Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Hey now "end of the day" is very useful and I find myself using it more and more. I use to say "I'll get that to you within the hour" but that just cramped my two hour lunches and safety meeting schedule.
    um, when people say "the end of the day" to mean, like, "the end of the day", that's not really an issue.

^^^whoops my bad, guess I don't know how to play ball, bring it home or follow though.

This thread needs to dig vertically on this issue and backfill with a fresh look at things

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    ^^^whoops my bad, guess I don't know how to play ball, bring it home or follow though.
    At the end of the day, it's really a non-issue.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Maybe not biznass speak, but my boss (the plus size lady whom I'm not fucking, or is it who?) is in the habit of starting a lot her shit by asking "how can I explain this so you'll understand?"

This morning I replied "by finishing that cake in your piehole and not speaking with your mouth full". We're very close... but again, not fucking.

Cascade.

I will not cascade your email to my direct reports, but I would be happy to forward it to them.

I was just asked to cascade some good news to my group, but I only forwarded it hopefully they still get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    or is it who?
    with whom I do not fuck?

Why don't you guys quit your shitty ass jobs? Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Cascade.

I will not cascade your email to my direct reports, but I would be happy to forward it to them.

I was just asked to cascade some good news to my group, but I only forwarded it hopefully they still get it.
    WOW. this one sucks hard... you should try changing it to "make it rain down the chain"... see if it takes root.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Why don't you guys quit your shitty ass jobs? Life is too short.
    Hmmm....I have yet to hear that one; I can't say I'd necessarily be annoyed if my managing partner said that to me...what sort of business are you in that uses that phrase?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Hmmm....I have yet to hear that one; I can't say I'd necessarily be annoyed if my managing partner said that to me...what sort of business are you in that uses that phrase?
    Here at The in-and-out Burger, but I also hear that at my garden hose manufacturing warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Here at The in-and-out Burger, but I also hear that at my garden hose manufacturing warehouse.
    Holding down two jobs...in this economy...good on you Blurred!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

This thread delivers. Every term I hear a vision of a toolbag I have met over the years pops into my head. This thread is right in my Wheelhouse and I should be able to laverage this into a benefit to our bottom line.

Fucking hell ... buzzwords.

The one the gets me the most is "resources." They aren't fucking resources. They are people. Don't someone else that you need to check your resources. Tell them that you need to check with someone. Fuck...

It got so bad at my last job in software that we had a buzzword list. If were caught saying any of those words; a dollar went into the beer fund. It made for a nice Friday afternoon club until people got wise and stopped speaking like dipshits.

As my former director wisely told me, "Just say it." Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Maybe not biznass speak, but my boss (the plus size lady whom I'm not fucking, or is it who?) is in the habit of starting a lot her shit by asking "how can I explain this so you'll understand?"

This morning I replied "by finishing that cake in your piehole and not speaking with your mouth full". We're very close... but again, not fucking.
    You are so going to nail that shit.

Or get fired, one or the other.

I despise when nouns get turned into verbs, or other parts of speech.

Technically speaking, "impact" can be used as a verb, but not in the way it is typically used in the biz world. I hear this more in the non-profit sector but the version "impactful" makes my brain hurt.

Traqnsformation into verb usage seems to just be step 2 of any buzzword development cycle, occurring right before step 3 which is the point at which the word shows up in stand-up comic routines.

what it all comes down to is...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    I despise when nouns get turned into verbs, or other parts of speech.

Technically speaking, "impact" can be used as a verb, but not in the way it is typically used in the biz world. I hear this more in the non-profit sector but the version "impactful" makes my brain hurt.

Traqnsformation into verb usage seems to just be step 2 of any buzzword development cycle, occurring right before step 3 which is the point at which the word shows up in stand-up comic routines.
    Impact is a good one. That one popped up in the late eighties all of a sudden. At first, I was confused. (I was an English major who had some really good teachers who taught us to cut through the bullshit) Why don't they just use the word "affect", like we've been using for a hundred years? Why make up a new word? I blame the military for this. They invented a lot of this jargon, and the swinging dicks in the business world took it on to say nothing. Thank the lord I have a job where I don't have to speak this shit or listen to it. Don't even have to do meetings.

Just stand in the line once a month and tell the lady where you looked for work that month, right?

Dude, they do that on the internet these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    At the end of the day, it's really a non-issue.
    But you wrote this at 2:30. Let's set up a brainstorming session to consider viable alternatives to your proposal.

the WOW factor
    brand integrity
    solution
    it is what it is
    motivating factor
    situational analysis

Color.

I hate the word color, as in:

Could you provide us with a bit more color around your Q3 forecasts?

FUCK YOU!
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Hilarious. I just listened to a voice mail where the sales guy wants me to call him to set up a "deep dive session".
    I have some bad news- you work with at least one idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    Did you mean tranqsformation, a passive verb used when office stress incites workers to eat xanax or other anxiety medications?

Wow, he's gonna get shitcanned if he fucks up that report after today's tranqsformation.