Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I have an ‘85 Rockhopper and an ‘03 4Runner. Can I move to the north end?

Disclosure: I turned down a promotion to Boise (NIFC), because my (ultra liberal) wife said “Enjoy Idaho…by yourself.”
    Sound like no. You cannot move to the north end.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Sound like no. You cannot move to the north end.
    Dammit. The Bench then? Because no way Meridian.

Is your 4th gen a V8 limited or no?

Rockhopper have roxshox or rigid?

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

Rockshox didn’t even exist in ‘85

Exactly.

OG is cool points.

Upgrading to a RS Quadra when it came out is not.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Um…no.

Rigid. I’m headed for Meridian, aren’t I? Fuckit then.

But I do know a lot of people there, on accounta wildfire.

Boise is a cool town imo. One of my best friends lives there. Amazing bc skiing an hour away. Safe 30 deg stuff. Sawtooths are unreal. Banner summit area amazing bc skiing as well. Striking distance to so much incredible mountains etc.

Bogus is underrated and has amazing Nordic skiing. The singletrack outside of the north end is plush. It's dry and sunny all the time.

My good friend would be happy to fill you in. Super solid guy. Great kids who are ripping skiers at 8/10 yrs old.

There are a million worse places to live than Boise.

I'm not sure how to score
    OG Rigid rockhopper, cantis, maybe Onza bar ends?

The Greater Idaho Movement is creepy as fuck.

^ I find it highly entertaining. Like most political shit.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    How is max ever going to know which townie is the most retro and which artisan wooden boat restoration project to tackle with all you geriatrics arguing?

Let's start a GoFundMe for max to start buying 9$ kumbuchas
    life’s too short for wooden boats, fool

Anyone in boise have a Salomon jig that will do a warden 13? Have done plenty of paper templates and want to compare if it’s worth investing. Thanks!

SANDPOINT, Idaho (CBS2) — Lawmakers on Monday responded to a North Idaho hospital’s decision to stop providing labor and delivery services, citing staffing shortage and Idaho's political climate.

Pregnant women in North Idaho will soon have fewer options for healthcare, with the only hospital in Sandpoint ending its obstetrical services.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/law...ivery-services

Well, well, well, if it isn’t the consequences of our own actions…

Just go to the nearest church, they got it covered.

Moving to Boise - What do I need to know?

Not moving to Boise, but curious when the trails in the foothills are normally in each spring? I need a bike trip pronto and southern UT is a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Not moving to Boise, but curious when the trails in the foothills are normally in each spring? I need a bike trip pronto and southern UT is a long way.
    Considering Boise has been getting moisture all this winter season, currently the only good trails are the Greenbelt if you don't want to fuck up the trails and leave giant ruts on your ride. The sandier and rockier trails like lower Hulls Gulch is a good option for this time of year, but any trails that cross through areas of clay soil and north facing trails like some of Polecat Gulch aren't appropriate for riding currently. If you like riding sand sidewalks, some of the trails in Military Reserve are plenty sandy and Sidewinder might be an OK option. The moto trails are probably good to go (Trail 4) but still probably have a lot of snow on them. Don't be a trail terrorist.

We'd normally be riding the lower stuff right now. Too wet to make a worthwhile trip out of it I would think...at least for awhile. A couple more weeks for most stuff to open up if it stopped raining now but looks like it's going to keep raining for the foreseeable forecast. Our trails don't handle water well and the influx of new people has them pretty roughed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    SANDPOINT, Idaho (CBS2) — Lawmakers on Monday responded to a North Idaho hospital’s decision to stop providing labor and delivery services, citing staffing shortage and Idaho's political climate.

Pregnant women in North Idaho will soon have fewer options for healthcare, with the only hospital in Sandpoint ending its obstetrical services.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/law...ivery-services
    Not that this isn't news (and shitty, I have several friends in Sandpoint), but that is over 8 hours away from Boise.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Considering Boise has been getting moisture all this winter season, currently the only good trails are the Greenbelt if you don't want to fuck up the trails and leave giant ruts on your ride. The sandier and rockier trails like lower Hulls Gulch is a good option for this time of year, but any trails that cross through areas of clay soil and north facing trails like some of Polecat Gulch aren't appropriate for riding currently. If you like riding sand sidewalks, some of the trails in Military Reserve are plenty sandy and Sidewinder might be an OK option. The moto trails are probably good to go (Trail 4) but still probably have a lot of snow on them. Don't be a trail terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    We'd normally be riding the lower stuff right now. Too wet to make a worthwhile trip out of it I would think...at least for awhile. A couple more weeks for most stuff to open up if it stopped raining now but looks like it's going to keep raining for the foreseeable forecast. Our trails don't handle water well and the influx of new people has them pretty roughed up.
    Appreciate the info.

I have no interest in driving 6 hours to ride muddy trails so you don’t have to worry about 1 more trail terrorist. Figured the foothills would be in a good couple weeks before Pocatello due to the aspect, so mid April sounds about right.

Was looking around for TGR premier date in Boise (which I could swear I saw last week was like sept 16). Figured i'd check inhere w/ update that we bought a sweet ass house in Harris Ranch--quiet enough neighborhood away from the crunchiness of the north end but still stuff going on, and I think hiking trails are about 10-15 min walk from my front door. So freaking stoked.

At any rate, see you fools at the premier with my boy (if the site gets going again and we can get tickets...??). He's already talking about "riding da chairliff dis year dada", so we will most certainly be promptly picking up Bogus passes soon after arrival in town. Labor Day will be sweet for us G-men this year.

I'm assuming MSP usually comes to Boise, as well ya?
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

When I spent a winter in Idaho we drove over with the whole family for the Warren Miller at Sun Valley. It was early, Thanksgiving weekend, so just a few groomers open, but rooms in the lodge are cheap. There’s something special about walking the halls of a hotel where Hemingway liked to write and seeing a Warren Miller film in the ski town that started it all. I highly recommend.

Coverage at bogus pretty darn good this morning

Fingers crossed rain isn’t too deleterious this weel

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

My best bud set the Nordic track a couple weeks ago, city of 800k, noone skiing. Boise is weird like that.

Edit. 300k. Still..