It's raining...........inside the office

The Great Flood of 2012 continues. In June we had a massive flood in our office that wiped out the entire second floor. The ceiling tiles came down, walls ruined, desks destroyed. My office suffered limited damage, fortunately. But everyone was moved to temporary office area next door. The second floor resoration work is still in progress for another few weeks. Thankfully, the summer has been dry. Today is the first real rain in months and the temporary office roof is leaking. Trash cans all over trying to collect the constant dripping. Womens bathroom has a half inch of standing water flowing into the hallway. Again, I lucked into a dry office. What a mess.

Go grab one of those full trash cans of water and dump it on your desk. Get another one to make a trail of water to the main puddle then yell "Goddamn it!"

Problem solved.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Damn that Parvo and his third floor antics...........
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

No day off? There's a flaw in your diabolical plan, man.

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Damn that Parvo and his third floor antics...........
    He'll just blame the retarded kid.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The leakage has infiltrated my office now. Worse, there is a constant "tink-tink-tink" on the window flashing inside the wall. I'd call it a day if I wasn't already planning to take Friday off. With a "flood" of new projects, I can't afford to take any extra time off.

Now we have a cool waterfall feature in the middle of the cube farm. The facility team draped plastic sheets from the ceiling and built a cascading funnel into a large basin.

You must be quite the rainmaker.

I walk into the office today blessed with the aroma of stale wet carpet & mildew. Sheets of plastic attached to the ceiling now decorate my windows. Late yesterday, one of the people putting up the plastic sheets in the cube farm fell off a ladder and broke one of the cubes. So de-lite-ful to be here.