Page 64 of 109 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2714
    FYI: buddies skis got stolen in fernie tonight. 189 seths. Purple vintage w/ old man winter graphics. Jester bindings. Boo-erns. Core shot underfoot patched w/ rectangular black rectangular 1cm x 2cm.
    Going to get drunk(er) to console

Looking for lines

Here looks fuckin sweet

Seymose gets deep

Sam gets contemplative

Then gets sendy

Then 80 wings got demoed by Seymose and I at jiggers.

The one thing we all agreed on is that we need to be better to do the terrain justice.

Quote Originally Posted by m-ruta View Post
    Yikes. Hope he gets his ass handed to him by patrol now and not by mother nature later. Patrol is a hell of a lot more forgiving.

Got a name or description? This guy is obviously as much a hazard to others as he is to himself.
    Huan or Hian, asian in his 40's who makes really poor decisions all the time, shreds alone as I imagine no one wants to deal with his jackassery out there. He said that he has been bumming BC ski towns for 4 years.....How is he not dead?

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Yeah, my roommate gave that guy a ride to the hill a few weeks back, he seemed pretty chill at the time, he was saying something about getting pulled out of CC, based on the time we put it together. A little while ago he showed up at our place and was looking to score some weed or something. Super weird. The guy walked thru Golden till he recognized the car. Dude's fucked.
    Holy shit he is fucked. I'm sure it's easier to find weed here than it is pow. Well with no more pass for the season hopefully he moves on to perhaps Louise, Sunshine or Revy. I hear those trees below the Ripper Chair are absolutely amazing

shiiiiit Trevor well farking played, that is what im talking about!
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Haven't been taking pics lately but here's some from yesterday.

Did some study

Picked up some hoar....although she wasn't putting out as she's seems to be asleep for the time being

Excercised patience, although it was tough

Skied amongst some great views

Went back for more

Got a nice pitch of steep and deep

...and some nice tree skiing to end it off.

Back to the pass, skied puff daddy. Ended up on a different line, which was totally sweet still with tons of nice pillow zones, but it was so foggy that a 3 ft drop 5 ft infront of me was not seen. A 20 ft cliff appeared to have no bottom. Snow is still great, couldn't get movement on the compression test. Noticed one little block cut out really cleanly amongst the sluff when skiing, think it'll be pretty sketchy once the snow consolidates.

Anybody want to come out to RP tomorrow for day 3? Work is looming for me but Seymose isn't up to more skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Beta on Snowy Mt Alpine Tours out of Blue River,BC (http://www.snowymountain.ca/). Anyone have any info on this operator? Looks like this is their first year, so hard to find any feedback on the operation. Good op? Good terrain? Looked at the zone in google earth but eyes on the ground are always better. thanks.
    I did my ast 1 and 2 with those guys. For the AST2 we stayed in the yurt in the north blue (caribous) as the chalet wasn't built yet. Picked them pretty much at random based on what I knew back then about snowfall and terrain. The terrain is pretty sick (kinda tricky maybe) if you're into skimo type stuff and they get more snow than most other places around here. Lots of steeps in massive coastal type trees/old growth forest, cliffs, pillows where we skiied. Guides were pretty chill and very experienced. Ive been meaning to head back one of these days.
    Last edited by theshredder; 01-27-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    I did my ast 1 and 2 with those guys. For the AST2 we stayed in the yurt in the north blue (caribous) as the chalet wasn't built yet. Picked them pretty much at random based on what I knew back then about snowfall and terrain. The terrain is pretty sick (kinda tricky maybe) if you're into skimo type stuff and they get more snow than most other places around here. Lots of steeps in massive coastal type trees/old growth forest, cliffs, pillows where we skiied. Guides were pretty chill and very experienced. Ive been meaning to head back one of these days.

Nice work T2C, Getting real good with that purdy camera of yours. Storm coming with two days off yeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaw!
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

No one talking about Fernie? 50cm in the past 48h? How is it skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    No one talking about Fernie? 50cm in the past 48h? How is it skiing?
    It was really really nice although you would still hit rain crust lower down. Bear chair was broken most of the day with the people unlucky enough to get on it yesterday, having to be roped off. Lots of the old side was closed. I got so many face shots in cougar glass and window chutes that my face was getting cold

Fernie was pretty awesome today, I would say the best snow was over in Snake Ridge. The high traverse was closed so it was a bit of a slog getting over there, but worth it. It was mostly thigh deep with a few turns that were chest deep! We're supposed to get another 20cm tonight!

Fernie was awesome today. I skied Siberia, Timber, Currie and thought the snow was stellar. Didn't hit any crust but maybe I float like a butterfly when I'm on the Mavens.

It's been awhile since I've skied during the week. Man do I envy you guys that can get out during the week and avoid weekends. I had faceshots all day. Wasn't hard to find fresh. Like the Dr. said, supposed to get more tonight. The next few days could be pretty sweet down there.

Getting real good with that purdy camera of yours
    Getting? Oh it's been gotten thanks.

Mex, will post those to facebook later for ya. You're old man eye wrinkles are showing...I can remove those in post for $50 lol.

Back to the pass, skied puff daddy. Ended up on a different line, which was totally sweet still with tons of nice pillow zones, but it was so foggy that a 3 ft drop 5 ft infront of me was not seen. A 20 ft cliff appeared to have no bottom. Snow is still great, couldn't get movement on the compression test. Noticed one little block cut out really cleanly amongst the sluff when skiing, think it'll be pretty sketchy once the snow consolidates.

Anybody want to come out to RP tomorrow for day 3? Work is looming for me but Seymose isn't up to more skiing.
    We skiid puff daddy the day before, just as the fog was comming in, skiid up to those huge pillows in the center going full speed almost going off... That line is sketch in bad vis. Friday was the best day of this storm though, perhaps of all time haha, i have never skiid snow that fluffy.

On another note, Im in RP every weekend, so if you're ever short of a partner give me a shout.

50cm...not sure how in the fuck I missed that. Must not have been paying attention. That's ok though, I don't feel THAT bad.

Wife had a good time

How can you not be smiling when the snows coming in?

The skiing was perfectly acceptable

really nice piece of terrain up there

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Getting? Oh it's been gotten thanks.

Mex, will post those to facebook later for ya. You're old man eye wrinkles are showing...I can remove those in post for $50 lol.
    You'd have touch up the grey in the goatee as well

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    What mtn/resort is that?

I might be going to Lake Louise Mar 8-10 during the junior freeskiing comp. Sorta looking for a place to stay, not sure if there's room with the juniors and their fams. Sounds like hotels are pretty full, and more than I want to spend with just me in a room. Any suggestions for a place to stay, lines to ski, stuff to do? Will be skiing with a couple friends who are there with their kid in the comp, probably staying in-bounds, but a quick side lap could work. I've never been to LL, excited to check out a new place!

Good to know Skipirate. I'm thinking friday/sat should be pretty sweet.

Sparkle- that's LL, looking at part of the backside and Larch.

Another good day in the pass, broke trail most of the way up the Bostock summer trail and then the rest of the way to McGill pass solo. 6.5km/ 1300m is about my limit, got to the top of the pass just 15 mins before my turn-around time. Was hoping to scope McGill N, but the vis wasn't anywhere near good enough to see.

ski cut Gorbi East and Steep & Deep this morning and at one point was in the White room for what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only 3 seconds. Sensational. Hope we can get at least the 20 cm again tonight to freshen her back up.
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Getting all spontanious and driving up to Fernie tonight from LL, should be in the parking lot around 2am and will hopefully be up for first chair. Look for a long haired hippy in a Purple toyota 4 runner. Weoooo Stokeeeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    ...Any suggestions for a place to stay...!
    http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels...-011028.en.htm

Sparkle- that's LL, looking at part of the backside and Larch.
    it looks better than the map! it looked a bit barren on there, all those trees are nice to see.

great, thanks! and it's just up the street from where my friends will be at the LL Inn.

I'll hit you rockiers up again closer to the date for other suggestions like eating and skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    I might be going to Lake Louise Mar 8-10 during the junior freeskiing comp. Sorta looking for a place to stay, not sure if there's room with the juniors and their fams. Sounds like hotels are pretty full, and more than I want to spend with just me in a room. Any suggestions for a place to stay, lines to ski, stuff to do? Will be skiing with a couple friends who are there with their kid in the comp, probably staying in-bounds, but a quick side lap could work. I've never been to LL, excited to check out a new place!

skibee and I have an extra bedroom at our place in banff for you. 60 km drive from banff to LL, but good roads.

Thanks for that nice offer! I'll be getting a ride with a friend though, so no car to commute, and I want to be able to hang in her hotel's pool/hot tub every night, have bevies, etc.