Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Currently I think Wildflowers by Tom Petty is closest to being my one favorite.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Jimmy Cliff's "The Harder They Come" Just such an easy album to come back to.

Lot of contenders already listed here but in keeping with the rules;

Yup......
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 08-20-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Well I don't really expect anyone else to get Ram, it's kinda personal to me, but the album got remastered this year and it's pretty cool. It's kinda too digital for such an emotional album but there's a lot of stuff on there that you couldn't hear before, it's worth checking out from where I sit.

I first heard heard Ram over the PA at Stoneham, Quebec, where I first learned to ski back when I was about 11. it grabbed me then and I've never let go. It's not like I'm a huge macca fan or the biggest Beatles fan either, but I do love the Beatles and will defend them against Philistines. Such as Lemon Boy. Yeah I just called you out LB.

Ram is what McCartney was thinking about while the Beatles were still going but Lennon wouldn't let him do. It's like the first Boston album - it was thought about for years and then put out there and that was all there was but that's all there needed to be. It stands alone. I fucking love it and always will. So if I've shown over the years that I have a brain, and a heart, and some taste, take it from me: Give it a listen, and a chance.

My favorite album, no doubt about it.

I have to admit I don't get Ram, and I didn't expect to see that here. I couldn't really tell you what's on it without looking it up. I guess I'm more of a Lennon fan and haven't paid much attention to McCartney since his first solo album. I'll see if I can check out some Ram stuff online.

While I'm doing that:

Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks
    not sure why this surprises me, but it was my first reaction and I cannot remember not owning this (think I had it on LP, cassette, CD and now ipod) or ever going a while without listening to it.
    & I can sing every word to every song no matter my sobreity

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I have to admit I don't get Ram, and I didn't expect to see that here. I couldn't really tell you what's on it without looking it up. I guess I'm more of a Lennon fan and haven't paid much attention to McCartney since his first solo album. I'll see if I can check out some Ram stuff online.

While I'm doing that:
    ^^^Very high on the "Favorite Songs" list.

Probably #1 (and a great version, but I can't find the one I'm looking for right now):

Still not the right version but closer to it:

Last edited by iceman; 08-21-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Weezer - Blue Album

Cut buddy holly and it may be perfect.

"Sweet Jane" is on the forever favorite list. Almost any version - I'm a sucker for the Cowboy Junkies version, too.

Some people said VU'd lost their edge, but I like Loaded a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Some people said VU'd lost their edge, but I like Loaded a lot.
    Weren't they the same people who hated the Banana album until it was lauded.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Weren't they the same people who hated the Banana album until it was lauded.
    Yeah, some people don't know shit.

...about the air. <-obscure talking heads lyric.

fear of music

fear of music
    For a while, that was my favorite album:

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Weezer - Blue Album

Cut buddy holly and it may be perfect.
    I was about to write the EXACT same thing. Definitely some good ones in this thread too - Brothers in Arms, Oh, Inverted World, etc. Although, I may also have to go with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_National_Boxer_Beggars_Banquet.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	119581  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by auvgeek; 08-21-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

fear of music
    said it before, if you get a chance read this book

http://www.amazon.com/Talking-Heads-.../dp/1441121005
    while listening to this album.
    its sublime.
    great author who lived its release

Second Favorite is clear too:

(remember, it's not about best or coolest, it's favorite). With that said, this is by FAR the best album from maybe the best "Rock 'n' Roll Outfit" in American music history. (Don't get in a huff Buster, there's lots of different categories in my rankings).

Such a dirty nasty sound. So good.

TURN IT UP

I like to rock, what can I say?

The clash, London calling.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Roxy Music Avalon
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Fuck I love Avalon.

Oh jeasus christ people. Stones. Let it bleed.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    , this is by FAR the best album from maybe the best "Rock 'n' Roll Outfit" in American music history. (Don't get in a huff Buster, there's lots of different categories in my rankings).

Oh please...there's so many better rock albums from American "Rock n Roll Outfits": Allman Bros "Live @ Fillmore.." or "Peach". Dead "Skull & Roses". The Byrds "5th Dimension". Ramones. Van Halen. The Fucking Velvet Underground "Loaded", "1969" or "Live @ Maxes" for freaks sake. Creedence. Not to mention a slew of newer bands.

OK yeah for that particular genre of shrieky weenie rocker hair band, I'd give Aeosmith a nod, but "the best " ? You really should know better. I'm shocked;;;shocked I say.

To claim it's a personal favorite I won't touch, I can respect but not understand Ram, but that's not what you're implying here, you're claiming some overall transcendent, Rolling Stone "Bestof" title...sheesh.

Now I know FZ isn't really part of most folks psychesphere which is fine; but for me, as you well know; FZ kills it in so many ways, from "Absolutely Free" through all the Ian Underwood titles like "Hot Rats", "Weasels Rip My Flesh", "Burnt Weenie Sandwich" (maybe my second favorite) and then the more plopular "Overnite Sensation", "Apostrophe", and "Zoot Allurs" there's so much good music.

Did you ever actually sit down and liste to the posthumous FZ "Imaginary Diseases"? Fucking awesome music and some of the most soulful, tender amazingly creative guitar work I've ever heard.

(how did I do; was I huffy enough?)
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 08-22-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I like to rock, what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Well, I gotta go with something a little different than what's been posted so far. There's just something about this album that got me in it's grips way back when I was just a little guy and still won't let me go all these years later. Musical flavors have come and gone over the years but this album has stuck with me.

There has been a lot of albums I really enjoy posted so far. WYWH is my number 2 album, but number 1 has to be Animals. I can listen to that all day long.

I'm gonna revise my entry for the sake of originality, and awesome.
    Operation Ivy, Energy. Yes it's compiled from a bunch of 7" but I don't care this album has been in my collection half my life and will remain.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer