Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have her play Duran Duran really loud in the yard.
    But how do you pick the perp out of the rest of the guys wearing high tops and a wife beater?

Try smearing peanut butter on the fence first, maybe the fucker has a nut allergy....if that doesn't work, try shell fish next, so on and so forth until you find his kryptonite.

Boobie traps.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Nope....for this particular loser only THESE will do.

A pack of at least 4 highly trained attack Dobermans. She can rent a pack of them plus their handler from a k-9 security group. She'd only need to rent them at night, as he doesn't show in the daytime.
    No...I have no idea what it costs. But how much is peace of mind worth?

I guarantee he'll be double-timing it back over that fence and won't be coming back.....if he MAKES it to the fence, that is.

--
    Agree, hire a security company, and not the kind that supplies mall cops to the local teenage-wasteland mall-hangouts. The kind that is serious, which might include a retired police officer with some street smarts who does part time work in retirement. These guys can get trained dogs, cameras, motion detectors, etc., etc setup in no time and on a temporary basis.

Also suggest a three party meeting to start things off, the resident, the security company, and the local police. Any good security company should be suggesting this as soon as they get onboard.

Even if the security company acts only as a facilitator to get the HOA to act, they will have fulfilled a useful role. And a good security company, or a retired police officer who does part time work, will know how to handle all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongWay View Post
    Move.

No one needs trouble with their HOA, creepy prowlers, and vengeful, busted thieves. Is there anything special about this place? Doesn't sound like it is the family homestead. Just move. It's not giving up, it's not letting anyone win, it's just...moving.
    In reality this is tough, I'm guessing you never had to deal with an aging relative in a situation like this.
    Last edited by Nobody Famous; 09-06-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't understand why Blurred acting tough isn't solution enough.
    Cuz dude isn't on the interwebz, he has no idea how tough Blurred is.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

The A-Team

Notice how every moron with a hose joke hasn't realized someone previously has already used that joke?

Not only are you morons boring, you're really fucking stupid. Say something original.....and yes, I would help out if I lived closer than 1000 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Notice how every moron with a hose joke hasn't realized someone previously has already used that joke?

Not only are you morons boring, you're really fucking stupid. Say something original.....and yes, I would help out if I lived closer than 1000 miles away.
    PM Rontele.

or

Ask Benny how he stopped the guy who made fake delivery calls from stealing his money.

Notice how every moron with a hose joke hasn't realized someone previously has already used that joke?...
    smear some shit on the hose bibb?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

I'd definitely consider motion detection camera(s) - pretty good low light, night vision that will capture the video needed to be turned over to Police.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    If you get Dobies, you want the barkless variety.
    The barkless ones are TRULY scary.

When I was growing up in Michigan, there was this weird-ass family lived a few doors down the street, They lived in this huge 1920's Great Gatbsy-style tudor compound....10 ft high pointed-tip fence around the perimeter, big gates sweeping closed directly behind whatever vehicle entering. Crazy family with flipped-out father was totally paranoid...about EVERYTHING. Neighborhood kids were like Al Quaeda to him.

But he had these three professionally trained dobermans that were ALWAYS perfoming their own perimeter surveilance along the fenceline. I never once heard them bark...not even once. You'd be walking along the street past the heavily treed yard, and you wouldn't see them trailing you...instead, you'd feel their eyes on you...pacing you as silently as leopards. You'd look back behind you and all three would be there, behind their fence. They wouldn't growl, they wouldn't even show their teeth...you only knew they were there because you'd see six menacing, black, calculating eyes sizing you up. You just knew that these were no poser dogs....they meant business. Dark, emotionless business. Us neighborhood kids were scared shitless of those dogs, at the thought of them somehow getting out and ending up at our bedside with those same calculating eyes.

I remember they ran like a barn owl flies...with absolute and menacing silence. That was when I knew what it felt like to be prey.

To this day, I still don't like Dobermans because of those dogs.

--
    Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 09-06-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    What non-Colorado state does Ma live in?
    .....and yes, I would help out if I lived closer than 1000 miles away.
    OK - so it's within a 1000 mile radius of central CO. That narrows it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    The barkless ones are TRULY scary.

I remember they ran like a barn owl flies...with absolute and menacing silence. That was when I knew what it felt like to be prey.

--
    Sounds more like ninja dogs.

Have gram get a pack of honey badgers. I like the idea of hiring some bad ass to check the spare.

Oh and the cctv suck thats why they are so cheap. I have the cops in my office all the time with surveillance video from the local convenience stores trying to clean up the images or make out a plate number its impossible.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Sounds more like ninja dogs.

Have gram get a pack of honey badgers. I like the idea of hiring some bad ass to check the spare.

Oh and the cctv suck thats why they are so cheap. I have the cops in my office all the time with surveillance video from the local convenience stores trying to clean up the images or make out a plate number its impossible.
    You've gotta use good equiptment and it helps if you can rig some kind of "choke" that the scum has to go through to get to the specific area - that way you can usually get a nice close-up. keep in mind that even if youi get rock solid evidence that will stand up in court, the guy isn't going to get the needle for standing in your backyard.

Buy a plane ticker, and six pack of PBR and a maul. You and said friend get comfortable in the yard, drink and wait. When he shows up...

On second thought maybe a case of PBR, it could be a long wait.

Go online and find a motion trigger wildlife camera. ID the perp, hand to police, problem solved.

If you go with the first option, GoPro footie would be awesome, but wear a ski mask.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

What would the prowler be charged with if she went the "legit" route with cameras and the police? Trespassing? If the guy is pissed that she got he and his bros in trouble, will another minor criminal charge be that big a deal?

Does she want to punish the guy within the norms of our society's legal system or does she want to be effective in taking care of the problem? 'cause an ass kicking sounds a lot more effective.

Get a trail cam and mount it in the backyard. Homeboi comes by, a few flashes go off and the cops get a pic like this

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Buy a plane ticker, and six pack of PBR and a maul. You and said friend get comfortable in the yard, drink and wait. When he shows up...

On second thought maybe a case of PBR, it could be a long wait.

Go online and find a motion trigger wildlife camera. ID the perp, hand to police, problem solved.

If you go with the first option, GoPro footie would be awesome, but wear a ski mask.
    I was late to the party... I agree in a stake-out and if that's not an option, trail cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    What would the prowler be charged with if she went the "legit" route with cameras and the police? Trespassing? If the guy is pissed that she got he and his bros in trouble, will another minor criminal charge be that big a deal?

Does she want to punish the guy within the norms of our society's legal system or does she want to be effective in taking care of the problem? 'cause an ass kicking sounds a lot more effective.
    Now, you're talking, Blurred! Oh, wait...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Now, you're talking, Blurred! Oh, wait...
    Shouldn't you be swapping out the siding on your trailer house?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

This is the thing - everybody's different. some times you get them on camera, file a report, the police talk to them and they get freaked out enough to give it up. Some will give it up after they've been fined. Some after a restraining order. Some after they've spent a few days/weeks in jail. Some never give it up. The guy could get charged with tresspassing or maybe some manner of harrassment but all that may do is piss him off. Same thing if you get a buddy and throw a beating his way. Everybody's got their own opinion of what would be effective. I would say nuke from orbit, then behead the remains (if any).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dep_3776235-Snapping-bear-trap.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	120344

Harassment and trespass might stick, but could also lead to escallation. Restraining order=nearly worthless piece of paper, but if he violates it probably jail time.

I'd be careful with this whole situation, you never know what's going to push someone over the edge to where they get violent, which brings us back to some form of self-protection, guard dog, gun. Hell, if she's not comfortable shooting a gun, get her a taser. Non-lethal might be better for all concerned, especially if the perp manages to overpower her and turn it on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

dogs are not going to help, the guy will just stay away till they are gone. I have a doby mix and a shepherd that looks like a wolf, which i would gladly lend if she was closer.

In all seriousness, if her complaints are recorded, then there is a history of trespass and harassment. If she isn't crazy broke, i would suggest a very covert private security guard. She might even be able to hire an off duty cop as a moonlighting gig.

It sucks, when you do the right thing to stop people that are breaking the law, as an honest citizen, then get spooked like this.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap