Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

"What are the economics surrounding that?" and other fucktard bizspeak

Do you mean "how much does it cost?"

THAN JUST FUCKING SAY THAT.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Per se...
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Don't get me started on this, OL.

the net-net of the situation is...

"creating jobs"
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Let's see if we can wrap our arms around this in our meeting about the meeting we just had. Be proactive about it.

At the end of the day, if you don't get the joke...

inventory liquidation

I used the term "Optics" yesterday and I had to punch myself in the face three times.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Reach out

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    This is awesome. 12 years ago at the height of the dot com boom I would have printed/handed these out. Course that was when I had no kids and plenty of job security.

out of pocket
    behind the 8-ball
    at the end of the day
    hardstop
    engaged
    bandwidth
    organic
    OOO
    etc...
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Peel back the layers of the onion so we can drill down and circle back with our strategic partners.

I think that bingo game was created during the dot com boom. I now pass it out to all the kids running around Boulder talking about how great their App business is while still paying the rent with checks from Mom & Dad.
    Last edited by mud; 09-11-2012 at 09:28 AM.

"30,000 foot view"

I use "touch base" and "at the end of the day" way too much.

I can speak to the fact that we all have a lot on our plates, but we need to think outside the box to create a real gamechanger and increase the metrics so that at the end of the day we end up with a win/win for our strategic partners.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

^^^You forgot to emphasize "efforting cross-platform synergy" in that. No bonus for you.

Couple weeks ago I was in LA meeting with the three networks so they could pitch me on their shows so I'll buy airtime.
    Whenever I asked "Can we add such and such?" they would reply "We'll make the ask."

Make the ask??? Is that their way of saying We'll ask?

On a side note, I had to sit through hours of new programs and they're all teh suck. I'm almost embarrassed to have our ads run anywhere near their crappy shows about homos living with straight folks, alien neighbors, and one particular sucky show about a New Jersey girl becoming a big city lawyer in NYC. The station told me it would be great because the actress is actually Australian and pulls the Jersey accent flawlessly. Complete garbage the lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    On a side note, I had to sit through hours of new programs and they're all teh suck. I'm almost embarrassed to have our ads run anywhere near their crappy shows about homos living with straight folks, alien neighbors, and one particular sucky show about a New Jersey girl becoming a big city lawyer in NYC. The station told me it would be great because the actress is actually Australian and pulls the Jersey accent flawlessly. Complete garbage the lot of it.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    ^^^You forgot to emphasize "efforting cross-platform synergy" in that. No bonus for you.
    I guess I will be part of the solution when the firm decides to increase efficiencies.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Couple weeks ago I was in LA meeting with the three networks so they could pitch me on their shows so I'll buy airtime.
    Whenever I asked "Can we add such and such?" they would reply "We'll make the ask."

You should have pitched an idea about a crazy roaming roommate who fancies herself a life coach as her own life just train wrecks all over the place. I'd tune in.

At the end of the day, let's talk turkey

Why didn't they just hire snook...oh wait.

i remember bullshit bingo on a palm pilot back in the dotcom days.... made many a meeting go by quickly. had a buddy scream out "BINGO" during a big meeting with about 150 of us in a reception room... classic.

glad I dont see much of this bizspeak anymore... now my boss just usually asks.... "Did you fucking sell anything?" "Let me know when you actualy plan to do something today!"

I like to string together as many nouns as possible, e.g. "system architecture concept". The more nouns, the smarter you are.

"Take the action" is an old classic. It means "do".
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.