Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thieves Suck - SLC

Found my passenger side window smashed this morning when I went to leave for work. Luckily, I had put my bike in the garage, but they grabbed my pack full of gear. I'm in Sandy @ ~2020E & 10300S which is usually a pretty safe neighborhood. If you're in the area, be sure to bring your shit in every night since I'm guessing they were just making their way through every vehicle in the area with something inside.

If you happen to see any of this gear on KSL, Craigslist, etc, please give me a shout.

Arc'teryx Alpha SL Jacket Red, Men's Large
    Osprey Packs Manta 20 Hydration Pack Storm Gray, M/L
    Smith Escapade Sunglasses Grey, Photochromic - Polarized
    661 Recon Helmet Matte White, Sm/Md
    Lezyne SV10 Multi-Tool Polish, One Size
    Crankbrothers Alloy Power Pump Black
    Mammut Lucido TR1 Headlamp Red, One Size
    Fox Dirtpaw Gloves Black, Large
    Lezyne Trigger Speed Drive Co2 Inflator Silver, One Size
    Mammut Dyneema Contact Sling - 8mm 60cm
    CAMP USA Orbit Screw Gate Carabiner Bronze
    Adventure Medical First Aid Kit 0.3
    Lezyne Lever Kit Lite Grey
    Cutter Premium MTB Tube 26x1.75 (1 of 4)
    SRAM PowerLink Chain Connector 9-Speed (1 of 4)

Not cool! That is a bummer, didn't you have your bike stolen a year or 2 ago too?

Also not cool because we are pretty much in the same neighborhood. I don't even lock my truck at night, guess I need to start doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I don't even lock my truck at night, guess I need to start doing that.
    good to know! thanks!

super bummer connor! sorry to hear it man.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Got the window knocked out of my cherokee a couple weeks ago. I live close to Liberty park, so I guess it's a little more expected here, but not fun. Took my XM radio (dumb thing to steal) and a Marmot fleece that was like 10 years old. Sounds like you fared worse. Sucks.
    Looking California, feeling Minnesota.

Also, for those who leave vehicles outside at night... don't leave a garage door opener in the car.

I'm about a mile North of you. Our neighborhood got hit about a year ago... close to 2 dozen cars including my brother's truck that I had barrowed. Nothing to take; but, they still screwed me by braking the dome lamp out because it wouldn't shut off.

edit to add... SLC is by no means a bullit ridden city; but, theft like this happens from the nice homes in the foothills to the armpits of the valley. Nice neighborhood or not, they all get targeted. yes, thieves suck!

Not cool! That is a bummer, didn't you have your bike stolen a year or 2 ago too?
    Fortunately, not me. I had my entire car full of gear stolen when I lived in CO ~15-years ago, but this is the first issue since I moved to UT.

I almost wish I left it unlocked so they could just take it with out breaking the damn window. Crack heads.

Sorry to hear.. I had my window knocked out @ the Millcreek Park & Ride last Fall while riding Crest at 4pm. They took all my 661 samples, Iphone, old hoodies. It sucked but at least my Insurance was awesome to deal with. Good luck.
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

Different part of the world but,.... I had my window popped because dopey me left the gps out ... And my door was unlocked.... Thieving crackheads suck indeed.

Bummer. My neighbor got her Golf smashed into on Friday night. Had my truck and boat out in front of my house full of gear, but they left it alone and stole her iPod. We live two blocks from Liberty Park, too.

Normally my truck is empty and unlocked, just to avoid someone breaking my window to snoop around.

Looks like a crime spree weekend:
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21688310&nid...cid=featured-1
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Yeah, Sandy isn't the Mo Mo haven we all think it is. I live just a little south of the OP and had my garage burglarized a few years ago. Wife comes home and leaves the garage door open while she runs in to lay some cable. Some dirtbags pull up into the driveway and grab everything that they could carry. Tools, gear, my bike bag.... with ALL MY FUCKING KEYS. Sadly, my neighbor watched it happen and did nothing. Moral of the story, I wouldn't be leaving my shit unsecured..... even in Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Moral of the story, my neighbor is a useless fucking waste of space
    I'd make sure my dogs shit on their yard every day if my neighbor did that.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Yeah, Sandy isn't the Mo Mo haven we all think it is. I live just a little south of the OP and had my garage burglarized a few years ago. Wife comes home and leaves the garage door open while she runs in to lay some cable. Some dirtbags pull up into the driveway and grab everything that they could carry. Tools, gear, my bike bag.... with ALL MY FUCKING KEYS. Sadly, my neighbor watched it happen and did nothing. Moral of the story, I wouldn't be leaving my shit unsecured..... even in Sandy.
    Anecdotally, I think Sandy/Cottonwood Heights/Millcreek get hit way harder/more often by thieves than SLC proper. It wouldn't seem that way on the surface, but I've seen/heard about theft in those areas far more than University district/Sugarhouse/downtown.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    I tend to think of theft in a weird way, the areas you think are the most secure are often the ones that get hit the hardest because they know people aren't going to do shit. when i worked in soho manhattan, bikes used to get ripped off left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Anecdotally, I think Sandy/Cottonwood Heights/Millcreek get hit way harder/more often by thieves than SLC proper. It wouldn't seem that way on the surface, but I've seen/heard about theft in those areas far more than University district/Sugarhouse/downtown.
    I don't know if I buy that logic. I think the city areas get hit just as much. It's just expected and therefore not a real talker.

I'd make sure my dogs shit on their yard every day if my neighbor did that.
    As for my neighbor, unfortunately I don't have dogs....

Dude, fuck that. I've only ever driven beaters and have never gotten a window smashed. Sorry to hear all that got jacked.

If I can help out by sending a little flow, I'd be happy to do so. PM me a PP or home addy and I'll get something out by the end of the week. Won't be an exorbitant amount but it'll help buy some of your shit back that insurance might not cover.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Thanks dude--I appreciate it. I've had a couple other very generous offers to help out as well. Between insurance and my work discount though, it's probably less painful for me to replace this shit than it would be for others on here. I'll let you save the help for someone that might need it more than me.

I pretty much accepted the loss right away when I saw the shattered glass. I'm really just more concerned about trying to track down the d-bags that did it so that they don't mess with anyone else. I know the cops won't do anything unless you spoon feed them leads, so if I can point them towards someone trying to sell my shit, that's all I'm really hoping for.

In Park City I've been hit twice in three years. The last time they got both of our cars. Nothing like waking up and finding out you just threw away $500 in glass and mylar so some tweaker could get $30 worth of stuff from your car. I work hard for my money. I really want to take a bat to one of these guys.

Drugs are bad. My summer neighbors seem to think that everyone's stuff on our lake become theirs once the winter rolls around. but its just stuff like shovels and extension cords... but once we found or door mat on their door.

Best thing to do is get a camera installed in the car. it helps with scammer accidents as well.

This just happened to four cars on my street (Avenues). Don't keep anything in your car.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

I was going to post a new thread, but it's probably better here. Hope this eases the pain and gives you an idea how to get it back. Fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GVp...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    I was going to post a new thread, but it's probably better here. Hope this eases the pain and gives you an idea how to get it back. Fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GVp...e_gdata_player
    Video embedded. It is truly awesome. Note use of the Burner iPhone app, as well as iPhone video features, to aid in bike's recovery and dickhead's arrest on a felony.

Excellent.... The comments from youtubers making excuses for this jackass are pathetic ....

Yikes, 50 more cars were hit last night:
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21730733&nid...&s_cid=queue-1
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

The guys I almost caught last time at my house were in a white Altima.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Yikes, 50 more cars were hit last night:
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21730733&nid...&s_cid=queue-1
    Wonder if it's the same crew. Funny how the car they drive is newer and nicer than my cars they jacked.