Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    I would try out Terramar sometime. There was one guy forward and inside of me that kept turning around and paddling for every swell and pulling back and never riding a wave, kind of annoying, so I finally just blew him off and went whenever I wanted to go.

Question - why do people rinse off their surfboards?
    Terramar can be fun on a south swell. My Friday am pals like to surf it in the summer. If your up for a Friday 6:45am session with the 50 year old guys, I could pm you next time we are going.

Good lesson just learned to blow off the kook and go. And I have no idea, other than they want the sand off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

My board is a surftech softtop and has a thin pad-like layer centered over the hard rails. I was told to rinse off the saltwater after every use. Sounds like full hardboards don't need that treatment though.

how do you like the softop? i've always enjoyed them. keep thinking about the 6'6" soft tech i rode yesterday. wicked fun!

rog

I'm probably not the best person to ask, or at least this isn't the best time. It's my first board and I've spent a total of an hour on it.

It's a 10'0'' barge that isn't easy on the arms when not in the water, but the soft top adds full length traction without having to wax and a bit of padding for when I inevitably do something stupid and hit my face to the board. Hoping to spend a lot of time in the water to get my skills up and eventually re-sell it to move down in size. Not looking like anytime soon though.

rode this one yesterday in tiny surf. fly down the line! turn on a dime!

http://www.barewiresurfshop.com/cate...s/Soft-Boards/

rog

Quote Originally Posted by CabbieMcJones View Post
    I'm probably not the best person to ask, or at least this isn't the best time. It's my first board and I've spent a total of an hour on it.

It's a 10'0'' barge that isn't easy on the arms when not in the water, but the soft top adds full length traction without having to wax and a bit of padding for when I inevitably do something stupid and hit my face to the board. Hoping to spend a lot of time in the water to get my skills up and eventually re-sell it to move down in size. Not looking like anytime soon though.
    not having to wax is so great. good choice for learning fer sure. i may buy one this weekend. had as much or more fun that any 1000+ dollar longboard i've tried. the 6'6" isn't very wide which is nice when going rail to rail. the thing takes off like nobodys business. i should take it to the rivermouth at a coupla feet ohead get into em so early

rog

oops, here's the correct link

http://www.softechsoftboards.com/sof.../handshaped-66

rog

For me personally...

I like to rinse off my boards to try and get all the salt water & sand off in-case there is a ding that I don’t know about. Salt water just fucks everything up in my opinion so washing it off is always in your best interest, plus, surf gear is so fucking delicate and super expensive so I like to take care of it as best as I can.

Different strokes though
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Ok, interesting. I just stopped wrapping my leash around the fin on ottime's advice, so we'll see if I start giving my board a bath - I'm not so much into cleanliness. I pretty much have to force myself under the shower for the sake of my wetsuit and I really wrecked my hair last year leaving the salt water in it.

I spent most of last summer on a big soft top, could barely carry it. So happy my 9' longboard fits under my arm.

I bought an 8' foam wavestorm from costco last summer. I could never manage it, but the guy I was with enjoyed it a lot but needed a wave with a little more energy to get it going.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Jeez I feel really embarrassed to have so many threads on the front page of this forum.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Don't worry, we are in the same demgraphic. I would def like to join sometime.

I think I officially fell in love with Tourmaline this morning. Half the people out there midweek, so that's good to know. The wave was just so pretty and peeling over for such a long time. And I felt like I could finally start to understand it a little. I managed to get moving sideways on the green wall, but not standing up, rode the wave on my belly with everything all crooked. It was so awesome I came in with a huge grin on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Terramar can be fun on a south swell. My Friday am pals like to surf it in the summer. If your up for a Friday 6:45am session with the 50 year old guys, I could pm you next time we are going.
    Henry David Thoreau

I'm not so much into cleanliness.

rog

Hehe, yeah, dirty girl alert.
    Henry David Thoreau

love it!

rog