Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    and Lotus 124.
    While we are at it, have you skied this? I'm really curious about this ski, but never met anyone who actually skied it.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    While we are at it, have you skied this? I'm really curious about this ski, but never met anyone who actually skied it.
    Unfortunately never skied the new Lotus 124. Nor did I hear of anybody who had done it yet. I was on Blizzard Spurs on deep days and I'm also really intrigued about L124 as potential alternative.

I'm hoping to have a pair by the end of the year.... I'll try to remember to write up some thoughts on it.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'm hoping to have a pair by the end of the year.... I'll try to remember to write up some thoughts on it.
    End of the year? C'mon dude, that's too long. Isn't DPS here around anymore? We need substantial information on L124 pretty soon, i.e. rocker profile, stiffness, whom is it for, etc.
    Taking the very rudimentary facts on L124 dispersed by DPS, thoughts may occur that they don't like to sell this ski at all to people who don't jerk off to a DPS just because it's a DPS.

End of the year? C'mon dude, that's too long. Isn't DPS here around anymore? We need substantial information on L124 pretty soon, i.e. rocker profile, stiffness, whom is it for, etc.
    Taking the very rudimentary facts on L124 dispersed by DPS, thoughts may occur that they don't like to sell this ski at all to people who don't jerk off to a DPS just because it's a DPS.
    I have nothing to add on the L124, but I bet if you called them they would answer all of your questions. I would just take it all with a grain of salt

2012-2013 DPS Wailer 112RPC, 192 cm

Reviving this thread just to say how amazing the RPC rips the shit out of alpine pow conditions. I was on many 115ish waisted skis since I've got my first RPC like 4 years ago but I'm still coming back. I've wrecked now my 3rd pair and ordered the dreamtime edition. At least it doesn't say DPS on the topsheet so I might get through unrecognized as intermediate dentist skier. The RPC is like the worst marketed ski ever but at least the bloody fools at DPS didn't discontinue the ski completely.
    I don't even dare to ask if anybody has been on the blue dreamtime version and would like to share some thoughts.
    Last edited by roQer; 01-09-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Have 5-10 resort days on dreamtime RPC 2.0's. The flex pattern on this ski is more round than the Pure3, handles uneven and choppy snow smoother and I'm digging it. Was a bit hesitant to transition from damp hybrid RPC's to the 2.0's but have these mounted with Pivots for dedicated in-bounds use and they handle everything well for a daily driver (even VW sized bumps at Mary Jane). Where the Pure3 has a rather stiff tail relative to the tip (see older Blister reviews) the RPC 2.0 feels a bit softer and more uniform but far from being 'soft' or similar to regular 112's, still has the backbone of the RPC. Also worth noting that the mount-point appears to have moved possible 1-2 cm's forward on the 2.0's.

Currently have RPC P3's with Kingpins for BC and 2.0's for in-bounds and am rather happy with a 2 ski quiver for a change even on the recent rather deep days in CO. Considering selling my 138's and Spoons for a smaller quiver so I would agree, surprised these skis have been all but eliminated from the line-up. Standard 112's can't hang with these guys, had a pair for a season or two and the rather low speed limit was obnoxious and killed the fun.

I adore my 186 P3s for mostly touring (sollyfit). If I had to take one ski on a trip, it would be this. I had 112s for a little while, and these solved all the issues I had with them.

Interesting on the 2.0's. The consensus on here does seem to be mounting them somewhere in front of the line so that makes sense they would move it up.

Totally agree with this being an underrated ski. Probably due to a few bad reviews right when it came out *cough* Blister *cough*. Which is unfortunate. I got a pair this year and don't want to stop skiing them. Haven't tried the 112 RP2 but compared to the 112 pure they seem to fix all my niggles with that ski.

Side note, whatever happened to Marshall Olsen? Does he still work at DPS?

Fuck. Now I want the 2.0s even more

2.0's were marked down $300 at BC.com around the holidays and they honored 12% active junky on top of that. May be worth asking as this gets them well out of the dentist price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Have 5-10 resort days on dreamtime RPC 2.0's. The flex pattern on this ski is more round than the Pure3, handles uneven and choppy snow smoother and I'm digging it.
    good to hear.
    Blew up the original RPC. Got the Pure 3 on warranty, and it was an improvement.

Although I still love the 200cm Lotus 120. Upgraded 2 years ago from the bamboo version to the red topsheet (version 3?) and it just fits my style.

RPC 2.0 sounds great. Damp is good. Esp in a charging ski
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Have 5-10 resort days on dreamtime RPC 2.0's. The flex pattern on this ski is more round than the Pure3, handles uneven and choppy snow smoother and I'm digging it. Was a bit hesitant to transition from damp hybrid RPC's to the 2.0's but have these mounted with Pivots for dedicated in-bounds use and they handle everything well for a daily driver (even VW sized bumps at Mary Jane). Where the Pure3 has a rather stiff tail relative to the tip (see older Blister reviews) the RPC 2.0 feels a bit softer and more uniform but far from being 'soft' or similar to regular 112's, still has the backbone of the RPC. Also worth noting that the mount-point appears to have moved possible 1-2 cm's forward on the 2.0's.

Currently have RPC P3's with Kingpins for BC and 2.0's for in-bounds and am rather happy with a 2 ski quiver for a change even on the recent rather deep days in CO. Considering selling my 138's and Spoons for a smaller quiver so I would agree, surprised these skis have been all but eliminated from the line-up. Standard 112's can't hang with these guys, had a pair for a season or two and the rather low speed limit was obnoxious and killed the fun.
    I emailed DPS back in September, specifically asking about any change in recommended mount point. The reply was NO CHANGE. For the 192cm the line is still 82.5cm from the tail. I measured as well so it is accurate. Mounted +1.5. No snow time yet, as conditions in Europe suck big time.

ola maggots. I'm still rocking my RPC P3s. My pair has become my go-to rock skis as they've taken a serious beating but keep on tickin'. I've JB Welded one tail back together, p-texed the base multiple times, and ground the sh*t outta them. They have been my go to skis in Whistler for the past four seasons and are the best ski I've had for variable big mountain and generally soft snow conditons.

Sitting against my wall is the RPC 2.0 Dreamtime. Haven't mounted them yet. Can't wait. Was thinking Kingpins... but I want these to take over for the P3s when they finally kick it... so probably Dukes. Like whoever said above, I'm thinking of getting a second pair for touring. RPC for me kills it over the RP. I can arc the same turns but unlike the RP basically no speed limit.

Btw, yes, Marshal is deep with DPS and thus mad busy & not on the forums.

As for L124 I haven't skied them yet but might... soon. Have note with this ski the different shaping depending on the core. The Foundation is a lot more of a trad shaping and softer flex than the P3. The Foundation has more rocker in the tail (closer to the RPC), the P3 less (closer to the L120).
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Yeah, let's keep the RPC stoke alive. My RPC 2.0 is waiting for a mount as well. I wonder if the Dreamtime layup is the same as the new Alchemist construction or whatever they call it.

Just from drilling my 2.0's, the core was noticeably different than Pure3. Based upon the information out there so far on Alchemist (http://blistergearreview.com/feature...17-sneak-peeks), I'd say the 2.0 marketing is very similar and it's likely a very similar construction. Seems like Powderworks has been the platform over the last couple of years for new shapes and constructions prior to full release. Rumor has it that the RPC's will be back full-time in the DPS lineup for 17/18.

Reviving this thread just to say how amazing the RPC rips the shit out of alpine pow conditions. I was on many 115ish waisted skis since I've got my first RPC like 4 years ago but I'm still coming back. I've wrecked now my 3rd pair and ordered the dreamtime edition. At least it doesn't say DPS on the topsheet so I might get through unrecognized as intermediate dentist skier. The RPC is like the worst marketed ski ever but at least the bloody fools at DPS didn't discontinue the ski completely.
    I don't even dare to ask if anybody has been on the blue dreamtime version and would like to share some thoughts.
    Bumping this. Got a pair of the new 115 RPC’s to replace L124 A’s and they are superb. The forward mounting point takes a bit of getting used to but blasted about on some old snow on them at the weekend and loved it. Weather is changing so looking forward to some powder laps this weekend.

I still love this ski and it has continued to be my daily driver for several years. Such a great, versatile ski.
    "Dude - I'd kick his ass. I can take my ski-off so fucking fast." - Jongsy

Quote Originally Posted by vinnay View Post
    I still love this ski and it has continued to be my daily driver for several years. Such a great, versatile ski.
    Still kicking my Dreamtime 2.0 pair! They are my standard ride here in Whistler several years running. I also still have the OG grey edition RPC as rock skis; first DPS ski I've had that finally began to lose some camber after about 9 years and more core shots and tail repairs than I can count. Still kickin'.

DPS now has the RPC back in their Powderworks lineup, smaller editions for core shapes, keep an eye on that if you want a pair.

My pair were always mounted "forward" so good to see DPS catch up on the slarvier mount point

Also have Lotus 124 Alchemist, 192cm, going to mount these with Shifts... would love a shorter pair though, my knees need the relief.

How y'all doin'..
    == | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

Wut up Khyber?

Still ski my v2 grey ones quite a bit and love them. The ones sold recently said they had the same shape but list an 18m radius vs the 20/25 the old ones said. Fuzzy math?

Have an og grey pair of pures if anyone’s buying.

Drilled once for pivots at 325

Great ski. But riding lotus 120 high tide, and metal on mixed low tide.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Wut up Khyber?
    Waaasssssssup.

I know, I've only been AWOL for about 7 years or something.

Btw the new RPCs are Pagoda Piste build — damper. Curious to see how they ride. I do wish they were Alchemist as then I'd mount touring bindings, but it makes sense for the ski. The 2.0 are Alchemist. I am hopefully going to be fondling the new Powderwork RPCs shortly, probably mount with Shifts or somesuch for versatility. 185cm, I am toning it down from 191. Get through shite trees and alder easier.

How y'all doin'
    == | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

What a surprise to hear RPC is back. Such an iconic ski and the predecessor of a whole ski category.
    I hope they toned down this extra long tip taper which was a little bit cumbersome on hardpack.