Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I've seen prices for the MFD's new down to $197 and often at $219.

I'd be surprised if some of the holes didn't compete w/ each other, it would be interesting to know.

I'd still like to know if I'm right that the MFD hole pattern is completely past any patterns of traditional bindings-- that would open up some possibilities for double inserts on one pair of skis

I've moved my barons back and forth between two sets of skis, but never two different bindings sharing a one quiver ski -- sounds pretty good
    The MFD pattern for the toe is pretty close to the toe pattern of an FKS 140, which is what I have on mine. I have been meaning to get a template to jondrums for the MFDs, and I've been pestering MFD to just post a printable template already.

I hope you can get that, it's to their advantage to make all the technical details available--- their target market is detail oriented..... when not all fucked up

What is the best beer to pair with an MFD?
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Hefeweissen of course.

I might try running this by jondrums. I compared the templates and it looks like I'd have to stagger the mounts some to make it work. I think I could live with having the barons 1cm back, and the griffins +1.
    This would be going on some lhasas that I'd love to have both options on. I would probably drink IPA while doing the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I've seen prices for the MFD's new down to $197 and often at $219.
    I'd still like to know if I'm right that the MFD hole pattern is completely past any patterns of traditional bindings-- that would open up some possibilities for double inserts on one pair of skis
    Oh hell yeah they are. I just put inserts into a set of Watea 94s for a large MFD Plate (Tyrolia/4FRNT). The MFD front toe mounts are in front of any binding holes out there; the aft toe mounts will likely be between the fore and aft mounts of conventional binders and the heel plate mount holes are waaaaaay the fuck back there. Check out the Blister Gear Review on the length of the MFD plates and their impact on ski flex and shear forces.
    http://blistergearreview.com/?tag=mf...me-at-bindings

The fore toe mount holes for the MFDs are 45mm in front of the fore toe mount holes for the Fischer X14s that were mounted on the line on the Watea 94s. The aft MFD to mount holes are 20mm behind the fore toe mount holes on the X14s and 35mm in front of the aft X14 holes. I can't imagine they're any different for the Look/Rossi or Salomon/Atomic MFDs.

thanks, So you installed them with inserts-- is your plan to make this your main set up and move it around to multiple skis?

Also if you made this commitment I figure you must have tried the MFDs and must have liked them.
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits