Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nails View Post
    For any of the crew from Red, how is the transport to the top of Grey working out? What are your thoughts of the runs they cut?
    I'd be curious to know too, but I'm not too concerned about it either. Red is also getting hammered, and i haven't even thought about skinning up any slack country yet. I personally haven't heard any buzz about the grey shuttle cat thing at all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nails View Post
    For any of the crew from Red, how is the transport to the top of Grey working out? What are your thoughts of the runs they cut?
    I haven't skied the new lines yet, but those who have say good things. The cat isn't running yet.

The goal is next Thursday, Boxing Day, to be the 1st day of operations for Grey. The deal will be Thursday to Sunday cats running, $10 a ride, 10AM - 2PM. Mon - Wed you can book the cat for your group and get a "guide."

The hill has been so sick - it feels like late January coverage - we hit 2m yesterday, and there is another storm on the radar for later this week.

another 20+ dump at the star, getting close to 2m now. That is unheard of for this time of year.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    another 20+ dump at the star, getting close to 2m now. That is unheard of for this time of year.
    ya its been a lil different. usually we're scrambling to keep albert canyon and the snow shreds traffic flowing. the last week the majority of snow has been west towards malikwa and south towards the ferry

so much snow! ww was deep today. 19 overnight, 45 in the last 24. Cold so it was pretty fluffy.

Yesterday I got a sweet blister on my heel from my ski boots (in process of refitting), but fortunately my snowboard boots don't bug it. phew!

Snowfall warning!

Looking forward to Red this weekend. Except the blister part, I hope it heals fast.

snoboy,

thanks for the beta. will be up in feb or march for a couple weeks and will drop you a note beforehand. last few winters in the alps, but back in north america now and stoked to get back to the koots this winter. looking forward to your review of the lines on grey and how the cat dealio is working.
    "Girl, let us freak."

PSA - if there is any possible way for you to get your ass to Red tomorrow, do it. Sell your dog, steal a car, whore yourself out, whatever... The sky is falling here (snow at least), where do you want to be when the world ends? :-) :-)

Words like epic, sick, etc are overused IMO, but today they all applied. Mind bendingly good.

The best blister fix is using training prewrap, then covered with good cloth adhesive tape. Prewrap is thin foam tape you should be able toget at any pharmacy or sports stores.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    PSA - if there is any possible way for you to get your ass to Red tomorrow, do it. Sell your dog, steal a car, whore yourself out, whatever... The sky is falling here (snow at least), where do you want to be when the world ends? :-) :-)

Words like epic, sick, etc are overused IMO, but today they all applied. Mind bendingly good.
    or.... ww.... which is where I'll be. Have an amazing time over there! I know you will.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    or.... ww.... which is where I'll be. Have an amazing time over there! I know you will.
    Actually on second thought, she's right. You should all go to WW.

heh. My man was working in Trail and says they got more snow than we did today. So Red might win tomorrow.

If standing in line does it for ya, I'd say Red is gonna be deep tomorrow. Though if you're short $70 and looking to tour.... could be deeper .
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Gem Lake at Big White was supposed to open today for the first time but it was too windy. Ended up doing sweet laps in thePowder chair trees (shin deep) to start and then lapped into Falcon (knee deep) the rest of the day. All just the lightest blower pow. Gem is going to be sick tomorrow
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Greetings from Northern California, everyone. I'm just here to say I read this thread on the regs and cant wait to be back up in the Koots this winter. I haven't been up there since 2008. It would be fun to climb and ski with some of you this time around. Seems like 12/13 is taking off nicely so far. Keep getting after it.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/data/asp/...asp_1f03p.html

This is automated snow pillow tracker from pretty close to where I do most of my skiing. We are already at the same levels that we were at last Feb! probed 3m at 1900m in a meadow yesterday, it has honestly been snowing at least 20cm everyday for a week. Heard the Gorge is stupid good as well.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What she said!

Also - be careful out there. Shit's falling down everywhere!

Who ordered the blower? Thanks.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

today was the first day I've ever thought that it would be nice to have a rocker board. so deep! straightlining through the trees getting faceshots and snow up to my hoohah.

for sure time to be careful- lots of snow falling from trees, treewells, and just being buried in snow.

another 16c. had to take today off because I'm at red this weekend.

Picked up a nice bruise yesterday- I turned around what looked like a little stick that was actually a horizontal tree. Took it right in my thigh, kept riding through it and bent the trunk. Ow.

Still can't believe how deep it was yesterday. Can't wait to pick up my new skis next week!

Errmerrgerrrrd, this place is awesome!!

On a side note - anybody know of any rides going Revy -> Nelson this weekend?

Revy -> Nelson

Apocalypse Friday in the Purcells- Best ski day of my life and I have had a lot.... 50cm Thursday, no wind, bluebird Friday! I will try to get some photos up but tough with Christmas and all. Might be a week or so....

hey Sparkletarte, remember calling me a squid last year. well do i have to come out there this year and break trail for you all again?

Having the full ground-hog day experience at Red. About to head out for my 8th day in a row of enough new snow to reset all the same lines from the day before, and the day before ........

Quote Originally Posted by talus View Post
    hey Sparkletarte, remember calling me a squid last year. well do i have to come out there this year and break trail for you all again?
    no but you can remind me, and of course you can break trail anytime.

got my first run on grey today. a sled lap thanks to snoboy! did run 5 (I think). the snow was great, it seemed like a pretty nice blue pow run. a bit of rolly polly at the top, nicely spaced trees on the sides, then a good final steeper pitch to rino's. really great day, got to do a little bit of everything!