Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Nice. Just got it yesterday, 2.7 with a new clutch and 6ft (60)minute mount plow. Couldnt pass up after the pre-craigslist viewing, she should last another 12 years no problem, just in time for the oldest.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Damn, that thing is worth some money. Not really
    Worth taking care of for sure. Those short stout little trucks aren’t coming back any time soon.

Similar truck traded into my local toyota dealership a few years ago, they had multiple buyers at $10k right away, then the guy who traded it in decided he wanted it back. I see it in town now and then.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 05-10-2020 at 07:23 AM.

The Boy's '98 Taco. 2.7 four banger with a 5 speed. Great first car - it's a manual so no other kids can drive it and it's a single cab so he can't load it up with a bunch of his derelict friends. I was cruising it around while he was at school to keep it fresh and there's no way to drive this rig without a big grin on your face.

There's some rust, but like all toyotas of that era, if you don't see rust you're not looking very hard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taco.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	328114

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy505 View Post
    I broke leaf springs in mine until I had it resprung with heavier leaves. But then I do abuse the shit out of it. I spend three and a bit months a year as a hunting guide driving large mileage (ave. 450 km per day) beating the crap out of my trucks on logging roads (and what once were roads). No complaints other than that. Best trucks going in my mind as long as you don't need to tow a big boat or pack a camper.
    Hah
    Reminds Me of the taco we rented in Belize twenty years ago.
    Beat the shit out of that thing to Guatemala and back. Washboard rutted nasty roads, at too high speeds. I had fun as the driver, but the passengers were Karen’s.
    . . .