Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    Massive Attack- Mezzanine
    Fuck. Yes. That album is beyond badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Lot of contenders already listed here but in keeping with the rules;
    Attachment 119307
    Mine as well.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

This would have to be my all time fav... for 41 years now:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

3 way tie for me: Rastaman Vibration, Physical Graffiti, Who's Next
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

NRBQ - At Yankee Stadium. Virtually impossible to pick one, as you feel you're betraying hundreds of others. But I'd have to say this is the record that grabbed me when it was released in 1978, and has continued to grab me all these years, even this afternoon when I played air-guitar, air-piano, air-bass, air-drums, air-trombone (!!!) , and sang along driving through North Idaho in the truck: Still the most diverse, wild, funny, groovy record I've ever heard. Love it.
    You have to let other people be right. It consoles them for not being anything else. -- Andre Gide

It's a great choice. Have loved the Q for 30+ years as you probably noted from that other thread you bumped. Gonna go see Terry and his "New Q" in about a month, dude is really something special, can't wait.

Legendary Stud

Fugazi- Red Medicine

I can't explain why. For some reason, it always puts me in a good mood.

Steely Dan

Countdown to Ecstasy

Been listening to this since the 70s, so many gems. It's a difficult exercise. I would guess that the younger mags arent participating since it seems that most music is released to be purchased one song at a time these days. Too bad most will never appreciate an album release, going to the record store to buy it, and sitting around with friends listening to it over and over. I have so many memories of listening to tunes with friends, saving for albums, spending HOURS in record stores....

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    "Fuck you. I won't do what you tell me!" - from another favorite

Studio:

Live:
    Man, between this and your sci-fi favorites, it seems likely you and I woulda been twisting one up had we run into each other in the mid-to-late 70s . . .

Appetite for Destruction. Everything I listened to before that I got from my parents- who were (are) generally cool but didn't want to buy such an explicit album for their nine-year-old- and everything I listened to afterwards was mine. Plus it fucking kicks ass. The second half of "Rocket Queen" is, basically, the high point of the last thirty years of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullywhacker View Post
    Man, between this and your sci-fi favorites, it seems likely you and I woulda been twisting one up had we run into each other in the mid-to-late 70s . . .
    Heh - I would have been ~11yo. It's never too late, however!

Another pair, slightly less favored than my previous entry:

Okay, I thought about this, and I can't/I'm not going to post just one and the reason for that is this:

In no particular order (duh), Pleased to Meet Me, the Mats:

Wild Gift, X:

Loveless, My Bloody Valentine:

Hey fuck you.

Nah who cares I was just trying to stop people from listing every album they can remember the name of like usually happens in threads like this. Good choices all but I kinda thought you might go:

But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Hey fuck you.

Nah who cares I was just trying to stop people from listing every album they can remember the name of like usually happens in threads like this. Good choices all but I kinda thought you might go:

But what do I know?
    That's a pretty good one, really good actually. And I might have gone for the box set, but I listen to the ones I listed more, and box sets are cheating in lists like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Steely Dan

Countdown to Ecstasy
    I'm not a huge SD fan, but this is a great pick. Boddhisatva (sp?), man, what a hook. This was one of my earliest albums to love once I was choosing (as opposed to just listening to stuff the older brothers put on, though one of my older brother's friends did introduce me to it).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

urban rhythms
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I keep mulling over this thread, and without going back to look at my catalog (which would probably defeat the purpose) I just keep coming back to this. I would expect that I would be drawn to something older, more foundational, but this is the one.

A close second would be:

pretty sure my all time gun-to-head hafta choose favorite album is "dots and loops" by stereolab. it just does something to me that no other album does.

Lot of Fucking good music in this thread and I love my 60's music

But in college I listened to this a lot and always get a big grin in my heart when I listen to it still.

English Beat "What Is Beat".
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    in college I listened to this a lot and always get a big grin in my heart when I listen to it still.
    Joe Jackson's "I'm the Man" falls squarely in this category. (college, big grin in heart)

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullywhacker View Post
    if by "twisting one up" you mean make raunchy man love, you can still do it. just remember that it's harder to twist short ones.

Well, I gotta go with something a little different than what's been posted so far. There's just something about this album that got me in it's grips way back when I was just a little guy and still won't let me go all these years later. Musical flavors have come and gone over the years but this album has stuck with me.

...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

The Clash - London Calling

Name:  220px-TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  15.3 KB

First music I got into that wasn't the same thing every other kid in my high school already liked.