Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Thanks again to you folks for the conditions updates. We had a good trip to Revy/Rogers/Golden this week. Monday was particularly great.

Where you at Revy on Friday? Saw WA plates on a red pickup and a guy with 112s. Monday was indeed sweet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1363489492.899768.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	134873

proper march day today- sun, crazy snowstorms, winds, and thunder. it's puking right now. ww got 23 over the weekend, I heard it was good on the low angle but too light to stick to high angle. they say it's -7 up there, but it will be warm and sunny tomorrow. I might go check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    proper march day today- sun, crazy snowstorms, winds, and thunder. it's puking right now. ww got 23 over the weekend, I heard it was good on the low angle but too light to stick to high angle. they say it's -7 up there, but it will be warm and sunny tomorrow. I might go check it out.
    we banged off a quick white queen yesterday morning, skied alright, skirted the edges of the clearings mostly in the trees, about 20 on top of a firm base...didn't move too much, but we were also being conservative.

Rogers pass is deep, get it while it's good. Wind has done some work however. Light snow till 3, would have hit up video if it had cleared earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Where you at Revy on Friday? Saw WA plates on a red pickup and a guy with 112s. Monday was indeed sweet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1363489492.899768.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	134873
    I ski 112s but that wasn't me. It's a small world....

Spot the guy that's in WAAAAY over his head:
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Nice place to go for a slide on your bum there

^Fuck yeh! I spy a line skiers left, any more shots?

Nice shots Wiibert. That first one looks like Montana Bowl - where's the second one from?

There was an avalanche in Door 1 at RMR today. Based on the pictures I saw, it looked pretty big. Sounds like it was from a cornice collapse. No one involved, that I know of.

Here's a pic of the debris field (with an rescue dog searching it) from my editor: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(1).JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	555.9 KB 
ID:	135213
    Last edited by AlexC; 03-22-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Both are Montana. 2nd is on the way up a bit skier's right of the 1st. I eyed up the cliff and thought it would be cool to send it if I were a better skier. Then this guy skis up to it and I thought 'fuck yeah, send it dude!', though the Go-Pro on top of his helmet left me dubious. Watched him flounder, snow zamboni and billy goat for a bit before getting bored and leaving. A few other shots, but just more of the same. Not sure what the end result was.
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Anyone know how the resort is skiing at Revy?

EE and me are coming back from Whistler and thinking of skiing there Sunday. Still winter snow up high?

^Sort of, not blower, pretty tracked inbounds, lots of sun so won't be getting better. But the best damn groomer laps I've ever skied

skied Bostock yesterday. MacGill side was horrible crust but Christiana was $$$$. We had the place to ourselves, not sure where everyone else was?

Went and skied the backside of Kokanee Bowl today. It was so good, we did two laps.

Lap 1:

Lap 2:

Followed by a sketchy run down Montana Bowl where I triggered a small wind slab and my friend got swept down the slope by his sluff. Nothing crazy, but definitely one of those heads up moments.

Nice pics.

Sick weekend in the monashees, north facing is still blower. -15 to -18ish at night. Good mix of sled laps, skin laps and heli laps!
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post

Cool first shot. But tell your buddy to quit with the big arm extensions. Looks like he's hailing a taxi cab or swatting away a swarm of bees!

Sad news from the Pass. A Revelstoke man died in an avalanche on Sifton Col. Photo and story here: http://www.revelstoketimesreview.com...199887871.html

Vibes to friends and family, skied little sifton trav. today on similar aspects, was obviously solar affected, but still soft, didn't feel unduly dangerous, just set of a little sluff on some steeper more solar aspects further down the run after the col.

From AlexC

- West facing slope surf hoar on sun crust.

While in the Icefall (W Rockies) area. A largish group remotely triggered a 3.5 that took out half a bowl (600m crown, 400m runout). Their skintrack wasn't buried so someone put in a nice track.

Aspect was S to W (avalanche wrapped around aspects). Failed to ground. No confirmation as no-one wanted to go near the hangfire but its reasonable to assume near-ground facets, wind slab and sun-crust

The solar slopes have been a recent performer. Will put up pictures when processed

Yeah, that was shitty news. A friend sent me a text as I was going up Begbie and told me. My sympathy to anybody that knew him.

Couple shots from Begbie. We didn't make the summit, the ridge required crampons, 2 ice axes and a longer rope. A couple cams in the #2 range wouldn't hurt either. Somebody booted directly up the east face but with our crack of noon start we didn't want to be under the cornice. 4th times a charm???

The line off the south side of the col looks like it goes. Anybody been out there?

Vibes to friends and family of the shredder that passed.

It's been a fun couple of days out there despite the sad news.

Steep, fun lines!

Exploring some new zones on the sleds today

She's a beaut.

just wanted to say thanks to the friendly BC skiers who shared their stash. if you are on here. Ever come to AK look us up.
    off your knees Louie

Little piece on skevik from the news last night

http://globalnews.ca/video/431685/ho...-downhill-skis
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Edit of speedriding Greely and Mac peak.

Also, anyone willing to comment on current touring conditions out there? The Pass, around Revy? People still finding pow on N aspects?

Just back from a ski traverse of the Valhalla's. TR here.