Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    We had a fantastic family ski trip last week in Revelstoke. Fresh snow everyday at Revy pretty much it seemed and Kicking Horse was skiing awesome on Wednesday with absolutely nobody around. Friday was fun and really creamy in the morning at Revy but things warmed up and went to slush pretty fast. For a while it was raining on the catwalk coming back to the Stoke from North Bowl but after about an hour and a half it turned back to snow all the way to the bottom of Stoke. Being familiar with rain and slush we new it was going to take a major reset after that mess. Longest run ever that day to the bottom of Revy. No way I was downloading though. Stopped by Red on Saturday for burgers and to check out the area and it was brutally warm. Hopefully you guys get a reset soon. Very glad we hit the interior last week. Had a wonderful time! Everyone we met was cool and after being trapped in Revelstoke all week we still felt like we needed another week or two before we'd wear that town out. Perfect place to take a family if you don't care about glitz.

Here was day one or two at Revy skiing with my ten year old stepson. I'd have put out the word to meet some fellow maggots but skiing and hanging out with the family all week inbounds makes it more practical just to chat up people we meet along the way.

My 2 year 11 month old girl managed to shred the entire catwalk down to the gondola midstation. She'd have gone all the way down if the snow wasn't demolished below.

And one from Kicking Horse. Fuez Bowl.

Last edited by uglymoney; 03-06-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I'm planning a trip to Revelstoke/Nelson next week so I really appreciate all the conditions updates, folks.
    today I heard the rain damage went to 2200m around Nelson but there was around 8-10c up high that fell on top of it. it puked for about an hour today. needs many more hours. looks like snow tonight and tomorrow... how much and density, we'll see.

it's been way too warm this year for us to deal with pineapples.

Snow down to the valley today... Not sure of amounts - I'm off the mountain for the next few weeks for other work. Hoping it all heals up for you guys, and that the last week of March is epic. :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    today I heard the rain damage went to 2200m around Nelson but there was around 8-10c up high that fell on top of it. it puked for about an hour today. needs many more hours. looks like snow tonight and tomorrow... how much and density, we'll see.

yeah, some friends did west ymir on monday and said it was pretty much shit

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    If you'll happen to be at RMR next Fri/Sat and want to share a chair/beer with a fellow travelling Seattlite, drop me a PM. Prolly not bringing touring stuff as I'm cat skiing that week, but perhaps could be convinced otherwise....
    I hope that you booked your cat skiing with some operation other than RMR's cat skiing as their operating area is small and worse than that is the fact that skiers can hike up 200-300' from the top of the Stoke chair and traverse over and poach cat skiing terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I hope that you booked your cat skiing with some operation other than RMR's cat skiing as their operating area is small and worse than that is the fact that skiers can hike up 200-300' from the top of the Stoke chair and traverse over and poach cat skiing terrain.
    Not a fucking chance. Monashee PowCats.

Looks like we got 15cm+ out of that storm... Wish I could check it out.

There is a film/photo crew shooting just south (immediately adjacent) of Mona pows tenure this week and I heard it is skiing well. You should be good.

Another storm coming in late sunday.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

A few runs from Heli skiing last week. Amazing tree spacing, light on the gnar, heavy on the trees.

The Gnar is available, this was the 3rd day of ops for them so we were keeping it pretty mellow. I actually was asked to slow down because they are being watched by the industry and didn't want any injuries. I had a good chuckle.

Thanks again for the updates. I wonder if someplace more interior got less of a warmup and is worth considering if Whitewater doesn't get enough snow in the next few days.

" I wonder if someplace more interior got less of a warmup and is worth considering if Whitewater doesn't get enough snow in the next few days." you touring, resort or what? Some local areas here got hammered last week. 120cm+ over Fri - Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I actually was asked to slow down because they are being watched by the industry and didn't want any injuries.
    I didn't realize the speedometer went slower than "Granny"

Nice video, looks like the potential for a lot of fun to be had there.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

^^ funny guy, I told him I would keep it under triple digits. The zone is sick. So close for us in the Okanagan.

That looks sick!

I am perplexed by what seems to be many people saying how its no good right now around here. We have been skiing close to 2m of fresh from that last storm. Just get high!!

^yes, well, you got snow when we got rain.

however! I have a report from ww, my guy just got back and he says "good". there was ~8c overnight, and the underneath stuff softened up enough for it to be good. mostly soft with only a little bit of hard stuff, not a lot of moguls left, not even many tree bombs. we're getting precip right now, but it's staying in the valleys mostly.

^^ funny guy, I told him I would keep it under triple digits. The zone is sick. So close for us in the Okanagan.
    Where is that; what operation? Looks pretty fun. I love nicely spaced trees like that.

In the Pinnacles (Southern Monashees) about a 1:20 East of Vernon off of Monashee Pass. They are running out of Keefer Lake Resort: http://www.keeferlake.com/location.htm

Sick zone, some serious alpine available as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0043.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	134235

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dirty 30 012.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	916.8 KB 
ID:	134236

The first run on the video: me likey long time. The other runs: me likey. Looks pretty great, thanks for sharing.

In the Pinnacles (Southern Monashees) about a 1:20 East of Vernon off of Monashee Pass. They are running out of Keefer Lake Resort: http://www.keeferlake.com/location.htm
    Nice! And only about 5 hours from Spokane, closer than Revy.... Hmmmm....

^yes, well, you got snow when we got rain.

however! I have a report from ww, my guy just got back and he says "good". there was ~8c overnight, and the underneath stuff softened up enough for it to be good. mostly soft with only a little bit of hard stuff, not a lot of moguls left, not even many tree bombs. we're getting precip right now, but it's staying in the valleys mostly.
    yeeeeeah, kinda....but still pretty crunchy out there, my knees got pretty achey after 8 laps this morning, and you could still get caught out pretty quick if you got going too fast! definitely better than nothing though!

" I wonder if someplace more interior got less of a warmup and is worth considering if Whitewater doesn't get enough snow in the next few days." you touring, resort or what? Some local areas here got hammered last week. 120cm+ over Fri - Sun.
    Looking at the conditions, probably resorts. Sounds like upper elevations at Revy and Kicking Horse are in pretty good shape?

What happened to keeping the secret

yeah, sorry for the spam, I am a big hypocrite! Just trying to help my buddies get started in their new business (if they keep up the good deals on heliskiing). You pretty much need a sled and a good idea where your going to get the goods anyways, tons of terrain up there.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    yeeeeeah, kinda....but still pretty crunchy out there, my knees got pretty achey after 8 laps this morning, and you could still get caught out pretty quick if you got going too fast! definitely better than nothing though!
    heh, he's just got laid off and has only been up maybe 5-6 times this year, so his standards must be lower. I'll have to chide him. Still, 8 runs is pretty good, and it doesn't sound like you lost any fillings! haha.

You pretty much need a sled and a good idea where your going to get the goods anyways, tons of terrain up there.

How about some more terrain shots I've been wanting to take my sled down there for a while, but tough when we've got about a hundred more spots to go yet closer to home. One day.