Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Has anyone gone through with liner up-sizing maneuver suggested by marshal, and perhaps now has a pair of 26/26.5 liners sitting around?

I've just got mine and while the fit is pretty good, the short lasted liner is tough especially on my longer left foot.

I'm in a 25.5, so I'd be looking for a 26.5 or 26.0 set if you are willing to part with I'm. In all honesty I'd be set with just the left one....

Other than that, with a couple punches for width is think I can make this work very well. I can see how narrower/low volume feet might be swimming a bit in there. For a so called 100mm last, it's more bearable than others I've tried in that category and even in the same comfort range as some wider stuff...

you can always visit a boot fitter to get the liner stretched as well.

-m
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Does anybody anywhere know how to find the 130 in Bavaria? Can't even find the 130 on the Internet. German blizzard/tecnica won't return email questions either. Perhaps I am a euro Jong, but fuck, it can't be this hard to find this boot.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwater View Post
    Hey Jon, where in the UK are stocking them? Anywhere close to Leamington Spa ('rents live there so will be over around Christmas-time).
    Profeet in London have 120's but they won't mail order & only do a fitted service. Ellis Brigham have 120's in their brochure but not in store yet & they're not listed on EB.com. Backcountry UK in Ilkley are now showing 120's in stock both for online purchase or in store fitting. I managed a sneaky quick shell fit at Profeet last week whilst I was in London doing some tech training for another store & have a mail order pair coming from Backcountry which I'll get Colin at Solutions4Feet in Bicester to fit. They're going to be rare in the UK so if you can shell check in advance I'd recommend getting a pair delivered to your folks soonest. And if you screw up the size I'm sure you'll be able to flip 'em at no/very little loss.

Cheers

Got my Pro Lights dialed last night. Downsized to the 26 shell and things were tight as hell. I could already see that my big toenails were gonners by December. Cooked up my power wrap plug liners, threw in a spoiler/wedgey thingy and bam! I have my boot quiver of one for the season. So pumped on these things! Still surprised that I ended up with the Lights over the 130s, but the feet don't lie.

Also just received my pro lights. Relied heavily on others' comments including Marshal’s in depth review on Blister so thanks!

here are some comments to be taken with a lb of salt-

My dedicated resort boot is a Lange RS 130 Wide in a 27.5. I had problems with the liner taking up too much volume in this boot around the ankle and had to get a lot of work done in addition to the usual punch I get along the entire outside (5th?) metatarsal bone. In the past, a plug liner in my boots has worked well in addition to shell work.

Ordered the pro lights in a 26.5 and they feel like a winner for my foot out of the box. I will have to get them on snow, but the relatively low volume liner they come in combo with the shell will work well for me, especially lower leg wise and around ankle and instep. Heel pocket feels great and hold is good for my foot. No heel lift or extreme pressure points, but snug overall. I also appreciate the shoe lace option on this liner for touring to make sure heel is snug in liner. Only two eyelets on each side so not very aggressive system, but placement appears enough to be effective.

Buckled are riveted on which may be a problem as typically ski with lower buckles loose, but are well thought out and stay close to boot chassis when not in use.

Boots appear to be a legit 120 flex, or composed enough to work for me and I prefer the stiffest boot in the respective lineup of the brands I have tried. The liners also came with some hard plastic add-on spoiler options; front and back. The walk mode feels more than just gimmicky, and I am impressed with the living room flex.

My caveman foot is a 263 mm long x 109 mm wide weighted at widest point with very high instep. Medium/large volume ankle and medium lower calf. I wouldn't want more or less length on the palau liner which is stamped as 265.

Don't want to throw anyone off with the following findings, but this may not make you want to read further -- My feet typically work with larger shell fit using a 27/27.5 shell in other boots which is not the norm for my foot measurement length. I am usually encouraged to try the 26/26.5 shell in most brands, but have never gotten a 26.5 to work. I think precision is not as important for me here with my higher volume heel and instep. The shell fit was tough to do on this boot as I could barely squeeze my sausage fingers back there, but my guess was about 15 mm at base and more if going to very back of heel pocket.

I will have to report back once I get some days on em.

Was going to buy the Pro Lights this year, but I picked up a pair of year old 120s SUPER cheap (200$) from a buddy. Got to ski them yesterday on the WROD on the original 115 underfoot ON3P Billygoat. Super fun boot to ski. Stiff and responsive and did a great job doin the gaper dodging thing. Needs a tiny bit more width and length, and probably need a tiny bit more padding or heel lift to reduce the ankle volume. It skis just fine and my heel has good hold, but it feels a little too open in that area (I need the high instep though). Not sure if I should do anything with that. Probably need a few more days in it to figure it out. Loved the boot though. Plenty of playtime with the walk mode which works just fine for my stride.

Attachment 124007
    Just got my 120's

The pair, with the standard liners/tech soles plus my existing vaccumed Superfeet footbeds & Foot Foundation canting strips, weigh in at 4360g (size 26.5) which is 760g lighter than my M110 alpine boots.

So with Rad St's mounted instead of my Vists that's a total weight saving of 2010g

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Does anybody anywhere know how to find the 130 in Bavaria? Can't even find the 130 on the Internet. German blizzard/tecnica won't return email questions either. Perhaps I am a euro Jong, but fuck, it can't be this hard to find this boot.
    To answer my own question and help out any others searching There are two shops in Bavaria that carry the 130's.

Nordwand Sport
    Augusten Str. 1
    87629 Füssen
    Tel: 08362 9299650

Oberhorner, Müller Schuh und Sport
    Bahnhofstr. 23
    83093 Bad Endorf
    Tel: 08053 1256

Got mine at Nordwand. Downsized punched and custom footbeds. Stoked.

Received my 26.5 Pro Lights. The shell size seems good, however as mentioned, the liners are short for the shell. There is more room to be had inside these shells, Tecnica needs to go up 1 size on the Palau liners for this boot.
    Last edited by hrdude; 11-07-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Got my 25.5 Cochise 120's yesterday. I've always been a 26.5 but there's no question that the 25.5. is the right shell size. I also got the light Palau liners which do seem smaller than the alpine liners. I've yet to mess with them. Initial fit with the alpine liners was very tight. Plenty of room in the shell, just need the liners to stretch out a bit. Can't wait to get them on snow. The plan is to make this my one boot quiver for a long time. I'll run the alpine soles early in the season until the base builds up and then switch over to the touring soles for the rest of the year.
    Editorially, the boot graphics are not age appropriate for me. The whole graphic look is just too much. But if they get the job done, I don't really care how they look.
    Need to add that the forward flex is amazing. Very non-at boot feeling. My last two touring boots were Garmont Adrenalins and Dynafit Titans. Both were a significant step forward, but Tecnica has nailed it for now. I'm guessing that the lateral support will also be a notch up from where I was with the Titan. Why wouldn't everybody like a great skiing boot with a walk mode?
    Last edited by Choucas; 11-02-2012 at 09:11 AM.

hot tip: been using the tech heel block full time and then just swap the toe blocks for AT and ALPINE use.

works for me, no idea if it is within anyone else's comfort range.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    To answer my own question and help out any others searching There are two shops in Bavaria that carry the 130's.

Nordwand Sport
    Augusten Str. 1
    87629 Füssen
    Tel: 08362 9299650

Oberhorner, Müller Schuh und Sport
    Bahnhofstr. 23
    83093 Bad Endorf
    Tel: 08053 1256

Got mine at Nordwand. Downsized punched and custom footbeds. Stoked.
    Excellent, cheers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    hot tip: been using the tech heel block full time and then just swap the toe blocks for AT and ALPINE use.
    Thanks for the tip. And thanks for the advice given via your blister site.

Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    Received my 26.5 Pro Lights. The shell size seems good, however as mentioned, the liners are short for the shell. Tecnica needs to go up 1 size on the Palau liners for this boot. As a result, I have a brand new pair of 265 liners available for sale that should be perfect for anyone with a 25.5 Cochise shell. If anyone has the 275 Palau liners available, I'll take them.
    How much did you want to sell the 26 liners for?

Would you be comfortable using Titan touring heel blocks in a Pivot/FKS style binding?

That's what I did with my Titans when I was in Japan this year & swapping between skis with Dynafit & Alpine bindings - saw no need to change the heel. Binding was a Demo Griffon.

Was a bit weird walking on slick surfaces and having slippery toes and grippy heels.....

Took my Cochise 120's to my boot guy today. He did a little punching to give me some extra room in 6th toe land and bumped out the toes a bit. He also worked over my custom insoles so that they seat at lot better into the liner thereby giving more space over the instep and allowing the liner to spread out a bit in the ball of the foot area. Perfecto. He also cooked my Palau liners which were a bit smaller than the alpine liners (both 25.5, downsized from my usual 26.5). Did double toe caps and buckled the beejeezus out of the boots while they cooled down. Considerable pain during the process but got an amazing result. I thought that I'd have to go to a larger touring liner, but these are on the money. Happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Choucas View Post
    Took my Cochise 120's to my boot guy today. He did a little punching to give me some extra room in 6th toe land and bumped out the toes a bit. He also worked over my custom insoles so that they seat at lot better into the liner thereby giving more space over the instep and allowing the liner to spread out a bit in the ball of the foot area. Perfecto. He also cooked my Palau liners which were a bit smaller than the alpine liners (both 25.5, downsized from my usual 26.5). Did double toe caps and buckled the beejeezus out of the boots while they cooled down. Considerable pain during the process but got an amazing result. I thought that I'd have to go to a larger touring liner, but these are on the money. Happy camper.
    Anyone else cook their Palau liners? Same as an intuition? 220 in a convection oven for like eight minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Would you be comfortable using Titan touring heel blocks in a Pivot/FKS style binding?
    Yes.

I have been doing the same as Marshal with P18s

If planning to use the Pro 130s with the stock liner, is down-sizing still a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by ready2tumble View Post
    If planning to use the Pro 130s with the stock liner, is down-sizing still a good idea?

getting them to FIT YOU is key. if you are like a lot of people, and in boots too big, then yes, you need to go smaller and "down size" But that is true for this boot and any other boot.

Got out touring on the 120s for the first time the other day. Pretty comfortable to tour in, but effing cold (stock liners). Toes were frozen blocks when I got back to the car - we were in subzero temps (before windchill) in high winds, and the boot is a bit tight on my foot up there. Waiting to see how the liner packs out before modifying plastic. Would appreciate slightly more forward cuff movement, but other than that they tour great.

Been skiing them fast in shitty WROD conditions for quite a few days now, as well as in bumps and in brushy chop from the bit of snowfall we've gotten and they ski phenominally well. Really good control and very responsive. Got nothing but good things to say about em on the way down. Love the buckled powerstrap. Makes a HUGE difference compared to a normal powerstrap. Hope to see that feature on every boot from here on out. Originally thought I wanted the Pro Lights, but I'm glad I didnt because I love that thing! Can't wait to do some hardpack hucking with these boots, I'm sure that they'll do quite well on fucked up runouts.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 11-13-2012 at 07:26 AM.

I toured with this this past weekend. They were plenty good on the up...the stock liners seem to be cold but i cant tell if that was because i had a few pressure pioints in the 6th toe area (mightve been cutting of circulation) or if they were just cold in general. the pressure points did not have issue on the way up just the way down. Hoping the liner just has to slightly pack out if not might need slight punches not a big deal me thinks. All in all I am impressed coming from a TITAN.