Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Been following this thread all season and it's awesome! A question though, is there anywhere on kootenay pass that would be easy enough to boot pack or shoe for a couple turns. I just got a new board a few days ago hoping WW would get dumped like last year, but that looks like it's out of the question. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by kootenay-kid View Post
    Been following this thread all season and it's awesome! A question though, is there anywhere on kootenay pass that would be easy enough to boot pack or shoe for a couple turns. I just got a new board a few days ago hoping WW would get dumped like last year, but that looks like it's out of the question. Thx!
    Don't make Slocan Sam teach you a lesson!

More from sat. The pineapple did a good job consolidating the nasty layers, never been able to ski in here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	om nom nom.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	134483
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

^^^
    Magic.

Skied STS the other day..

Cornice shennanigans:

Other cornice shennanigans:

After the exciting part:

This came down during the day, along with Frequent Flyer. Both ran over the usual trail and nearly to the creek:
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Nice one!!! Wanted that for a while, was stuck staring out the window for the last five days though Living vicariously here.

Nice shots Wii, just wondering if you have a rule about only touring with ripper chicks?

Anyone in Revy with a Squad 7 and a 317-333mm bsl want to do a comparo with 192 DPS RPC?

went for a run at ww this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Nice shots Wii, just wondering if you have a rule about only touring with ripper chicks?
    Heh, thanks buddy. Was a decent ski, if it's been 5 years in a row is that enough to call it annual tradition?

Not sure where all the girls have come from, just the way this season has gone. I only slept with one of them, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Hey Nelson/Rossland mags, heading down your way this weekend to Big Red Cats with a couple buddies. We had one guy in our group bail and have an extra spot in the cat for this sat/sun if anyone is interested. Price is $400 total for 2 days in the cat (yes, we got a smokin deal!). Booked into the "expert" level cat.

shoot me a PM if anyone is interestd
    Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    As a wise man once told me:

It's not that you can't ski moguls, you can't ski, and the moguls just prove it.

^^^^ crickets.....

What, no one wants to pay to ski rain crust???? That F-ing pinnapple could've had better timing!

Anyway, disregard post above...Talked to the cat op and they confirmed terrible conditions not worth skiing. Rain check (hmm, pun intended I guess) offered up by Big Red to push to next season. That was nice of them!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    As a wise man once told me:

It's not that you can't ski moguls, you can't ski, and the moguls just prove it.

It's dumping at the lodge at Monashee Powder Cats, but it was too little too late to get a ski day in after it apparently rained up to 2K last night.

Oh shit, I thought you were hitting it earlier in the week? Good to hear that it is snowing at the lodge now. Supposed to cool rapidly and snow pretty hard tonight.

I had the day off so I went to RMR today. The snowline was hovering between the top of the gondola and bottom of the Stoke all day. The skiing was good through North Bowl and South Bowl, but once you got back onto the groomers, the snow was noticeably stickier. Taking the downtowner back to the Stoke took much longer than usual.

I'm supposed to be going up to the Asulkan Hut tomorrow morning with some friends but this storm has us scared. I'm sure we could find some good skiing up there, but it's the getting there part that we're worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    It's dumping at the lodge at Monashee Powder Cats, but it was too little too late to get a ski day in after it apparently rained up to 2K last night.
    couple of buddies up there as of yesterday doing a couple days of tree cutting and then a couple of skiing, hope it improves for them!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    I'm supposed to be going up to the Asulkan Hut tomorrow morning with some friends but this storm has us scared. I'm sure we could find some good skiing up there, but it's the getting there part that we're worried about.
    On Sunday the mousetrap was still empty, Ravens hadn't run, and the paths lower down the valley hadn't run either. I was very surprised there hadn't been more activity during that cycle on the 1st March. The only really big slide I noticed was on the south end of Jupiter and that didn't go far. Not sure that helps much - good luck if you go.

Oh shit, I thought you were hitting it earlier in the week? Good to hear that it is snowing at the lodge now. Supposed to cool rapidly and snow pretty hard tonight.
    Today was the last one. It was pretty clear that we were to be hosed today at about 11 last night. That place is a blast.

*sigh*

we started so strong.... our base is a meager 60c higher than it was Dec 7!!! wtf.

there's hope for tomorrow, snow level 1400 but 8* but 20k wind.

march has been madness, but not in the good way.

"That place is a blast." YEP!!!

Name:	DSC_0629.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	134788

Name:	SAM_0493.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	134789

Name:	SAM_0547.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	941.7 KB 
ID:	134790

Revy was good today to about 1700ish meters, heavy snow but still fun. Surprisingly i think i had more fun in the rain yesterday though, the end of the day had free refills on tap with no one around. Subpeak wasn't open at 1 today. Anyone been up connaught today or yesterday? Just wondering what has ripped and what hasn't yet, thinking of heading to ursus trees/hospital chutes tomorrow.

Had a blast on my praxis pow boards up the hill today, the place just cleared out at 12. Great hucking snow up greely

Thanks again to you folks for the conditions updates. We had a good trip to Revy/Rogers/Golden this week. Monday was particularly great.

"That place is a blast." YEP!!!

Name:	DSC_0629.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	134788

Name:	SAM_0493.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	134789

Name:	SAM_0547.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	941.7 KB 
ID:	134790
    I have a vague recollection of such things .

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1363463678.574723.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	320.9 KB 
ID:	134836