter touch ski that will slay east coast trees but can carve, the Armada TST.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    If you like the idea of a lighter touch ski that will slay east coast trees but can carve, the Armada TST.
    Picked this ski up last spring. I have yet to ski them, but I chose them over the S3 and PB&J due to their increased running length and stiffer tail. (192's)
    Reviews seem to be fairly favorable- mounting mine tele with NTN. I like a lot of sidecut in my skis, so the short turn radius was a plus.

Other skis in the quiver:

189 K2 Seth's (yellow)
    189 Icelantic Keepers
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    4FRNT Cody looks like it would fit the bill based on specs.

I fondled a pair and they look nice. 100 ish underfoot, something like a 19-20 m radius, roughly medium flex in the tips and tails, medium stiff underfoot. It's got tip and tail rocker but the rocker is subtle (not a ton of splay). Also a bit tip and tail taper. Mild camber underfoot. It looks like it would be fun in soft snow with the rocker/taper. Nimble with the shorter radius. But enough running length and enough tail that I imagine it would be pretty stable in firmer snow as well.

It's got the 'mega block' core. I own the MSP which also has this core. Sturdy and damp. The MSP is full sandwich construction and has a lot more camber. Cody is semi cap. So I imagine the Cody would give something up on groomers to the MSP, but in soft 3D snow it looks a lot more fun.

I'm looking forward to trying this ski out this winter.
    I demoed these one fine powder day in March, and to say they're "nice" is putting it mildly. The above supposition is pretty much dead-on; they ski really well just about anywhere, but uber-deep days may not be their thang. I have no doubt they could handle it, it's just that there are better weapons out there for the truly deep. They turn on a dime, but they're not squirrelly...solid underfoot but really nimble and playful. I now own a pair of 179's, and will be putting the new Guardians on them.

If you're looking for something burlier and more of a hard-charger, get the Turbo, tho; another killer ski for what its intended role in the quiver supposedly is.