Went to local Costco last night and

they have winter shit out already, specifically mens and womens soft shell jackets for$25. Got me another soft shell jacket and arm load of merino wool socks. They also had womens down vests for $22.
    watch out for snakes

how do you like their merino socks? I was going to try some this year after really disappointing results with smartwool not holding up

The Kirkland or Costco brand socks are great, they hold up well and are warm. I have several sets I bought 3 years ago and they are still in frontline use.

They are fairly thick socks so they might not work the best in ski boots but for everyday and hiking they are the tits.
    watch out for snakes

I've been wearing their merino blend socks for several years and they've worn very, very well. I haven't worn any of them out yet. They're not a great looking sock in that they pill significantly, but I love them, no longer buy any of the other brands for hiking or general winter wear.

X3 or whatever on the Costco/Kirkland hiking socks. They used to sell them under the "Head" brand, but now just under Kirkland -- as far as I can tell, the same socks.

Also, those Kirkland-branded softshell jackets they got this year are really nice for casual use. Made in Vietnam, stitching is nice, waterproof zippers, hidden waist drawcord. Not a ski jacket, as the cuffs don't have any type of closure (velcro or stretchy) to keep snow out. Also no pit zips or hood. Black, gray, and olive green colors in men's jackets.

Sizing seems to run large and boxy; a medium fit me with a little space to spare, and I usually wear a large. For $25, seems like a great buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I went to my local Costco last night and watched all the desperate Cougars compete for attention.

I also picked up some salmon, love Costco

I saw softshell pants today for $20 and they seemed really good for the price. Certainly nothing technical about them, but they'd be great for someone starting out that doesn't want to invest a ton in gear. Anyone seen them? Thoughts??

i have one of the kirkland soft shell jackets and it’s a nice piece for the price. it’s my go to under the dry top for fall surf fishing.

Local costco had some spy goggles for $25 that didn't look terrible.

The 32 degrees baselayers at Costco are a pretty good deal at $6 a piece. Think I've got about 5 of them now.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk