Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Music Thread

First time you heard something? Liked it? Post it up.

I actually heard this yesterday and started a lame thread about it, so, restart.

I have to advise you to avert your eyes during the closeups. the rest of the video ain't bad. Obviously a Jersey girl, at least at heart, but she can SANG.

Dig the cool 60's vibe.

B side. Kinda like it too.

After being deluged by his Mountain Dew ads, I finally broke down and decided to check out Mac Miller. Having been involved in the Golden Era of Rap as both a radio DJ and a journalist, I'm always a bit hesitant about the new stuff and more so when the artist is sponsored by some mainstream soda. But I gotta say, Mac Miller delivers on his mixtapes (I highly recommend K.I.D.S. and the other "Official" ones that can be downloaded here: http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-sear...miller&x=0&y=0)

He's one of the few new kids on the block that is not only contemporary, but also seems to have an old soul. For such a young cat he has solid respect for the genre and seems to embrace the past while moving forward (i.e. he knows his rap music history).

I totally dig the playfulness and ode to the likes of De La Soul and DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (not to mention kid has a Son of Bezerk album hanging on his wall!) in this track:

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

kinda mellow, but i dig it

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Yeah it's groovy baby. Obviously intentionally so, I mean check the boots. And "Groovy Uncle" is the producer. But I like it.

Silent....but shredly.

I liked this one, thanks Pandora:

I'm not even gonna lie, this right here might be the best rap song of the summer:

Are you Gangnam style?

To the Thingmajigger!

Man Parrish

-new to me, so Fresh!
    I never heard of this guy before, but it is obvious that many hip hop artists bite his style, and have done so for decades.
    He truly deserves credit.

Last edited by DeathVan; 08-31-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Well, Rapper's Delight" came out 3 years earlier, Kurtis Blow's "The Breaks" two years, so although he didn't begin the movement he influenced it at the very least. His album did come out at the same time as Grandmaster Flash's "The Message." Odd that I never heard of him either, since I started DJing just a few years later and had all that stuff in my record cases.

Just read his wiki and it seems he was a big influence at the beginning of Electro and later Techno...

It still blows me away that we'd have none of this without Kraftwerk, tho.

Looking forward to this album.

Listening to Of Monsters and Men yesterday, I found myself wondering if Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir might replace Bjork in Jer's affections.

To the Thingmajigger!

Joseph Aurthur teams up with Jeff Ament in a new band/side project called RNDM. The first song here "King of Cleveland" been getting some play on the local station, and is another one of those songs the kind of does it for me right now.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Got into this headbanging Complextro stuff over the summer. Mainly because me and Splat were on one of the biggest loudest raddest soundcamps on the playa.

Someone's channeling their inner Siouxsie and the Banshees:

Turns out these guys have been around for a while so it's just new-to-me, but this is from their 2011 release "Cannibal Courtship". Give it a few seconds to get going.

If you dig Dengue Fever, might I humbly suggest Deerhoof?

http://deerhoof.net/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Caught this on Letterman the other night and dug the shit out of it. This is as good a thread as any to post it in. Tear-it-up party music:

I like Big Boi^^^.

Saw the Black Keys New Years Eve, these guys opened for them. This band formed in 2012, put an album out, got on Letterman and now they're on tour with the Black Keys, all in the past year. They're doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    After being deluged by his Mountain Dew ads, I finally broke down and decided to check out Mac Miller. Having been involved in the Golden Era of Rap as both a radio DJ and a journalist, I'm always a bit hesitant about the new stuff and more so when the artist is sponsored by some mainstream soda. But I gotta say, Mac Miller delivers on his mixtapes (I highly recommend K.I.D.S. and the other "Official" ones that can be downloaded here: http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-sear...miller&x=0&y=0)

He's one of the few new kids on the block that is not only contemporary, but also seems to have an old soul. For such a young cat he has solid respect for the genre and seems to embrace the past while moving forward (i.e. he knows his rap music history).

I totally dig the playfulness and ode to the likes of De La Soul and DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (not to mention kid has a Son of Bezerk album hanging on his wall!) in this track:

Mac miller is good. A buddy of mine does security for Rostrum records back in PGH and i starting hearing him years ago, glad he's getting heard more (probably due in part to Wiz Khalifa's success)

http://youtu.be/a-rqu-hjobc

Kool aid and frozen pizza

http://youtu.be/0xuEhQ9GbI0