Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 237
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Joe's Garage
    Posts
    5,946

    "What are the economics surrounding that?" and other fucktard bizspeak

    Do you mean "how much does it cost?"

    THAN JUST FUCKING SAY THAT.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    9,645
    Per se...
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,721
    Don't get me started on this, OL.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Back in SEA
    Posts
    9,498
    the net-net of the situation is...

    "creating jobs"
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    7,349
    Let's see if we can wrap our arms around this in our meeting about the meeting we just had. Be proactive about it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Joe's Garage
    Posts
    5,946
    At the end of the day, if you don't get the joke...
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,676

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,571
    inventory liquidation

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Haven Line heading north
    Posts
    2,905
    I used the term "Optics" yesterday and I had to punch myself in the face three times.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Joe's Garage
    Posts
    5,946
    Reach out
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Joe's Garage
    Posts
    5,946
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    This is awesome. 12 years ago at the height of the dot com boom I would have printed/handed these out. Course that was when I had no kids and plenty of job security.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,007
    out of pocket
    behind the 8-ball
    at the end of the day
    hardstop
    engaged
    bandwidth
    organic
    OOO
    etc...
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,465
    Peel back the layers of the onion so we can drill down and circle back with our strategic partners.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,676
    I think that bingo game was created during the dot com boom. I now pass it out to all the kids running around Boulder talking about how great their App business is while still paying the rent with checks from Mom & Dad.
    Last edited by mud; 09-11-2012 at 09:28 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,356
    "30,000 foot view"

    I use "touch base" and "at the end of the day" way too much.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,223
    I can speak to the fact that we all have a lot on our plates, but we need to think outside the box to create a real gamechanger and increase the metrics so that at the end of the day we end up with a win/win for our strategic partners.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,248
    ^^^You forgot to emphasize "efforting cross-platform synergy" in that. No bonus for you.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,865
    Couple weeks ago I was in LA meeting with the three networks so they could pitch me on their shows so I'll buy airtime.
    Whenever I asked "Can we add such and such?" they would reply "We'll make the ask."

    Make the ask??? Is that their way of saying We'll ask?

    On a side note, I had to sit through hours of new programs and they're all teh suck. I'm almost embarrassed to have our ads run anywhere near their crappy shows about homos living with straight folks, alien neighbors, and one particular sucky show about a New Jersey girl becoming a big city lawyer in NYC. The station told me it would be great because the actress is actually Australian and pulls the Jersey accent flawlessly. Complete garbage the lot of it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    On a side note, I had to sit through hours of new programs and they're all teh suck. I'm almost embarrassed to have our ads run anywhere near their crappy shows about homos living with straight folks, alien neighbors, and one particular sucky show about a New Jersey girl becoming a big city lawyer in NYC. The station told me it would be great because the actress is actually Australian and pulls the Jersey accent flawlessly. Complete garbage the lot of it.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    ^^^You forgot to emphasize "efforting cross-platform synergy" in that. No bonus for you.
    I guess I will be part of the solution when the firm decides to increase efficiencies.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Couple weeks ago I was in LA meeting with the three networks so they could pitch me on their shows so I'll buy airtime.
    Whenever I asked "Can we add such and such?" they would reply "We'll make the ask."

    Make the ask??? Is that their way of saying We'll ask?

    On a side note, I had to sit through hours of new programs and they're all teh suck. I'm almost embarrassed to have our ads run anywhere near their crappy shows about homos living with straight folks, alien neighbors, and one particular sucky show about a New Jersey girl becoming a big city lawyer in NYC. The station told me it would be great because the actress is actually Australian and pulls the Jersey accent flawlessly. Complete garbage the lot of it.
    You should have pitched an idea about a crazy roaming roommate who fancies herself a life coach as her own life just train wrecks all over the place. I'd tune in.

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eburg
    Posts
    13,226
    At the end of the day, let's talk turkey

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Joe's Garage
    Posts
    5,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Couple weeks ago I was in LA meeting with the three networks so they could pitch me on their shows so I'll buy airtime.
    Whenever I asked "Can we add such and such?" they would reply "We'll make the ask."

    Make the ask??? Is that their way of saying We'll ask?

    On a side note, I had to sit through hours of new programs and they're all teh suck. I'm almost embarrassed to have our ads run anywhere near their crappy shows about homos living with straight folks, alien neighbors, and one particular sucky show about a New Jersey girl becoming a big city lawyer in NYC. The station told me it would be great because the actress is actually Australian and pulls the Jersey accent flawlessly. Complete garbage the lot of it.
    Why didn't they just hire snook...oh wait.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    4,110
    i remember bullshit bingo on a palm pilot back in the dotcom days.... made many a meeting go by quickly. had a buddy scream out "BINGO" during a big meeting with about 150 of us in a reception room... classic.

    glad I dont see much of this bizspeak anymore... now my boss just usually asks.... "Did you fucking sell anything?" "Let me know when you actualy plan to do something today!"

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    1,511
    I like to string together as many nouns as possible, e.g. "system architecture concept". The more nouns, the smarter you are.

    "Take the action" is an old classic. It means "do".
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •