Marker-Völkl USA seeks new member of Promotions Team

Hi Everyone,

Marker-Völkl USA is seeking a new Promotions Assistant. This position reports to the Director of Promotions (fancy name for Team Manager) and has several important responsibilities: athlete gear ordering, design/sourcing of swag, communication with the team athletes and our 7 Regional Promotions Managers (aka Tech Reps.)

Successful candidates must be strong skiers and have a working knowledge of all forms of the sport, including racing. Excellent communication and organizational skills are important. Mac computer skills and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is helpful. Eagerness to travel is necessary.

This position is based in our Lebanon, NH office, and it is not a position that can be handled remotely.

Anyone interested should PM me for details including a detailed job description.

Thank you.

ST.

doughboyshredder Guest
    There IS a forum for jobs.

You might have better luck posting this there.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    There IS a forum for jobs.

You might have better luck posting this there.
    Shut it JONG.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Shut it JONG.
    Just trying to help the guy out. The post will stay on the front page of that forum much longer, and people looking for work will have a better chance of seeing the post.

You're so cool, though, so you JONGed me.

LOL at your sad stupidity.

Will I have to actually ski on Marker bindings during the performance of job duties?

Quote Originally Posted by squaretail View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Marker-Völkl USA is seeking a new Promotions Assistant. This position reports to the Director of Promotions (fancy name for Team Manager) and has several important responsibilities: athlete gear ordering, design/sourcing of swag, communication with the team athletes and our 7 Regional Promotions Managers (aka Tech Reps.)

Successful candidates must be strong skiers and have a working knowledge of all forms of the sport, including racing. Excellent communication and organizational skills are important. Mac computer skills and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is helpful. Eagerness to travel is necessary.

This position is based in our Lebanon, NH office, and it is not a position that can be handled remotely.

Anyone interested should PM me for details including a detailed job description.

Thank you.

ST.

Dear Flattail,

I tried to send you a message prior but for some reason my posts and messages are not working. I have been looking for a position that would allow me to break back into the ski industry, as skiing is my passion in life. I have been working diligently on my career and professional development gaining valuable experience over the years. I am currently a senior level Marketing/Sales/Project Manager in the insurance restoration and construction industry. I worked in the ski industry for about 15 years starting as a grom shop rat at Kaprun West (at the time Tahoes premier Volkl Dealer) and moving on to a tech and boot fitter in a couple of shops. During my youth i dabbled in the racing part of skiing but left it for free skiing dubbed Extreme Skiing then. I grew up with the likes of Plake and Sean Palmer. Kept in the industry moved over to Squaw, skiing with (not as much as I would have liked) Terry Cook, Scott Schmidt Griff, tom Day and many other pioneers and personalities of the big mountain free skiing movement. But enough of that name dropping stuff. I am a walking promo for Volkl have been on them since I was very small and have a pair of Mantras and Katanas now. I have the social & professional skills, required for such a position. Most of all I have the passion for skiing and the people involved in it, unlike anyone you have or will ever meet.

I would like to meet with you and you can reach me via phone 508-944-1941 or email joesbragia@gmail.com. Please let me know where I can send a resume' and I will forward it to you promptly. I can also find residence in NH, as I now live just south of Boston and can do whatever is required to make this opportunity a reality.

Warm Regards,

Joseph Sbragia
    The OGC on TGR
    "Leave No Turn UnStoned" credit to JS Exhibition Top Shack
    " Short Skis Still Suck " credit to Kaprun West Ski Shop
    In memory of Steve Taylor died December 7, 1989
    Dem Is The Mountains

PM isnt going through..so despite my desires I am copy pasting my PM in this thread in hope of being contacted.

I am a 22 Year old college graduate with a business degree and long pedigree of gate bashing on Marker products under my belt and would jump feet first into an opportunity to prove myself in this industry.

Here goes nothin..

Squaretail,

Hope this PM finds you well. My name is Jay Kycia and I am a recent college graduate with a Business Management degree. I have grown up bashing gates in the Tri State league on the East Coast my whole life and finished my career as a J1. I live and breathe ski racing and its attached culture, it is all I think and talk about with my peers. I have been looking for a position in this industry that allows me to begin to contribute to product development, marketing and promotion as well as being immersed within the companies clientel.

I am beyond excited about the possibility of further discussing this position, I am still completely immersed within the ski racing lifestyle and have practical experience in this industry in sales and customer relation and retention. I spent last winter working as a brand ambassador for a race company out of Vermont and our skis used Marker Piston bindings and plates. I have also personally used ONLY Marker Piston set ups on all of my race skis and have been totally satisfied with each purchase. I am very in touch with style trends in the ski industry and what interests racers of all ages both in design and product features. I feel that I can be a great asset for Marker/Volkl to fulfill this position. I would jump at the opportunity to hit the ground running by filling this position and would greatly enjoy the opportunity to continue traveling around the east coast and beyond with Marker this winter.

I am an extremely dedicated worker, who is eager to contribute to the successes of a company I can relate to. My personality is extremely friendly and I am out to prove myself in this industry. I am confident in my skills on and off the snow and would jump at the opportunity to work within a company with people who have common interests as I do. I hope to discuss this position in a more detailed manor with you as I have just created an account for TGR after finding this job description. I am hungry and willing to start working asap. Again, hope to hear from you soon. Please feel free to email me at Kyciaj@merrimack.edu at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

Jay Kycia
    860-305-6668
    Kyciaj@merrimack.edu

I cannot send PM for some reason. Any Email I can write to? Im a 22 year old East Coast gate basher with a recent college degree looking for an opportunity to prove myself.

Enjoying reading the cover letters in this thread...keep em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Emmet Brown View Post
    Enjoying reading the cover letters in this thread...keep em coming!
    Agreed. This could be a truly effective classroom tool to illustrate the difference between motivated and desperate, the sad reality that just because it passed spell-check doesn't mean it's the correct word, and that the hyphen isn't just for math. If you're applying for a position which will give you significant control over advertising literature, you should make absolutely sure your cover letter is flawless.
    Once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Why do people still write cover letters?

Like your going to say you arent stoked about the position?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

I don't get it for certain positions. I guess it weeds out the less intelligent but if you're HR department can't do that you might reconsider your HR dep't.

You should see the type of jobs that require cover letters. Cover letters for warehouse/DC positions.

"I fucking love corrugated. Taping it, shipping it. It's fucking great now give me my paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

its not what you say, its how you say it.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane