Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NYC Ski/SB Film Premier Schedule

It's that time of year again. Trailers are popping up everywhere, and ski movie season is just around the corner. For the past several years, I've been an active viewer of the NYC movie premiers, and they are always crowded, and always a good time. I even got to meet Ingrid Backstrom last year, but chickened out on my plan to propose. Anyway, we have a lot of ripping riders, and we should all meet up for some drinks and some good movies. It's looking a little thin right now, but here is what I've found out so far:

Level 1's Sunny: 10/04/12 at Soho REI community room. Level 1's website says private, might be for member's only. Not sure.

Jeremy Jones' Further: 10/10/12 at the Highline Ballroom. Doors open at 7, Show starts at 8, $19.50 Advance $23 Door

MSP's Superheroes of Stoke: 10/23/12 at Merkin Concert Hall. Doors open at 7:30, Show starts at $8, Price TBD

"Warren Miller's" Flow State: 11/17/12 at Symphony Space. 5 pm show and 8 pm show

TGR's The Dream Factory: 11/28/12 at the Highline Ballroom. Doors open at 7, Show starts at 8, $19.50 Advance $23 Door
    Last edited by njfreeskier; 09-14-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Cool... Already onboard for Dream Factory (wish it was showing earlier on the calander) ... Checking the calander on one or two more ... Thanks for the info.

I'll be at the super Heroes of stoke with some co workers.

What, Killington isn't hosting any premieres for you guys?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Looks like Level 1's Sunny is premiering tonight at the REI in Soho. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10.

"Errare Humanum Est"

Provided I don't need a bubble suit, I'll be there for TGR and MSP. I'll hit you up closer to the event. Going to see if I can get my bud Ferrazz to put on his Bono costume again so Ingrid recognizes us all!

thinking of maybe hitting the city on the 10th and will shoot for tgr and msp..........anyone up for the 10th....
    always forward but never straight

Ill be at Merkin for MSP...unless we have another October storm. Tix are 20 bucks

Those ticket prices are absurd, I guess that's NYC for you.

Just a reminder guys, Wednesday night is the NYC premier of Jeremy Jones's Further, the sequel to Deeper. This is one of the films I'm most stoked to see. Backcountry shredding at its finest, be sure to stop by. Check above for time and location. Hope to see you there.

"Errare Humanum Est"

I think I'll be there Wednesday. Anybody else?

Def will be there. Glad I found this thread.

Oh, Mother F'er. Just realized that the TGR show is the same night I have Gaslight Anthem tickets.

Makes it more important to get to MSP!

(and what about Meats?)

I'll be there tomorrow as well. Definitely looking forward to this one the most.

Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    (and what about Meats?)
    I've been keeping an eye on their site - nothing official announced yet (just "TBD" for NYC). They do have "pending event" for Mountain Creek though...

if you get more info on meats at the creek post it up.

Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    (and what about Meats?)
    If you're referring to the meatheads, I didn't see any local premiers on their website. If you're referring to the meat puppets, didn't know they were touring. I'd be down to go see either if they're in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    I'll be there tomorrow as well. Definitely looking forward to this one the most.
    Same! 2 years in the making. I will definitely be there. I've definitely been looking forward to this one since I saw Deeper and talked to Jeremy about his next project. I'll be in a navy blue Backcountry.com hat with a little white goat on it, i have a goatee myself. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Ask for change if you don't know me, and think you've found me.

"Errare Humanum Est"

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    Same! 2 years in the making. I will definitely be there. I've definitely been looking forward to this one since I saw Deeper and talked to Jeremy about his next project. I'll be in a navy blue Backcountry.com hat with a little white goat on it, i have a goatee myself. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Ask for change if you don't know me, and think you've found me.
    Nice, I'll keep an eye out.

Also, if anyone's interested, I've got an extra ticket for tonight that I need to sell, I was thinking maybe $20? You'll avoid the $5 online fee or the elevated door price. It's a PDF ticket so I can email it for you to print out.

Also, if anyone's interested, I've got an extra ticket for tonight that I need to sell, I was thinking maybe $20? You'll avoid the $5 online fee or the elevated door price. It's a PDF ticket so I can email it for you to print out.
    I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'll take it.
    If for some reason you cant go i got seconds.

Also, I'm going to get a burger and beer somewhere nearby before the show. I'll post a location by 2:30 if anyone cares to join me. Recommendations for burger-beer joint in that neighborhood are welcome. Otherwise, I'll ask my wife who seems to know every bar and restaurant in the 5 boroughs (well, not Staten Island).

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'll take it.
    PM sent

well gentleman i am out for tonight....My AD just called and said they just changed my girls game to a night game starting at 7. Was looking forward to getting up there for the show and grabbing some beers.....next time

I'll be at Bare Burger at 153 8th Ave around 6 or so. Have you been craving wild boar, elk, bison or ostrich? No problem. And the beer list looks solid.

I'll be wearing a blue polo shirt and tan corduroy trousers, carrying a blue Osprey pack. I have a beard that's getting grayer by the day, short hair and I need a hair cut. See you there.

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    If you're referring to the meatheads, I didn't see any local premiers on their website. If you're referring to the meat puppets, didn't know they were touring. I'd be down to go see either if they're in the area.

Was that you that won a trip to camelback?!?!

So how was it.....and who won the trip to camels crack....