Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Count me in as a Wilmot alum - nice news!

Yep. High school ski club went to Wilmot every fri. Otherwise it alpine valley, Devils head or sometimes tyrol. Oh and getting high and drunk at raging buffalo and ruining gloves on the rope tow.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I figure the midwest turned out so much ski talent specifically because of the sub optimal conditions. Anyone who grew up skiing out there was going to get after it regardless if the snow was shit, the runs were shit, the weather was shit. No such thing as a fair weather skier in the midwest.
    So many of us move out west and arrange our lives to get maximum ski days in any conditions, hoping to squeeze out another pow shot like a junkie looking for his next fix. Meanwhile, we're routinely dumbfounded by how many people we meet who have grown up in close proximity to fantastic skiing and have never skied. But we'll never be the "real" locals.
    Quoted for truth. Every day skiing out west is like heaven on a bun compared to back home. Then again, I didn't have the fortune to grow up skiing, so I have the Midwest-chip PLUS the making up for lost time-chip.

Main reason I'm posting though is the relevance to the new GM of Wilmot. He grew up in a Chicago 'burb (he was in my Boy Scout troop) and made lots of turns at Wilmot growing up. Moved out to Colorado, found his way to Beaver Creek, started snowboard instructing, worked his way up to manager of the ski school. Then VR transferred him out to some mountain in Michigan (Brighton?) to be the GM, and then on to Wilmot to take over as GM once VR bought it. Here's the corpo-blurb: http://www.wilmotmountain.com/taylor-ogilvie.html

Hope Wilmot continues churning out the most rabid skiers on every Western mountain for many generations to come.

MM:
    Might want to tell Taylor he'd be better off relocating to WI.

Between the state pension debt and school funding reform, the already high RE taxes, are going to skyrocket.

I grew up skiing on the other side of the lake and luckily, have never experienced Wilmot.

I'm just a Californian with a wife from Chicago...here's some Wilmot/Boyne/Nubs pov:

I got my pass for next season!

I grew up skiing there and spent 4 years of HS teaching and babysitting the park, so stoked on the updated news! Ill be bringing the sticks home next time. Nothing like bombing the exhibition roller!