Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 93 of 93
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,844
    Got a TDI wagon, 45 miles to gallon. Really love it.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38
    We have a Chevy Traverse and its been great for our 2 toddlers. I realize its not a Touaeg but the Buick Enclave is very nice. We have the awd version and the mileage isn't great but it is a huge vehicle. We just did a 1300 mile trip and averaged 18 with a cargo box on top, cargo rack on back, 3 adults and 2 kids. The reason we went for the Traverse is the third row and the amount of storage available behind the third row. With our two toddlers, we needed a double side by side jogging stroller (which you'll also want) and it would fit in the traverse with the third row up.

    Also, since we got the third row, its been very handy and we've used it alot.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Summit County
    Posts
    313
    Bumping this - last comment in 2012...Could also fit in the what car now thread. Several interesting events in the TDI world and was wondering how the Touaregs have been treating everyone.

    1) Obviously, the well known diesel gate fix that slightly impacted fuel economy and potentially power, but its still a great motor.
    2) Buyback. I know several people who essentially made money turning in their beloved TDIs, but regret it.

    Compelling reason to go this route:
    1) they wont be bringing the TDIs to the states for some time/maybe never.
    2) CANNOT stand my Tacoma any longer. Perhaps living @ 10k may make the motor worse, but even in Denver, my '17 TRD is exactly that - a turd...
    3) Q5 TDIs are super hard to come by. I had one held, but it was in Tulsa. No deals to be had and this one didnt have a factory receiver hitch - which is ~$1,500
    4) Towing for camper/hunt rigs likely is substantially better than most, including some full size trucks (anecdotal).
    5) Touaregs seem to have great snow drivability, TDI has ample power and can be had with decent warranty still on powertrain + emissions (due to diesel-gate).

    Where are the previous owners at with these now?

    thx

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,113

    Talk me out of this: buying a TDI Touareg...

    Recently bought the 3.0 TDI Cayenne. Itís everything I dreamed it to be. Iíve got another Pcar so Iím always on the Porsche forum Rennlist. On there everyday owners were gushing over the diesel to the point I had a hard look and it checked all my boxís. The deal sealer is the amazing warranty associated to dieselgate. Every car has an automatic extra 2 yr bumper to bumper. If you buy a Certified pre-own from Porsche the warranty goes additional 4 on top of that (in some cases).
    So in the end my Cayenne has a 10 yr unlimited bumper to bumper Porsche factory warranty. In my case till 6/25 then additional 2 yr on powertrain (12 yr powertrain). So for 8 years from now I just roll into dealership no worries.

    The driving and handling are on another level. The towing is strong up passes and at elevation.

    Hereís the best but difficult part. Get a Ď15 theyíre rare but itís the last year and had the Porsche facelift. This ride will hold its value for a long time. When I bought over the summer there were only 10 such CPO Cayenneís nationwide and I went all they way to Jacksonville and drove home to Seattle. 32.6 mpg on the trip and 5 tanks to make it almost 3,000 miles at 80 mph avg and <3 days. Itís a rare beauty. Diesel Porsche.

    Then totally debadge it for a low key look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4190.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	808.1 KB 
ID:	293992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4056.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	652.8 KB 
ID:	293993

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    5,829
    I would ping Yooper. He traded for a newer one from the one he posted about in this thread right during the TDI scandal and came out really well with the discounts and a huge gift card I think.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,109
    I see a blue 911 on Union Hill Road sometimes. I'll wave next time.
    With 150k on the s4, I'm pondering a cayenne but I want something lower.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,113

    Talk me out of this: buying a TDI Touareg...

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I see a blue 911 on Union Hill Road sometimes. I'll wave next time.
    With 150k on the s4, I'm pondering a cayenne but I want something lower.
    Donít wave- stick your thumb out for a ride!
    No hyperbole I would have a hard time choosing between keeping one of those cars, the Cayenne is that good/useful.
    Itís also my wifeís daily when she doesnít walk or bike to work. We could not make use of a 3/4 diesel truck for our living. And donít have to.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,806
    I love that S4, Buster. CLís rig ainít so bad I guess


  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,301
    Wifeís 15 Q5 TDI has been great and ended up being almost 12k cheaper than an Allroad. , after the cash back.
    Donít add an aftermarket tow package to any VW. Too many electronic gremlins.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,326
    Cycology1 - go to the TDI club forums online and go into the touareg threads. You'll be up to speed pretty quick with pre/post dieselgate opinions there.

    I love my 2.0 VW JSW TDI. Got 47 mpg coming down a long pass and flat valley over 65 miles, yesterday. And diesel is cheaper here right now.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,109
    I love my manual s4, it's a 2006 v8; not so fast off the line, but the 60-90 acceleration is raw and the balance on slick roads is fantastic.

    With the lack of selection in awd manual station wagons, it's either some suv like thing or a new engine and refurb of the s4 at some point.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    12,303
    This might just be a montana thing: Recently seen a couple TDI Touaregs that have been modded/deleted/re-piped to sound like fucking 3500 Cummins. Fucking awesome really.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,848
    Love the TDI Cayenne, but really prefer a wagon that my old dogs can easily jump into and the driving dynamics of a non SUV. Retiring in 2020, so scaling back the price point I will pay. Not a big fan of the looks, but a 2014/16 Merc 350 wagon seems to check off the boxes I need for around $30k. I wish it was a TDI, but that is a pipe dream in N.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I love my manual s4, it's a 2006 v8; not so fast off the line, but the 60-90 acceleration is raw and the balance on slick roads is fantastic.

    With the lack of selection in awd manual station wagons, it's either some suv like thing or a new engine and refurb of the s4 at some point.

    Der Outey quadchainenstretchen (mit nur einem kaputt) :


    Name:  V8_audi_timing_chain_failure_repair_1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  124.0 KB


    It's like taxation with representation on those who like raw 60-90 pull, and fantastic balance on slick roads in a wagon with Bavarian winter sports cachet.


    https://redlinespeedworx.com/blog/au...the-real-story

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Summit County
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I would ping Yooper. He traded for a newer one from the one he posted about in this thread right during the TDI scandal and came out really well with the discounts and a huge gift card I think.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Cool, will do. Unfortunately, the original owners banked the scandal bribe...

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Summit County
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Recently bought the 3.0 TDI Cayenne. Itís everything I dreamed it to be. Iíve got another Pcar so Iím always on the Porsche forum Rennlist. On there everyday owners were gushing over the diesel to the point I had a hard look and it checked all my boxís. The deal sealer is the amazing warranty associated to dieselgate. Every car has an automatic extra 2 yr bumper to bumper. If you buy a Certified pre-own from Porsche the warranty goes additional 4 on top of that (in some cases).
    So in the end my Cayenne has a 10 yr unlimited bumper to bumper Porsche factory warranty. In my case till 6/25 then additional 2 yr on powertrain (12 yr powertrain). So for 8 years from now I just roll into dealership no worries.

    The driving and handling are on another level. The towing is strong up passes and at elevation.

    Hereís the best but difficult part. Get a Ď15 theyíre rare but itís the last year and had the Porsche facelift. This ride will hold its value for a long time. When I bought over the summer there were only 10 such CPO Cayenneís nationwide and I went all they way to Jacksonville and drove home to Seattle. 32.6 mpg on the trip and 5 tanks to make it almost 3,000 miles at 80 mph avg and <3 days. Itís a rare beauty. Diesel Porsche.

    Then totally debadge it for a low key look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4190.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	808.1 KB 
ID:	293992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4056.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	652.8 KB 
ID:	293993
    That is nice! U solved the repair issue, which was my biggest point of concern.

    Oh and yeah, debadged it looks like a kia haha

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    debadged it looks like a kia haha
    I guess. Maybe to a non-car guy. I like the clean understated look. The aim is to fool for Touareg type in the ski lot and avoid being a target when parked around shady neighborhoods.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Summit County
    Posts
    313
    That was a joke.. super nice looking cae and performance to boot. Ive put my search on hold til i get back from my biz trip and am going to add the P to my search

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •